ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details

Lateral Entry to the post of Join Secratory

I do not feel that this would have come as a surprise amidst the vocal discussions going around about lateral hiring in civil services. The advent of this may result in a new trend where governments will fill the top posts with people of their coterie thus dumping the idea of civil servants neutrality.

The lateral hiring can be done through an exam which will test an individual's expertise in the particular field (and not a generalist exam). It should be ensured that the lateral hires works WITH the existing civil servants and do not veto them. They can perhaps be to JS what JS is to ministers.

IMG_20180610_104713.jpg
716 x 641 - 214K
Reshami si maaya thi,
Aur main takata jaata tha.

Comments

• itni formality bhi kyu kri inhone bol dete seedhe ambani, adani ke yha kaam krne wale londo ko hire kr rhe he jo ukhaadna he ukhaad lo
    motivated nationals ---- lol Rajan toh smbhla nhi inse , talent chahiye bkl ko
    sayonara
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

itni formality bhi kyu kri inhone bol dete seedhe ambani, adani ke yha kaam krne wale londo ko hire kr rhe he jo ukhaadna he ukhaad lo

+1000
  • I do not feel that this would have come as a surprise amidst the vocal discussions going around about lateral hiring in civil services. The advent of this may result in a new trend where governments will fill the top posts with people of their coterie thus dumping the idea of civil servants neutrality.

The lateral hiring can be done through an exam which will test an individual's expertise in the particular field (and not a generalist exam). It should be ensured that the lateral hires works WITH the existing civil servants and do not veto them. They can perhaps be to JS what JS is to ministers.

Bhai Sab Barbaad Kardiya Inhone . Sab Khatam Ho Gaya .
    Watch Out . The Game is On .
  • I do not feel that this would have come as a surprise amidst the vocal discussions going around about lateral hiring in civil services. The advent of this may result in a new trend where governments will fill the top posts with people of their coterie thus dumping the idea of civil servants neutrality.

ab mba krna pdega tier 2 college se , workex he nhi ,gap ho gya lamba , grad me bhi bekaar no. he :neutral:
    sayonara
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

I do not feel that this would have come as a surprise amidst the vocal discussions going around about lateral hiring in civil services. The advent of this may result in a new trend where governments will fill the top posts with people of their coterie thus dumping the idea of civil servants neutrality.

ab mba krna pdega tier 2 college se , workex he nhi ,gap ho gya lamba , grad me bhi bekaar no. he :neutral:
    bhai state pcs ko mat chodna...govt wants to dilute direct recruitment to ias and promote the promotion of pcs to ias.
    Sabka maalik domino
  • Spoils system alert :/
  • domino said:

Lt_Mamiya said:

bhai state pcs ko mat chodna...govt wants to dilute direct recruitment to ias and promote the promotion of pcs to ias.
    arre ye yogi abhi exam hi nhi kra pa rha 2017 ka , 2018 ka hoga bhi ya nhi no idea
    prelims ka reslt agr unfavourable aaya toh CAT me score krna he 99pc kuch bhi krke
    sayonara
  • A faulty move.Decrease seats in CSE and opening a new front lateral.It wont help the government but paves a way for larger corruption.
    And procedure for selection is interview only.
  • Ye bik gayi hai gormint,
    Ab gormint me kuch bhi nai hai. :/
    Reshami si maaya thi,
    Aur main takata jaata tha.
  • edited June 10
    Lateral entry per se wouldn't affect 90% of us, if it's kept to the highest levels of the Central govt. The average age among the previous generation when they got in was around 22-23, now it's 27-28, no one who gets in at that age would rise so high imo, since promotions are based on seniority and not objective.

That said, we all knew this had to happen, we are taking a leaf out of the administration of USA and the like and bringing in private hands. This would no doubt lead to further partisanship and horse trading, but let's not turn a blind eye to how the average bureaucrat beyond the districts is already a cynical and toughened player, who has no qualms about bending the rules. Of course, there would be an Ashok Khemka or two, but they are the exception, not the norm.

