Ranklist & Marks ! Offline Test Takers of ForumIAS Simulator Test 0
Click here to view score and results
We are hiring!
Visit http://go.forumias.com/changetheworld to apply now!
Click here for online test   All India Open Simulator Test 2019, Online test will be active upto 18th March, 8 PM today.

Indian Forest Service Mains 2018

A single thread for IFS paper discussion 2018 .

Comments

• How was the GK paper ?For me questions 5 and 6 were pretty tough and unexpected type.Some of them required hardcore knowledge of Biology.
  • What about attendance at various centres ?At Kolkata centre there were 7 . 12 students were absent.
  • 16 present out of 24 in one exam Hall. Chennai

Looks like you were in my room...Presidency girls
    ..I saw 8 people absent out of 24..In my room
    ये जो मोहल्ले में बसते हैं अच्छे लोग, इनका बहुत बड़ा हाथ है मुझे बुरा बनाने में
  • Simmu said:

How was the GK paper ?For me questions 5 and 6 were pretty tough and unexpected type.Some of them required hardcore knowledge of Biology.

Paper was for bsc guys....one of my friend bsc botany found it easy.
  • Jim said:

Simmu said:

How was the GK paper ?For me questions 5 and 6 were pretty tough and unexpected type.Some of them required hardcore knowledge of Biology.

Maybe he would have found polity and geography tough.
    ये जो मोहल्ले में बसते हैं अच्छे लोग, इनका बहुत बड़ा हाथ है मुझे बुरा बनाने में
  • Yes. 5,6 needed deep bio knowledge. Edge for people with bio background. But i ended up not having enough time for polity section.

Repeat of Bose Einstein was heart breaking. I could recall very little, damn.
    2017,2018 : P+M.
    Anthropology
  • Pls share the paper
  • Jim said:

Simmu said:

Dont know about polity but geography was not tough
  • Jim said:

Simmu said:

I don't think so .Geography polity History and Economy were usual GS types.Anyone with sufficient reading can write a 2 page answer .But ,Solving those Bio questions will surely give an edge
  • Can anyone explain Communal secular wala question
  • Simmu said:

Jim said:

Simmu said:

I don't think so .Geography polity History and Economy were usual GS types.Anyone with sufficient reading can write a 2 page answer .But ,Solving those Bio questions will surely give an edge
    Yes...that is why i am saying paper was for bsc guys

Room 11 had 7 absent out of 23 total strength.

BTW what did everyone write in the polity question on communal secular to governance.;?
  • Simmu said:

Can anyone explain Communal secular wala question

I wrote it mainly on political lines rather than polity. Explained about political discourse changing from communal lines say regional parties, Mandalisation, Hindu-muslim to development and anti corruption oriented politics.
    Don't know how far it is relevant.... But anyway most questions were somewhat like this.
  • ab94 said:

Simmu said:

I wrote it mainly on political lines rather than polity. Explained about political discourse changing from communal lines say regional parties, Mandalisation, Hindu-muslim to development and anti corruption oriented politics.
    Don't know how far it is relevant.... But anyway most questions were somewhat like this.
    I also Wrote on the same lines
    Center bhopal 8 absent
  • Simmu said:

What about attendance at various centres ?At Kolkata centre there were 7 . 12 students were absent.

I dont think absentism will have effect now as it used to be earlier when ifos mains was conducted before civils and a large number of aspirants used to skip it.
  • Jim said:

Simmu said:

What about attendance at various centres ?At Kolkata centre there were 7 . 12 students were absent.

I dont think absentism will have effect now as it used to be earlier when ifos mains was conducted before civils and a large number of aspirants used to skip it.
    Well most are not forest service aspirants anyway. Many were disinterested in giving the paper.
  • edited December 2018
    what was your attempt in gk folks? i have barely written for 230 marks. and within that, only god knows how much of it is relevant.
  • what was your attempt in gk folks? i have barely written for 230 marks. and within that, only god knows how much of it is relevant.

250 marks but same issue dont know how much relevant
  • ab94 said:

Simmu said:

In addition to this I wrote that governments are coming on communal agenda and they are delivering secular governance. So a kind of dichotomy has been created in political discourse of india
    Out again. But ab adat ho gayi hai :)
  • what was your attempt in gk folks? i have barely written for 230 marks. and within that, only god knows how much of it is relevant.

270 is amazing.

270 is amazing.
    Na bhai mere frnds kuchh 300 ka karke aaye hain :D
  • edited December 2018

what was your attempt in gk folks? i have barely written for 230 marks. and within that, only god knows how much of it is relevant.

270 is amazing.
    ifos pre nahi nikla aapka to phir kese 270 kar aye. Ghar par solve kara kya

270 is amazing.
    Abe kisne bola tereko ki pre nahi nikala mera :D

270 is amazing.
    tum hi to bolte ho still trying to clear prelims

270 is amazing.
    tum hi to bolte ho still trying to clear prelims
    Ohhh. Is baar ho gaya. Now trying to clear mains. Isliye chand kar liya :D

270 is amazing.
    Pitaji 300 ki Goli Dene wale aapke bhi pitaji hain
  • Simmu said:

270 is amazing.
    Pitaji 300 ki Goli Dene wale aapke bhi pitaji hain
    :D :D
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google