ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Herniated disc motivation

2»

Comments

• Prateek.v said:

I m having cervical spondilysis problem since two years. It spoiled my 3 attempts. I have been to gangaram, blk, physiotherapy, chiropractor in last two years but not able to cure completely. Now my cousin also developed disk bulding in lumbar area during preparation and now doc told him to do completelt bed rest.

i m still continuing physiotherapy in ORN if any body wants to share anything ( about docs, physio centre, chiro or other cheap n best resource ) please share. During preparation these health issues drying us economically.

Very true bro....it gets neglected, and suddenly u are struck with this...

And the doc which i am visiting is charging 1500 for each visit, and calls me every 4 day, just to prescribe one more medicine...

Everyone needs to be careful about how they sit, if sitting for long hours...
    Dont try to save money on good chairs, beds, table...

If u have to go through this, during post pre phase, it will be very difficult to study ..
    prevention is bbtr than cure..
    allez...allez...allezzz...allez...!!

• Hello people.....needed some suggestions,
    I have been bed ridden for a month now..
    I haven't been able to study anything, as Everytime I try studying, i end up worsening my pain...
    being confined to the bed and in my room for a month now , i am really lacking any thoughts, ideas, any motivation, about how do i study...

Sometimes i feel its end of the upsc journey for me....
    Just wanted to know from all the wonderful souls who replied above, how did they study in such situations???

How did they over come the agony of not being able to study???

Kindly reply..

I haven't been able to study anything, as Everytime I try studying, i end up worsening my pain...
    being confined to the bed and in my room for a month now , i am really lacking any thoughts, ideas, any motivation, about how do i study...

Just wanted to know from all the wonderful souls who replied above, how did they study in such situations???

Kindly reply..

Kind Souls....please help...me also suffering from herniated disc and sciatica pain since last 6 months...any solution
  • I too am suffering from this problem for over 6 months. It first arose in June, then resurfaced again in November.

Few cents from my experience:

1. Physiotherapist may be contacted once you know the exact cause of the problem. Normally, X-ray is sufficient to diagnose the cause.

2. I suggest, go to physiotherapist for not more than a week. In that week, you'll learn basic exercises that one can continue doing at home after that. Apply hot water bottle on the parts of leg/hip where you experience pain (before sleeping).

3. Of course, painkillers are a temporary fix. Avoid them.

4. Of late, I have switched to homeopathy and seeing an improvement in my case. The medicines I am taking:

a) Kali phosporicum (tablets)- 4 tablets at a time
    b) Causticum 30CH - 4 drops
    c) Ischialgin (Sciatica drops- Dr. Reckeweg) 10 drops in chullu bhar paani

All 3 thrice a day.

5) Exercise is a must. Watch top 2-3 videos on YouTube related to Sciatica pain + Ramdev's asanas for it

6) Ironically, in my case, sitting on a hard surface (damn office chair) was aggravating the problem, so now I use soft cushion on my seat. Plus a softer mattress. (This may vary from case to case I guess)

So, @Jurgen_klopp and other friends, do not worry. The problem is very much solvable. These lifestyle problems are common these days among middle age. But having encountered them early, hopefully we will improve our lifestyles accordingly.

PS: mera bhi last attempt hai, giving it in 2020 that too after switching optional (pubad-> maths).

• djgovins said:

I too am suffering from this problem for over 6 months. It first arose in June, then resurfaced again in November.

1. Physiotherapist may be contacted once you know the exact cause of the problem. Normally, X-ray is sufficient to diagnose the cause.

2. I suggest, go to physiotherapist for not more than a week. In that week, you'll learn basic exercises that one can continue doing at home after that. Apply hot water bottle on the parts of leg/hip where you experience pain (before sleeping).

4. Of late, I have switched to homeopathy and seeing an improvement in my case. The medicines I am taking:

All 3 thrice a day.

5) Exercise is a must. Watch top 2-3 videos on YouTube related to Sciatica pain + Ramdev's asanas for it

6) Ironically, in my case, sitting on a hard surface (damn office chair) was aggravating the problem, so now I use soft cushion on my seat. Plus a softer mattress. (This may vary from case to case I guess)

So, @Jurgen_klopp and other friends, do not worry. The problem is very much solvable. These lifestyle problems are common these days among middle age. But having encountered them early, hopefully we will improve our lifestyles accordingly.

PS: mera bhi last attempt hai, giving it in 2020 that too after switching optional (pubad-> maths).

Are u able to sit again??
    Its been 33days and i haven't been able to sit till now...i do few basic exercises daily...

Does exercises depends on which disc is herniated??
    Coz mine is l3/l4/l5...and my physio has told me to do few very basic exercises...

• Mild diffused bulge at l5-s1
    Can't walk properly. Undergoing physiotherapy since mains 2018. So irritating. You don't feel like studying when you are in constant pain.
    Sehar kareeb hai.. taaro ka haal kya hoga..
  • djgovins said:

I too am suffering from this problem for over 6 months. It first arose in June, then resurfaced again in November.

All 3 thrice a day.

Are u able to sit again??
    Its been 33days and i haven't been able to sit till now...i do few basic exercises daily...

Does exercises depends on which disc is herniated??
    Coz mine is l3/l4/l5...and my physio has told me to do few very basic exercises...
    Mine X-ray said, 'mild disk space reduction in L5-S1'. Can't say about exercises in your case. Ask Physio why exercise isn't working.

Try this for relief

Kindly reply..

Hello people.....needed some suggestions,

Kindly reply..

I have been through your stage.I would advice you to not push yourself. Do whatever you can but not at cost of your health.
    For me pain reduced in 2-3 months.
    I would suggest you to read the book - Treat Your Own Back by Robert Mckenzie
    Its small book - 90pg very easy to read. Please see it. I had tried many treatments over years but none produced the results which I have got in a month by following it. I am giving the drive link at bottom.
    Just make sure you do what he says and don’t overdo it.
    The exercises which he gives are simple you might know them but the thing which worked for me was repetition(He asks you to do exercise after every 2-3 hr).
    You would need to buy a ergonomic chair, if thats not possible you must buy a lumbar support and put it on chair you have. It works fine.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PfyblKLnCPVaKxR_JmnjUahJWJ_kPDa1
  • Someone has told he is benefiting from homeopathy medicine. I would avise you not to waste money on homeopathy. It never works. Other person might be benefiting because with time pain reduces and also there is possibility that the medicines which he is being adviced act as pain killer.
    I have tried homeopathy myself when I didn’t had much knowledge and realised it is fake. You can search online about homeopathy.
    You can start here - https://www.ted.com/talks/james_randi?language=en
  • Has anybody suffered from accessory navicular bone syndrome?
  • How to cure neck issue.

Also i got ankle sprain 2 months ago, it still pains. Lately it feels numb too.

Can anyone sugest a good orthopedician or whoever i should consult.
  • edited March 7
    ruush said:

How to cure neck issue.

Also i got ankle sprain 2 months ago, it still pains. Lately it feels numb too.

Can anyone sugest a good orthopedician or whoever i should consult.

same issue... plz help
  • Hi friends. Simple suggestions from my side. Please try them out.

1. In case of acute pain, please pop in one pill of Zerodol-SP (with SP, serratiopeptidase is a muscle healing enzyme) SOS
    2. Take Capsule Myoril 4 mg (thiocolchicoside) twice daily for 5 days. It is a muscle relaxant and cox inhibitor.
    3. Refrain from bending at the hip. Incase you need to pick up a pencil which you've dropped on the floor, tie your shoe lace or sweep, make sure that you bend at your knees and exert zero pressure on your spine.
    4. For faster healing, bed rest and warm compress is suitable. Please buy a hot water bag and apply it at the site of pain. This will increase the blood supply to that area and result in quicker healing.
    5. Back strengthening exercises can be done once the pain has significantly subsided. Please do not perform any physical labour or any exercises while still in pain. It will aggravate the condition.
    6. Physiotherapy can be done once condition improves. Ultrasound and traction therapies are, in particular, quite helpful.

Hope this helped. Get well soon. Sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • After being in severe pain for last 4 months, every single day and trying everything possible, i have finally decided to undergo a surgery..

Just a final request..
    Can anyone suggest a good spinal surgeon in delhi ncr who specializes in endoscopic microdecectomy??...

Goggle and quora couldn't help me much...
    So anyone has heard or had an experience of any good spinal surgeon in delhi ncr plzz let me know...

Thanks..

Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google