There is no way they can extend this to the districts imo, these corporate and think tank types with their fancy Oxford, Harvard, LSE backgrounds would rather die than leave the comfort of their all air conditioned life away from Lutyen's Delhi. Hopelly, this would increase the number of promotee IAS too, for too long I was biased about State PCS largely thanks to my academic background and bloody corruption in the exam process( our chairman got arrested last year, dozens of toppers are in jail now, so maybe for next 1-2 years it would be merit based), but the more I grow older, the more the realisation strikes that there's no guarantee that you even get to clear Upsc prelims, given the trend these days.
  • Dukhi atmaon ka ghar Forum_Ias :mrgreen:
    Expecto patronum
  • They will be no better than untouchables. IAS officers will be "aao kabhi haveli p"
  • Sabka Saath Sabka Vikaas!
  • Its not a surprise- it was coming- and yes this soon too - why to wait when u know there is no opposition.
    Its can be best described as spoilt system if USA but as this is India - it ll be more spoilt than US one - as here accountability and transparency is in negative.
    Right now BJP is in power - so RSS/Ambani ideology will rule d selection later UPA will come they ll do the same - returning back favors.
    We Indians have actually become very tolerant - I must say - so we turn a blind eye to most obvious repercussion of this move - death of objectivity and merit.
    PMO FC policy is just a part of this larger game - which we very smartly ignore bcoz UPSC preparation has hard wired our brain to think only +ve abt Govt decision - Govt can do NO wrong.
    One more thing - vacancies for IAS will reduce next year- see for ur self.
    Also - this move may not promote PCS officer's to IAS - Modi want DM of 27 years of age.
    Keep working hard - and also make a backup plan- CAT will be best - future is bleak here.
  • krrkrr
    edited June 10
    don't ponder over these issues. do the job at hand. one doesn't know what will happen 5 years down the line, forget about 20-30 years down the line. moreover, these steps will be continued only when present govt comes back in 2019. we are not sure on that front either. i mean, anything is a possibility. so don't fret too much. take reasoned decisions and stick to it
  • Paltu kutte chahiye sarkar ko aur vo sanghi ho to sone par suhaga hoga !
  • Its not a surprise- it was coming- and yes this soon too - why to wait when u know there is no opposition.
    Its can be best described as spoilt system if USA but as this is India - it ll be more spoilt than US one - as here accountability and transparency is in negative.
    Right now BJP is in power - so RSS/Ambani ideology will rule d selection later UPA will come they ll do the same - returning back favors.
    We Indians have actually become very tolerant - I must say - so we turn a blind eye to most obvious repercussion of this move - death of objectivity and merit.
    PMO FC policy is just a part of this larger game - which we very smartly ignore bcoz UPSC preparation has hard wired our brain to think only +ve abt Govt decision - Govt can do NO wrong.
    Also - this move may not promote PCS officer's to IAS - Modi want DM of 27 years of age.
    Keep working hard - and also make a backup plan- CAT will be best - future is bleak here.

Vacancies for IAS IPS and IFS will not reduce in any case for another 2-3 years. For god's sake don't create panic. Please.
  • chank said:

Its not a surprise- it was coming- and yes this soon too - why to wait when u know there is no opposition.

Vacancies for IAS IPS and IFS will not reduce in any case for another 2-3 years. For god's sake don't create panic. Please.
    IAS yes highly probable
    Not for IPS or IFS
  • chank said:

Its not a surprise- it was coming- and yes this soon too - why to wait when u know there is no opposition.

IAS yes highly probable
    Not for IPS or IFS
    Allied?
    Astrology ,stand up comedy
    Love to make memes,
  • chank said:

Much needed comment
  • Kuch nahi hoga... ye sab bigger plan ka part hai. Plan hai ki sabko bhagao recruitment se taki govt pe unemployment ka dosh hi na aye. Har jagah vacancies kam ho gayi. Aur ese sab naye tarike se fill up honge seats.

4-5 sal mehnat karo apna sab barbad kar...lastly upar ke levels inke apne log le jayenge. Aa gye bhai 'Ache din'.
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

• Do u think these vacancies for lateral entry - are created out of thin air?
    Change will be gradual - but it ll be there - from next year - main target is IAS posts. In future IFS too - wait n watch.
  • thanks to mudiji, he is doing vikaas..already much of the work in Income tax & Excise has been delegated to private companies, in deloitte india they have recently inaugrated a new dept to take care of the work delegated by these departments..Acche din are here mitro.. :)
  • chank said:

IAS yes highly probable
    Not for IPS or IFS
    Allied?
    Probably NOT
    Mainly IAS and in future IFS.
  • F5 said:

thanks to mudiji, he is doing vikaas..already much of the work in Income tax & Excise has been delegated to private companies, in deloitte india they have recently inaugrated a new dept to take care of the work delegated by these departments..Acche din are here mitro.. :)

his mind says US but his heart says nazi germany..... trying to ride 2 horses with one ass :trollface: his fall is inevitable
    sayonara
  • Lt_Mamiya said:

F5 said:

thanks to mudiji, he is doing vikaas..already much of the work in Income tax & Excise has been delegated to private companies, in deloitte india they have recently inaugrated a new dept to take care of the work delegated by these departments..Acche din are here mitro.. :)

his mind says US but his heart says nazi germany..... trying to ride 2 horses with one ass :trollface: his fall is inevitable
    :D
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

• Lt_Mamiya said:

itni formality bhi kyu kri inhone bol dete seedhe ambani, adani ke yha kaam krne wale londo ko hire kr rhe he jo ukhaadna he ukhaad lo

Privatization of Civil Services.
    'पसीने की स्याही से जो लिखते है इरादों को,
    उनके मुकद्दर के सफ़ेद पन्ने कभी कोरे नही होते'

• Kya fenk rha he be :joy: :joy:
    Expecto patronum
  • edited June 10
    Mitro...............
  • Falling number of seats and now lateral entry
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog