Not sure how many of you have appeared for this test yet. Those who have, let's discuss our doubts.
45. The Constitution guarantees the following privileges to the President of India:
a No criminal proceedings shall be instituted against the President in any court during his term of office
b No process for the arrest or impeachment of the President shall be issued from any court during his term of office
c The President shall not be answerable to any court for the exercise and performance of the powers and duties of his office or for any act done or purporting to be done by him in exercise of those powers and duties
d No civil proceedings whatsoever shall be instituted against the President in any court during the term of his office.
Doubt: President has all these privileges. Infact civil proceedings are the ones that can be initiated against him after giving 2 months notice. So, may be the question should have "Constitution does NOT guarantee" or am I reading something wrong ?
58 ) Which of the following statements is incorrect?
a Newspapers can publish Parliamentary Proceedings
b Newspapers can publish any part of proceedings with the permission of the Speaker
c Newspapers has also the freedom to publish expunged portions of the speech of an MP
d Parliament has freedom to publish its proceedings.
Doubt: Didn't we see all the newspapers reporting Smriti Irani's mahisasur-Durga speech (with some newspapers giving indecent headlines) on the front page ? They were expunged by the presiding officer. Still reported.
I feel it should be option (b) as 44th amendment allowed all newspaper to publish parliament proceeding without any permission needed unless it is a secret sitting.
85. Consider the following statements regarding The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI):
1. Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA) was conceived by TERI .
2. TerraGreen is a weekly magazine of TERI on issues of environment, biodiversity, livelihood rights, wildlife, energy, and sustainable development.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
a 1 only
b 2 only
c Both 1 and 2
d None of the above
Ans ( c)
Doubt : TerraGreen is monthly magazine. Answer should be (a)
92. Which of the following schemes fall under EEE Scheme of Taxation?
1) Provident Fund
2) Kisan Vikas Patra
3) Unit Linked Insurance Plans
4) Sukanya Samriddhi Account
a 1 and 4 only
b 1, 2 and 4 only
c 1 only
d 1, 2, 3 and 4
Doubt : KVP is not EEE. Its interest is taxed upon maturity.
To be, or not to be, that is the question...