We are hiring!

How is M puri for GS2 (2018)

it it really worth 30k ? as only online classes can be availed now coz he has shifted to Chandigarh

Comments

• nothing is worth 30k in cse preparation.

just go through his notes, plus read pawan kumar's notes fr governance part.

CA is the key...u can go for lukmaans editorial discussion notes and 365 for that..

i don't think u will need anything more for your content part
  • Warlord said:

nothing is worth 30k in cse preparation.

CA is the key...u can go for lukmaans editorial discussion notes and 365 for that..

+1
  • There r few teachers who really add value to your preparation. Puri sir is one of those. When I attended his classes the fee was around 27k every penny was worth it. Other teachers who really added some value to my preparation are Mujtaba sir of lukman ias. He teaches sociology. I fail to understand why do they dont promote his course. He is much better than any big name in sociology . I got an improvement of almost 100 marks in my optional. To some extent Avadh ojha sir also helped in world history. But history is mostly given in standard books. The above two teachers have a lot to offer outside standard books. Likewise Atul garg ex faculty of vajiram is awsesome for ethics. Baaki my opinion is my opinion none of your opinion.
    hey bro
  • edited July 2018
    Warlord said:

Hey is this lukmaan Editorial discussions available in Market or flavido etc?
    HUSTLE
  • So on popular demand i would also like to take this opportunity to list various teachers or sources who i found be valuable during my 6-7 year preparation.
    Gs1- pre preparation for history, norman lowe for wh, ncerts, bv rao for wh, mujtaba sir sociology note for Indian society, gc leong n ncerts gor geog and one ear open for current affairs.
    Gs2 M. Puri, pavneet sir of vajiram's IR notes to some extent
    Gs3 mrunal, sriram eco notes,vaji s and t notes, pavneet internal security notes.
    Gs4 atul Garg and certain guidlines by puri sir on case studies
    Sociology- Mujtaba Hussain of lukman insitute
    Essay - my self was enough to blast paper
    hey bro
  • I agree with krk here. Few teachers does add a lot of value to your prep. Puri sir for gs2, Atul garg sir for ethics, Shabbir sir for essay, Pavneet sir for IR being some of them.

Although I have not attended Puri sir's classes myself, I made it a point to get his updated notes each year. So if you have time, do attend his classes. If you are appearing for this year mains, then go for his notes

Btw great list for resources @Krk . This is what more or less should be followed.
    Krk said:

So on popular demand i would also like to take this opportunity to list various teachers or sources who i found be valuable during my 6-7 year preparation.
    Gs1- pre preparation for history, norman lowe for wh, ncerts, bv rao for wh, mujtaba sir sociology note for Indian society, gc leong n ncerts gor geog and one ear open for current affairs.
    Gs3 mrunal, sriram eco notes,vaji s and t notes, pavneet internal security notes.

CSE'17 Rank 10 | CSE'16 Rank 250 and IFoS'16 Rank 2 | Blog
  • kabira said:

I agree with krk here. Few teachers does add a lot of value to your prep. Puri sir for gs2, Atul garg sir for ethics, Shabbir sir for essay, Pavneet sir for IR being some of them.

Although I have not attended Puri sir's classes myself, I made it a point to get his updated notes each year. So if you have time, do attend his classes. If you are appearing for this year mains, then go for his notes

Btw great list for resources @Krk . This is what more or less should be followed.

Krk said:

So on popular demand i would also like to take this opportunity to list various teachers or sources who i found be valuable during my 6-7 year preparation.

Thanks bro
    hey bro
  • kabira said:

I agree with krk here. Few teachers does add a lot of value to your prep. Puri sir for gs2, Atul garg sir for ethics, Shabbir sir for essay, Pavneet sir for IR being some of them.

Krk said:

Sir puri sir notes available right now are of nov dec 2017. Latest one are not there since classes are not yet completed. Should i read previous ones or wait for his classes to get completed?
  • notes are good , but the classes / videos seem to be more beneficial , just cost is too much , maybe some sharing model ho jaye
  • Arey yaar koi divya gyan nhi mil jaega kisi master se
    Don't waste 30k.
    Just read 2-3 coaching notez. Diversify
    2015- prelims failed by 1 mark
    2016 - missed final list by 9 marks
    2017- missed final list by 4 marks
  • Cremator said:

Arey yaar koi divya gyan nhi mil jaega kisi master se
    Don't waste 30k.

ohkk ,thanks sir
  • Warlord said:

Hey is this lukmaan Editorial discussions available in Market or flavido etc?
    sorry but haven't checked it yet in the market. u can check with those xerox guys..image runner
  • notes are good , but the classes / videos seem to be more beneficial , just cost is too much , maybe some sharing model ho jaye

i have seen puri sir's sample videos on his website.

he just makes things easy for us eg, important judgements, reports , committes basic' concepts etc ... platter pe de dete hai sir..same is true with mk yadav sir for paper 3..

but if u can find all those fodder points in their notes, then whats the point of joining tutions.

the fees they are charging is outrageous ..

i think these coaching institutes have moral duty to think about students. they just cant exploit our insecurities..
  • Cremator said:

Arey yaar koi divya gyan nhi mil jaega kisi master se
    Don't waste 30k.

ohkk ,thanks sir
    https://www.quora.com/How-is-M-Puris-GS-Paper-2+-module-for-UPSC-preparation

if whole student fraternity including topper Kabira sir and many more are saying unequivocally that his classes are good then it must be some great learning experience right? You have to decide whether you want to invest 30000 for may be 10-50 marks improvement (overall GS marks as what he teaches touches GS3 and 4 also) or if you would like to buy multiple notes from market and read everything and save money.

There is no doubt that reading every other good notes from market will cost you huge amount of time and effort and you solely will be responsible for making sense out of accumulated material. You may think "Reactionary" means those who give reaction while it means something else in polity. Guru if good, does help but no one stops you from being Eklavya. Being alredy intelligent, having background work done by diverse reading or a good mentor might do away with need of joining any coaching classes. Decide where do you stand and what do you want.
  • true but its expensive yaar and as others say 30k for one component is quite a lot
  • true but its expensive yaar and as others say 30k for one component is quite a lot

Bhai find someone to share the course cost.
  • Kisi k pass pichli baar wali classes hongi videos wo pta krlo or do notes only wo b same hi hai
    ATB
    HUSTLE
  • kabira said:

Krk said:

Thanks for your opinion, Sir.

But, I wonder why other toppers same traditional materials ki pupdi (in words of mrunal sir) bajate Hain.

Why don't they say that ki 5-10 jagah se coaching le rakhi h.... they should be honest . It is better not to guide than to misguide
    Waiting for the day...
  • Dead Man said:

true but its expensive yaar and as others say 30k for one component is quite a lot

i think some rich people on forum like @Neyawn sir can contribute toward income redistribution by buying the course and giving it free to everyone who needs it...
  • Warlord said:

Dead Man said:

true but its expensive yaar and as others say 30k for one component is quite a lot

i think some rich people on forum like @ Neyawn sir can contribute toward income redistribution by buying the course and giving it free to everyone who needs it...
    :joy:
  • kabira said:

Krk said:

I agree with @Krk here as well. Also i am not a person who can make good sense of written material without the classes and even if i succeed, it involves a lot of time and effort, which can be utilised some where else.
  • Yaar, if you've gone through the blogs of toppers, many of them like Anu Ma'am have written a post on what all coaching they've attended. I've written one myself on my blog. Do have a look and decide yourself.

Disclaimer - I've not read or heard Mrunal sir view on this. Although I must say he is one of the rare teacher and mentor who is universally admired. Mujhe context nahi pata unhone kyu and exactly kya bola hai.

kabira said:

Krk said:

Thanks for your opinion, Sir.

But, I wonder why other toppers same traditional materials ki pupdi (in words of mrunal sir) bajate Hain.

Why don't they say that ki 5-10 jagah se coaching le rakhi h.... they should be honest . It is better not to guide than to misguide
  • dpagarwal said:

kabira said:

Krk said:

Sir puri sir notes available right now are of nov dec 2017. Latest one are not there since classes are not yet completed. Should i read previous ones or wait for his classes to get completed?
    Yaar naye notes kaafi late aayenge as per previous year experience...probably by September first week. So you can do with old notes too. Include current affairs in those by yourself.
  • @kabira Sir, Ethics Atul Garg/ Lukman/ Pawan sir. Can you guide? If not compare then can you please give some feedback about anyone out of these?
  • Runner said:

@kabira Sir, Ethics Atul Garg/ Lukman/ Pawan sir. Can you guide? If not compare then can you please give some feedback about anyone out of these?

I've attended Atul sir's classes and Ansari sir test discussion. Would suggest Atul sir. By the way I've already shared his notes on my blog. Ek baar dekh lo shayad usi se kaam ho Jaye.
  • kabira said:

Runner said:

@kabira Sir, Ethics Atul Garg/ Lukman/ Pawan sir. Can you guide? If not compare then can you please give some feedback about anyone out of these?

I've attended Atul sir's classes and Ansari sir test discussion. Would suggest Atul sir. By the way I've already shared his notes on my blog. Ek baar dekh lo shayad usi se kaam ho Jaye.
    Sir, your humbleness and helping nature will bring you future success in career as IAS too. Thank you. Have a good day :)
  • Dead Man said:

Do you know someone. Please PM.
  • kabira said:

Krk said:

thank you so much to both @kabira and @Krk for your guidance...really helps newcomers like me...
  • bhanu4858 said:

kabira said:

Krk said:

thank you so much to both @kabira and @Krk for your guidance...really helps newcomers like me...
    Mention not. And pressure is alwys mine
    hey bro
  • Runner said:

kabira said:

Runner said:

Sir, your humbleness and helping nature will bring you future success in career as IAS too. Thank you. Have a good day :)
    Sir can you pls give the link of your blog
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly