‘Microbial toxins found in popular e-cigarettes’ In a first, NASA probe detects ‘marsquake’ on the Red Planet HC lifts ban on TikTok, but with a caveat IEPF Authority in a major success recovers Rs 1514 Cr of Depositors Money Madras High Court bats for extending legal abortion period upto 24 weeks
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims From 2011-18 | Read Here→

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

DAF for IFoS Mains 2016 is now out. Clarify all doubts here

UPSC has finally uploaded the DAF for IFoS Mains 2016. All doubts can be clarified here.

@DrKingSchultz kindly announce this thread.

Comments

• Jungle Jungle pata chala hai, chaddi pehen ke DAF khila hai.
  • Ithu enoda first attempt in writing Ifos..!

Hobbies ithellaiyum iruka enna?

Apram unga optionals?

@vignesh
    “Sometimes, it’s wise to be foolish”

2015: Cleared Prelims.
    2016: Cleared Prelims.
    2017: Cleared Mains.
    2018: Cleared Mains.
  • DG_Saahib said:

Jungle Jungle pata chala hai, chaddi pehen ke DAF khila hai.

:D
  • We have to upload scanned copies.... :D
    Any fool with a bit of luck can find himself born into power.

But earning it for yourself, that takes work.
  • Is time table out?
    4th mains| iss baar c**d maarenge
  • Other Criteria for State cadre preferences apart from what we normally consider (Home state, language, stability,..) ?
  • child said:

Is time table out?

The detailed Time Table of Examination will be made available along with the e-Admit Card.
    Source: Insider Info. :D
    (Mentioned in Instructions)
  • Can i use new email ID for mains???
  • Naidu said:

We have to upload scanned copies.... :D

So, we don't have to post anything this time like previous years.
    IFS - my dream......
    Be true to yourself ......
    One step at a time....
    If you can take it, you can make it
    A moment's pain is worth a lifetime's glory
  • guys i don't want to appear in ifos (csm overload)so should i fill daf or totally avoid it?I mean It won't affect my csm daf/application right?Please help,first timer here!
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
  • hope16 said:

Other Criteria for State cadre preferences apart from what we normally consider (Home state, language, stability,..) ?

Consider cadres with good government forest cover and role for forest services.

Generally Karnataka, M.P, Chattisgarh are considered good cadres for IFS.
    2013 - Indian Forest Service

2016 - In the battle!
  • I found this error when i tried to save the personal information page:
    "Error : Please select the any assistive device ."

can anyone tell what this error is about and what to do with it?
  • If we appear only for Gs and English paper and remain absent on optional papers,would we get our marksheet at the end after final results are declared ?
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )

CSE 2017 Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
  • cleared IFoS cut offs won't be appearing in mains
    ATB guys :smile:
    The real work gets done behind the scenes, Competition is the easy part - Usain Bolt
  • cleared IFoS cut offs won't be appearing in mains

i don't want to appear in ifos (csm overload)so should i fill daf or totally avoid it?I mean It won't affect my csm daf/application right?Please help,first timer here!

• edited September 2016

cleared IFoS cut offs won't be appearing in mains

i don't want to appear in ifos (csm overload)so should i fill daf or totally avoid it?I mean It won't affect my csm daf/application right?Please help,first timer here!

I am planning not to fill the DAF as the instruction says that only those who fill the DAF will be considered as IFoS candidates for mains phase

PS: I am first timer too better take view from some senior candidate
    The real work gets done behind the scenes, Competition is the easy part - Usain Bolt
  • @Akjakj same issue here. I think its some glitch which UPSC will resolve in a day or two.
  • DrSheldon said:

hope16 said:

Other Criteria for State cadre preferences apart from what we normally consider (Home state, language, stability,..) ?

Thank you :)
  • Greetings..
    I have joined here, few days before. I am completely at my childhood in this #World Upsc. I need help. One of my friend had given Upsc prelims this year..in order know What upsc is..!!
    She even didn't checked her result..
    But today she came to know that she has cleared preliminary examination. Now she will be writing her mains for IFS. This result is completely shocking for her. So I would like to ask you all, what should be her next step?
  • Greetings..
    I have joined here, few days before. I am completely at my childhood in this #World Upsc. I need help. One of my friend had given Upsc prelims this year..in order know What upsc is..!!
    She even didn't checked her result..
    But today she came to know that she has cleared preliminary examination. Now she will be writing her mains for IFS. This result is completely shocking for her. So I would like to ask you all, what should be her next step?

She should fill IFoS DAF and then study for mains exam.
  • i don't want to appear in ifos (csm overload)so should i fill daf or totally avoid it?I mean It won't affect my csm daf/application right?Please help,first timer here! @vignesh other seniors,pls reply
  • i don't want to appear in ifos (csm overload)so should i fill daf or totally avoid it?I mean It won't affect my csm daf/application right?Please help,first timer here! @vignesh other seniors,pls reply

It wont. Study fir mains and fill CSM DAF

i am also not appearing IFoS Mains. Have to study too much for CSM and till now no study for IFoS so i am not appearing
  • @vignesh brother, how are you managing ifos and csm together being in job . Please shed some thoughts on prep of ifos
  • hope16 said:

DrSheldon said:

hope16 said:

do I need to give home state 1st preference like IAS/IPS (otherwise one wudn't be considered for home state) or there is no such thing in IFos?
  • naujawan said:

@vignesh brother, how are you managing ifos and csm together being in job . Please shed some thoughts on prep of ifos

No unique strategy as such. Generally people reserve the last 3 weeks before IFoS exam for dedicated IFoS prep. But I cannot even finish 50% of the syllabus since I'm in job. So I combine things now itself. But I am a shameless guy in office and just do the bare minimum required so that I save at least 3 to 4 hrs per day. Add that to the 5 hrs I get at home. 2 hrs optional, 2 hrs GS, 2 hrs Hindu, 1 hr for Geology, 1 for agri and 1 hr for secure.
  • bhamboo said:

hope16 said:

DrSheldon said:

hope16 said:

do I need to give home state 1st preference like IAS/IPS (otherwise one wudn't be considered for home state) or there is no such thing in IFos?
    What ??? If home state is not given as 1st preference, we won't be considered for home state ???? Are you sure??
  • vignesh said:

naujawan said:

@vignesh brother, how are you managing ifos and csm together being in job . Please shed some thoughts on prep of ifos

No unique strategy as such. Generally people reserve the last 3 weeks before IFoS exam for dedicated IFoS prep. But I cannot even finish 50% of the syllabus since I'm in job. So I combine things now itself. But I am a shameless guy in office and just do the bare minimum required so that I save at least 3 to 4 hrs per day. Add that to the 5 hrs I get at home. 2 hrs optional, 2 hrs GS, 2 hrs Hindu, 1 hr for Geology, 1 for agri and 1 hr for secure.
    Thanks man.. Good luck to you.
  • Any body here could help with cadre preference in IFoS? Putting home state as my first. What should be the criteria to decide after that? Anyone having any friend or senior in the service already can probably help here.
  • stonecold said:

bhamboo said:

hope16 said:

DrSheldon said:

hope16 said:

What ??? If home state is not given as 1st preference, we won't be considered for home state ???? Are you sure??
    Its the rule in case of CSE (IAS/IPS).
    but not sure if the same is applicabe or not for IFoS (Forest Services).
This discussion has been closed.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google