ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details

Public administration 2018 papers.. Discussion and speculation about marks

Guys.. Some questions in the papers we're tricky and I found papers on difficult side as compared to last year papers.. Kindly share ur views

Comments

• If notes, material or books of pub admin required.plz contact
    ao.cari@gmail.com
  • Paper1 was easy this time mostly focused on initial 3 units, paper 2 was slightly difficult compared to last year as nearly every noncompulsary question have one out of 3 somewhat difficult subpart.
    Generic nature of questions this year has increased evaluator discretion so i feel there is going to be greater divergence from our expectations.
  • Hi friends, do we have any telegram group ( which doesnot discuss unnecessary things )for public administration to discuss answers and clarify our doubts. I appreciate your information on this .
  • There is one group though inactive on wtsapp on pub ad
  • Guys what do u thing how well our optional perform as compared to other optional this year
  • Paper 2 was like writing a GS paper. It was difficult to bring out an administrative angle in many questions. Climate change, Net neutrality etc made it a bit tough as far as pub ad is concerned.
  • I feel paper 1 and 2 both are difficult....paper 1 general questions so marking depends more on the evaluator than our expectations and paper 2 new concepts like net nutrality climate change etc were asked which made us to avoid these questions making it difficult ....compared to last year little tricky and difficult...wat do u ppl say....how much u ppl are expecting?
  • My last year score was 141+104 = 245. I had messed up paper 2 badly last year. I worked hard on paper 2 this time but the weird paper threw me off balance again. Best case I expect 280 overall.
    I dont know why many are claiming the paper was easy or simple?
  • Papers were not easy but now pub ad papers standards have gone very high.. So if we get normal questions which can be managed then it looks easy for some people
  • I also found both papers tricky and lengthy.. But paper 2 was definitely more difficult.. I created maximum points for the answers so that examiner gives at least some average marks and focussed on writing more points along with some deliberate diagrams
  • @Mithrandir 280 would be a very good score.. This year optional papers we're not easy so we can expect low marks in optipnals
  • @thechamp bhai not Expecting a very high score but definitely I will be happy with score above 250
  • Does anyone have imp newspaper compilations for PubAd optional...usually given by Pawan Kr Sir on neostencil??

Pls anyone?
  • Can anyone share pdf for public administration by lakshmikant
  • lol-pubad said:

@Mithrandir 280 would be a very good score.. This year optional papers we're not easy so we can expect low marks in optipnals

280 is my best case scenario if I am able to improve 30-35 marks which was my aim. Worst case, I at least hope to retain my 2017 score i.e 245. Even in paper 1, repeating 141 will be a task. What has demotivated me are students and even teachers claiming that it was an easy paper. I dont want to discuss answers but if someone starts, I'll participate.
    In any case, I think the cut off will fall to 770s. So lets hope for the best.

• lol-pubad said:

@Mithrandir 280 would be a very good score.. This year optional papers we're not easy so we can expect low marks in optipnals

280 is my best case scenario if I am able to improve 30-35 marks which was my aim. Worst case, I at least hope to retain my 2017 score i.e 245. Even in paper 1, repeating 141 will be a task. What has demotivated me are students and even teachers claiming that it was an easy paper. I dont want to discuss answers but if someone starts, I'll participate.

which teacher said easu paper bhai..I saw videos of Ansari and GS score ..in my view they are not saying it was very easy..
  • edited November 15
    Ramarse said:

lol-pubad said:

which teacher said easu paper bhai..I saw videos of Ansari and GS score ..in my view they are not saying it was very easy..
    I have seen the first few minutes of GSSCORE and he said that paper 1 was strightforward and only the language was difficult. The concepts asked were rountine and easy.
    In paper 2 he said that a lot of questions could be directly covered by 2nd ARC, which I doubted. For instance he said that the question on climate change was direct from disaster managment report. I doubted that as climate change is not only disaster mangment but includes many other things like distress migration leading to slums, decline in agriculture productivity, all leading to law and order etc. So, I was a bit surprised when he said that it was an easy question from 2nd ARC.

• Ramarse said:

lol-pubad said:

I have seen the first few minutes of GSSCORE and he said that paper 1 was strightforward and only the language was difficult. The concepts asked were rountine and easy.

Coaching ppl say like this only..abhi bole ki tough tha then..candidates ll start thinking ki inko ata nahin kuch.. he knows subject still feels and says the word dificult..so easy or hard we need name in list..rest is bakaiti only
  • Sb moh maya h.. or Pub adm sbse bdi moh maya h ;)
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)

" Woods are lovely dark and deep..
    But I have promises to keep..
    But I have promises to keep..
    And miles to go before I sleep.. before I sleep. " :)

#HumHongeKamyaabEkDin :)
  • Whatever maybe the case, anyone who has not attempted the paper in those three hours cannot judge its difficulty level accurately. I would be happy if I could do a 25-30 marks improvement. The only consolation is that all optionals across the board seem to be difficult this time as per reviews.
  • Sb moh maya h.. or Pub adm sbse bdi moh maya h ;)

have you changed the optional in this attempt? if not then say some words about papers
  • Whatever maybe the case, anyone who has not attempted the paper in those three hours cannot judge its difficulty level accurately. I would be happy if I could do a 25-30 marks improvement. The only consolation is that all optionals across the board seem to be difficult this time as per reviews.

totally agree with you. This time i found optional too general to be called an optional paper. It was tough to write pub ad answer in paper 2. ( for me atleast).
  • I found both papers difficult this time.In 2016 and 2017 paper 1 was easy.I had 256 and 261 in last two years.I am expecting a drop in my marks this year :(
  • Euras* said:

I found both papers difficult this time.In 2016 and 2017 paper 1 was easy.I had 256 and 261 in last two years.I am expecting a drop in my marks this year :(

261 is a good score. What was your gs score last year? Where did you lack?
  • Euras* said:

I found both papers difficult this time.In 2016 and 2017 paper 1 was easy.I had 256 and 261 in last two years.I am expecting a drop in my marks this year :(

Only 371 in GS and 131 in essay
  • Euras* said:

Euras* said:

Only 371 in GS and 131 in essay
    oh..Lots of scope for improvement in GS.

• Ramarse said:

lol-pubad said:

In paper 2 he said that a lot of questions could be directly covered by 2nd ARC, which I doubted. For instance he said that the question on climate change was direct from disaster managment report. I doubted that as climate change is not only disaster mangment but includes many other things like distress migration leading to slums, decline in agriculture productivity, all leading to law and order etc. So, I was a bit surprised when he said that it was an easy question from 2nd ARC.

+1 fo this qn
  • I also doubted his claims about questions from arc
    .. Papers were mostly gs type in paper 2..i did not think much about administration angle and wrote maximum points for answers as we do in GS papers with some diagrams. Now our fate is in examiner hand..
  • edited November 15
    Approach to westminister vs indian system qn? Anybody..
  • soulful said:

Approach to westminister vs indian system qn? Anybody..

Westminister- Traditionally strong two party system, no regional parties, very few coalitions in the past, Not suited for a federal state (since UK is not a federation), comparatively homogenous society, no judicial review.
    Unique Indian poltical culture- caste, religion factors. Growth of state and regional parties, presence of AIS, criminalisation of politics, strong ECI.
    Plus some other stuff which I cant recall.
    PS- take it with a grain of salt. Some of the stuff I mentioned, I might not have mentioned and vice versa.

Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog