"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
Mains 2017 : The Only Course you will need to Score 400+ in GS
Mains Foundation 2017 by Ravi R Chokkalingam – to cover GS Paper 2, Paper 3, Paper 1 (Social Issues), Ethics & Essay – with 4 Full Length Mock Tests.
Classes (Online | Offline) commence from 27th June for Mains Foundation, Mains Current Affairs, GS Paper III, Ethics & Essay

Call : 9555923039 for early bird discounts

for those who failed now what ???

It was my second attempt failed left my govt job 1 year ago , now totally blank no back up
pls help frnds now wat we should do next those who are in my condition
,my age will be 27(in april 2017) normal family (father retr. govt officer ) but i am single son now not earning yet,no more saving of job for going to delhi again cant ask parents
subha newspaper mai mains result ka dekh logo ne phone karke pauchna start kar dia hai :s sharm ke mare gar mai chup ke baitha hun
chocolate is my life
·

Comments

• ghar baith ke pre karo upsc ki

ssc de do agar aptitude acha hai aur job chahiye to.

·
  • edited February 22
    sharm kis baat ka?

jo puchh rahe tumse result un logo selct ho chuke hain kya? nahi na..fir sharm ks baat ka

yudhh me haar-jeet 2 hi cheezein to hain, sharmana kya hai fir

besharm ho jao...duniya kya kahegi....kya sochegi .ye bas tumhare mind k upaj hai...log kuchh nahi sochte kisi k baare me..sab apne life se pareshan hain.....jis tarah tum doosre ke fail hone pe react karoge, log bhi waise hi karte hain

·
  • This was my first attempt and I failed to convert. Main apse bhut kam experienced hun, but fir v I will say this. Forget about relatives, just think of the closest of the close people you have in your life and take a vow to make them feel proud and happy, whether through CSE or without CSE. Apne situation se nikalne ka key sirf apke pas hoga, nobody else's advice can do it for you. Take a few days break from everything and sort this out. Atleast, this is what I have planned for myself. ATB :smile:
    ·
  • edited February 22
    Just make sure that your talents and energy are not exploited by vested interests like coachings, NGOs, political groupings etc. for peanuts. This is most important thing.

Strategize and start again. 2nd attempt is not that long of a journey. I hv cleared CSM in my fourth attempt this time. And I am 29. And I will again fill up for CSE, just in case I don't clear or get desired rank.

And I guess you must be from general category. Right??
    Get a backup option in banking, SSC etc. Life is truly tough for general category so take any backup. Don't consider anything small.

Buck up and start again. All the best my friend. :)
    ·
  • How to decide if your dedication ll sustain n u can give 100% if in previous attempt u r feeling process is tiring n not able to study fullfocused BT after exam feeling is NXT attempt I ll give n last tym m gonna give my best shot n stop.how to kill insecurity n fear of uncertainty of this exam.
    ·
  • I would say if this is your second attempt..... find a job .... any job.... any salary.....and keep prepating..... forget everything else....

These three months are crucial....once its mid may .... the cycle will start and no job hunt will be possible....

I didnt clear mains last yr ..... and i was depressed to tje core....so i decided that i muat have a job.... found one.... though i cleared itBhis time..... i would have been less depressed as i have a job wid me....
    ·
  • apps24 said:

How to decide if your dedication ll sustain n u can give 100% if in previous attempt u r feeling process is tiring n not able to study fullfocused BT after exam feeling is NXT attempt I ll give n last tym m gonna give my best shot n stop.how to kill insecurity n fear of uncertainty of this exam.

Getting a job is answer to uy question.... based on my personal example
    ·
  • Can anyone suggest any new exams that are coming up
    Clueless
    ·
  • 8 hrs at job has a lesser negative impact on ur preparation than the anxiety of being left without anything and the feeling of worthlessness which Muktiple failure and Unempkoyment brings
    ·
  • Durkheim said:

Can anyone suggest any new exams that are coming up

SBI PO

regstr. open hai till 6 march
    Mood bohot kharab hai kya kare
    Prelims -2 Mains-2 Interview - 0
    ·
  • Durkheim said:

SBI PO

But PO k sath prep possible hai?
    Clueless
    ·
  • Durkheim said:

Durkheim said:

SBI PO

heh,,,

mai to nikamma baitha hun 2014 se... mujhe se to naa possible ho saki full time karke bhi cse...

ab kya kare.... kar bhi kya sakte hainnnn
    ·
  • edited February 22
    PO Exams now a days require dedicated prep. Except perhaps RRB PO. They are not the PO exams of yesteryears where GK ruled and Quant was predictable.

Majority of CAT aspirants too jump for PO as their syllabi is synced.

SSC, PSUs etc. are better options.
    ·
  • Durkheim said:

Durkheim said:

SBI PO

heh,,,

mai to nikamma baitha hun 2014 se... mujhe se to naa possible ho saki full time karke bhi cse...

ab kya kare.... kar bhi kya sakte hainnnn
    Don't lose hope and don't undervalue yourself. This is biggest mistake one can commit.
    ·
  • pks11630 said:

Just make sure that your talents and energy are not exploited by vested interests like coachings, NGOs, political groupings etc. for peanuts. This is most important thing.

:)

+1

Golden words.
    ·
  • PO Exam now a days require dedicated prep. They are not the PO exams of yesteryears where GK ruled and Quant was predictable.

SSC, PSUs etc. are better option.

yes thats true... but still do you find CSAT paper in sync with PO ?

in its most tough forms... on what was csat relatively tough ?

·
  • PO Exam now a days require dedicated prep. They are not the PO exams of yesteryears where GK ruled and Quant was predictable.

SSC, PSUs etc. are better option.

yes thats true... but still do you find CSAT paper in sync with PO ?

in its most tough forms... on what was csat relatively tough ?

Not at all. DI, Quant and Reasoning in PO are multiple notch above CSAT.
    ·
  • 8 hrs at job has a lesser negative impact on ur preparation than the anxiety of being left without anything and the feeling of worthlessness which Muktiple failure and Unempkoyment brings

You are spot on here.
    ·
  • Rhino05 said:

8 hrs at job has a lesser negative impact on ur preparation than the anxiety of being left without anything and the feeling of worthlessness which Muktiple failure and Unempkoyment brings

You are spot on here.
    Very true
    ·
  • Forest ke liye prepare karo...its predictable and doable...not arbitrary like cse.
    ·
  • win_2017 said:

Forest ke liye prepare karo...its predictable and doable...not arbitrary like cse.

Bhai ,my earnest request in v. Humble words.
    Dnt give an advice unless you won the same war.
    God has been generous. Now is my turn to prove he wasn't wrong
    #myquote.

hindi literature optional. PREPARING NOTES FOR HINDI and would like to see notes of others.interested aspirants can contact here or @ daanveerakarna@gmail.com
    ·
  • I think the grass is greener on other side, I work for an MNC Bank in a front end sales job. This was my second attempt and first mains and I could not clear. I always wonder it would have been easier if I had the luxury of studying full time and also my drive would have been higher if I had no back up of a job.
    This exam is just brutal, managing it along with a job which needs atleast 10 hours commitment is a humungous ask.
    ·
  • Anyone living in Noida here?

3rd attempt, 1st mains, socio, OUT
    ·
  • Friends start with anything.... call centre.... or even jobs at McDonald's ..... move to another city and use the anonymity if u r at home and cant do such jobs there.... the assurance if getting 10/20k at the end of the month gives peace of mind and helps in preparation....
    ·
  • Rhino05 said:

8 hrs at job has a lesser negative impact on ur preparation than the anxiety of being left without anything and the feeling of worthlessness which Muktiple failure and Unempkoyment brings

You are spot on here.
    Brutal truth....been through this ...now got job as exec engineer in state govt.....concentrating on ifos now...
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google