ANNOUNCEMENT : Prelims 2019 Select Focus Group (SFG) Commencement Date, Entrance Test and Other Details
MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Notes Making and Current Affairs

How should one prepare current affairs notes, like in initial stage of my preparation I am finding it very difficult to make notes of current affairs. Heard topper's talk and they stress on notes making and consolidating those notes , making mind maps and stuff ... but it still feels pretty difficult to cover current affairs from multiple sources ... making mindmaps,notes ..!

Comments

• make notes if you want

• Every student has a different strategy as per their schedule and study timing. Making the notes on current affairs is quite easy as I have created the online notes on Evernote platform. Make sure that your notes on current affairs should be topic wise. It will help you not to repeat the same thing again.
  • notes making from newspaper ab important ni h bilkul v ni h

• Simranias said:

Every student has a different strategy as per their schedule and study timing. Making the notes on current affairs is quite easy as I have created the online notes on Evernote platform. Make sure that your notes on current affairs should be topic wise. It will help you not to repeat the same thing again.

how to make efficient crisp notes from the editorials ? hindu editorials takes 15-20 mins for me
  • How should one prepare current affairs notes, like in initial stage of my preparation I am finding it very difficult to make notes of current affairs. Heard topper's talk and they stress on notes making and consolidating those notes , making mind maps and stuff ... but it still feels pretty difficult to cover current affairs from multiple sources ... making mindmaps,notes ..!

If you can, then go for digital notes. With abundance of information it is impossible to consolidate everything in handwritten notes. It will take time and at some point you will have to compromise on the number of resources you can refer to. It might take time to prepare digital notes but they will go a long way.
    CSE'17 Rank 10 | CSE'16 Rank 250 and IFoS'16 Rank 2 | Blog
  • by a printer and make a good consolidate note on specific topics and then take a printout its easy to revise hard copy compared to soft copy plus hadnwritten notes waste time

root note: Account suspended for posting obscene images
  • edited May 17
    I fully agree with you i was also facing the same problem but after that my friend recommended to watch the DNS videos -current affairs videos which are uploaded by Rau's IAS Study Circle every day in their youtube channel, each and every part of the vital current affairs are explained analytically and so you can make your notes much easier than before. I have also bought their FOCUS magazine which is very helpful as well. All the important current affairs are amalgamated in one booklet which is great.
    I am leaving the link of the youtube channel and the focus magazine link of the institute so it will be easy for you to know more details about it.

http://www.rauias.com/focus-magazine/
  • I fully agree with you i was also facing the same problem but after that my friend recommended to watch the DNS videos -current affairs videos which are uploaded by Rau's IAS Study Circle every day in their youtube channel, each and every part of the vital current affairs are explained analytically and so you can make your notes much easier than before. I have also bought their FOCUS magazine which is very helpful as well. All the important current affairs are amalgamated in one booklet which is great.
    I am leaving the link of the youtube channel and the focus magazine link of the institute so it will be easy for you to know more details about it.

http://www.rauias.com/focus-magazine/

Joins 3 hours ago
    Finds a single thread
    Makes a single comment
    Promotion Comment!
    We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog