Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

Interview Preparation: CSE 2016

edited March 29 in Preparation FAQs
This thread of for those people who have just written mains. two questions i have to ask

1) should we prepare for interview or mains right now
2) what can be immediately started so that time is not wasted in december
·

Comments

• Prepare for some other exam if u are unemployed.and if employed then focus on ur job.mains results are often full of surprises, so its better to live in present in hope for better future
    ·
  • Prepare for some other exam if u are unemployed.and if employed then focus on ur job.mains results are often full of surprises, so its better to live in present in hope for better future

thank you for your "help". i do not have employment issues.

my question says what can i do to make best use of these months from preparation point of view. if mains results throw surprises, what can be done to improve for mains next year. I am not confident anyway because i havent been able to do well in my optionals, as per my expectation.
    ·
  • anjus said:

This thread of for those people who have just written mains. two questions i have to ask

Prepare your hobbies .. Use previous year transcripts for reference .. Maintain notes .. Will help whenever you get a call
    बने पुजारी प्रेमी साकी, गंगाजल पावन हाला,
    रहे फेरता अविरत गति से मधु के प्यालों की माला'
    'और लिये जा, और पीये जा', इसी मंत्र का जाप करे'
    मैं शिव की प्रतिमा बन बैठूं, मंदिर हो यह मधुशाला ।
    ·
  • anjus said:

Prepare for some other exam if u are unemployed.and if employed then focus on ur job.mains results are often full of surprises, so its better to live in present in hope for better future

my question says what can i do to make best use of these months from preparation point of view. if mains results throw surprises, what can be done to improve for mains next year. I am not confident anyway because i havent been able to do well in my optionals, as per my expectation.
    Hello Ma'am,
    The advice which ashsishsingh gave to you above was a good advice. You took it sarcastically but i dont think it was sarcasm. I was thinking of writing the same thing but anyways, if you think that you could not perform well in optional start preparing that now. It would only help you in future attempts (if any).
    ·
  • anjus said:

Prepare your hobbies .. Use previous year transcripts for reference .. Maintain notes .. Will help whenever you get a call
    thank you @lohkitwadi. can you share some of the hobbies questionnaires that you have made?
    ·
  • edited December 2016
    andy133 said:

anjus said:

Prepare for some other exam if u are unemployed.and if employed then focus on ur job.mains results are often full of surprises, so its better to live in present in hope for better future

Hello Ma'am,
    The advice which ashsishsingh gave to you above was a good advice. You took it sarcastically but i dont think it was sarcasm. I was thinking of writing the same thing but anyways, if you think that you could not perform well in optional start preparing that now. It would only help you in future attempts (if any).
    hello sir,

i did feel it was not put forward in the right way. And i think it also decreases participation of users in asking genuine questions.

I may have reacted in a bad manner because the answer did not address my query. It merely said wait. All i was asking was what to do - prepare for mains or interview.

Since there is enough time and it is difficult to prepare for mains again after studying so much just last week, one needs break. I was concerned not to waste December - January. I asked this because i have wasted these months and regreted later.

I am thinking of taking up the forumias mains test series by end of month, currently don't have the energy to do all studying again. So at least building some base for interview will help if one gets an interview call.

My apologies if I sounded rude.
    ·
  • edited December 2016
    anjus said:

anjus said:

thank you @lohkitwadi. can you share some of the hobbies questionnaires that you have made?
    Actually I ordered from flavido (hard copy) .. Then used the same hardcopy for additional points/notes .. The hard copy had transcripts categorized by panel, and must have been 200 pages at least .. It is very difficult to read the entire thing and be preapared for all sorts of question there if your turn is on the first 3 weeks, so ordering it right away will be useful for all who are expecting a call. It was ~300 bucks and totally worth it
    ·
  • I had some soft copy notes on "Reading Hindi Poetry" and "Trekking". Shall be sharing towards december end as I would not have access to my laptop till then
    ·
  • anjus said:

anjus said:

Actually I ordered from flavido (hard copy) .. Then used the same hardcopy for additional points/notes .. The hard copy had transcripts categorized by panel, and must have been 200 pages at least .. It is very difficult to read the entire thing and be preapared for all sorts of question there if your turn is on the first 3 weeks, so ordering it right away will be useful for all who are expecting a call. It was ~300 bucks and totally worth it
    Can you elaborate further sir? Is flavido available in Rajinder Nagar?
    ·
  • My hobbies are reading non-fiction , diary writing and travelling.

I have been reading some non-fiction, but the last 2 i have not done since i began preparing for upsc.
    ·
  • I think one can strengthen his/her optional and devote time to strengthen basics at this time. If one is sure of getting to the interview level ( I know very few would be that confident), better to concentrate on their background like ug/PG subject, hobbies, hometown, state specific issues etc.,
    Though I am not very confident of clearing mains, what I am planning to do is
    1) to create a list of words (around 500-600) which are very simple ones like politics, democracy, justice, science, terrorism etc., and frame my own definitions.
    The reason being we all know these terminology but when asked to define in interview we trend to Blabber in long sentences but don't answer them in a crisp manner.
    2) to complete big picture episodes and India and world from rs tv
    3) to cover my weakness in world history (mine is history optional)
    4) give some time for my state specific issues as it will be helpful if I get selected in the mains of my state psc.
    Anyway I am working right now, don't know how far my official responsibilities allow me to pursue these.
    ·
  • anjus said:

anjus said:

anjus said:

This is a hard copy compilation of 2014/2015 transcripts .. 2016 may also be available .. Not sure if it is there in orn xerox shops ..

https://flavido.com/product/civil-services-interview-transcript-compilation/
    ·
  • I think one can strengthen his/her optional and devote time to strengthen basics at this time. If one is sure of getting to the interview level ( I know very few would be that confident), better to concentrate on their background like ug/PG subject, hobbies, hometown, state specific issues etc.,
    1) to create a list of words (around 500-600) which are very simple ones like politics, democracy, justice, science, terrorism etc., and frame my own definitions.
    The reason being we all know these terminology but when asked to define in interview we trend to Blabber in long sentences but don't answer them in a crisp manner.
    4) give some time for my state specific issues as it will be helpful if I get selected in the mains of my state psc.
    Anyway I am working right now, don't know how far my official responsibilities allow me to pursue these.

I am not confident either , but let us say for Interview 2017. We will again get less time for it. I dont think 2 weeks is good enough time to prepare for interview. For backup, i will join the mgp for mains 2017. Those tests really helped me this year. So i will already focus on next year.

But i am just keeping 1% interview call chances so that at least i can have respectable preparation. My friend with whom i am preparing was not expecting an interview call last year but she did, got 130s marks and got allied services. So in case i get lucky, I just wanted to have a backup and not waste time

You have given some ideas, thank you. I have something to do now.

Will come if i have queries again.
    ·
  • I had some soft copy notes on "Reading Hindi Poetry" and "Trekking". Shall be sharing towards december end as I would not have access to my laptop till then

Bhai,
    Hindi Kavitaao ka shauk hai kya aapko?

Matlab Reading? yaa.. Writing?
    ·

Bhai,
    Hindi Kavitaao ka shauk hai kya aapko?

Matlab Reading? yaa.. Writing?
    Reading only bhai .. Likhne ke liye man mein sukoon chahiye, so upsc ne le liya poora kaa poora :#
    ·
  • anjus said:

I think one can strengthen his/her optional and devote time to strengthen basics at this time. If one is sure of getting to the interview level ( I know very few would be that confident), better to concentrate on their background like ug/PG subject, hobbies, hometown, state specific issues etc.,

I am not confident either , but let us say for Interview 2017. We will again get less time for it. I dont think 2 weeks is good enough time to prepare for interview. For backup, i will join the mgp for mains 2017. Those tests really helped me this year. So i will already focus on next year.

But i am just keeping 1% interview call chances so that at least i can have respectable preparation. My friend with whom i am preparing was not expecting an interview call last year but she did, got 130s marks and got allied services. So in case i get lucky, I just wanted to have a backup and not waste time

Achhi soch hai. Kah mai bhi yesa soch pata. par , kambaqt mera exam achcha hua nahi hai , kya hoga kuchh pta nahi.
    ·
  • anjus said:

I think one can strengthen his/her optional and devote time to strengthen basics at this time. If one is sure of getting to the interview level ( I know very few would be that confident), better to concentrate on their background like ug/PG subject, hobbies, hometown, state specific issues etc.,

Achhi soch hai. Kah mai bhi yesa soch pata. par , kambaqt mera exam achcha hua nahi hai , kya hoga kuchh pta nahi.
    Waise MGP main exam ke result bad suru hta hai kya?
    ·
  • @mods @supermods Please ban this Siya Sharan

She is spamming every thread :)
    ·
  • Hey all broses and sises, when you old are dones with interview preparation, comes to me and @Krk. We both will mock you all.
    Ramesh. Suresh. Rakesh. Ramesh. Suresh. Rakesh
    ·
  • Good initiative..
    What Qs. can be asked for following hobbies-
    1. Recording daily memories
    2. Watching motivational videos
    3. Reading ancient india civilization.
    ·
  • edited December 2016

Good initiative..

Haha bhai aapki hobby no. 1 ko justify karne ke liye sar par GoPro laga ke ghus jaana interview dene B)
    ·
  • Good initiative..

Haha bhai aapki hobby no. 1 ko justify karne ke liye sar par GoPro laga ke ghus jaana interview dene B)
    LOL LOL. :D :D
    ·
  • Good initiative..

Are bhai yeh dairy writing hai.....
    ·
  • Good initiative..

lol
    ·
  • anjus said:

anjus said:

anjus said:

This is a hard copy compilation of 2014/2015 transcripts .. 2016 may also be available .. Not sure if it is there in orn xerox shops ..

https://flavido.com/product/civil-services-interview-transcript-compilation/
    thank you so much! was not aware of any such thing existing. will order it tomorrow after checking if it is available in old rajinder nagar once.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog