How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

frequent use of loudspeakers in delhi...wat to do

In old rajinder nagar these owners and some students also keep on celebrating birthdays, lohri, diwali, holi with loudspeakers even at 12:30 at night...also they did this during mains time...how can we complaint ?? ... Feeling helpless :/
all i need is You Lord

Comments

• allowed time was 10:30 pm last i knew.
    dial 100. local PCR van would take care of them. also you can tell the operator receiving your call not give your identity to local cops.
    Revolution 2020
  • Shift to hyderabad. It's peaceful here. Period.
    CSM-2014
    CSM-2015
  • Dharma said:

Shift to hyderabad. It's peaceful here. Period.

Funny :)
    all i need is You Lord
  • Kira said:

allowed time was 10:30 pm last i knew.
    dial 100. local PCR van would take care of them. also you can tell the operator receiving your call not give your identity to local cops.

Call is not connecting... I guess cops know about it coz they come for patrolling almost daily but on such days they skip..
    all i need is You Lord
  • mere ghar ke paas 3 marriage hall hain... normally 1 baje tak bajaate hain .... :disappointed:
  • they wont bother until someone asks them. just a knock on the door from cops is enough in most cases.
    100 not connecting is impossible.
    Revolution 2020
  • 100 will never work. It used to be a nuisance in 2013 here , when I decided to drop a mail to dcp and commissioner. Guess what? It worked ! There used to be a party every 2nd day here, and there has not been one since that day. I'll paste the contents here.

dcp-south-dl, cp.bsbassi
    Respected Sir

This is in utter exasperation that I am writing this mail. I am a resident of ( my address) and have my Civil Services (mains) exam Dec 2nd onwards. Blaring loudspeakers played during marriage have become a norm. The sound exceeds well beyond 100 decibel and continues well after 11 pm.

This is especially the case in Kasturba Niketan ( Lajpat Nagar-2).. I see that the police comes and the music starts again , once they leave. I request you to kindly take appropriate action/ issue directions for stern action and ensure that the residents can at least sleep peacefully.

Regards

• Kira said:

they wont bother until someone asks them. just a knock on the door from cops is enough in most cases.

Not impossible dear I really tried why would I lie
    all i need is You Lord
  • 100 will never work. It used to be a nuisance in 2013 here , when I decided to drop a mail to dcp and commissioner. Guess what? It worked ! There used to be a party every 2nd day here, and there has not been one since that day. I'll paste the contents here.

dcp-south-dl, cp.bsbassi
    Respected Sir

This is in utter exasperation that I am writing this mail. I am a resident of ( my address) and have my Civil Services (mains) exam Dec 2nd onwards. Blaring loudspeakers played during marriage have become a norm. The sound exceeds well beyond 100 decibel and continues well after 11 pm.

This is especially the case in Kasturba Niketan ( Lajpat Nagar-2).. I see that the police comes and the music starts again , once they leave. I request you to kindly take appropriate action/ issue directions for stern action and ensure that the residents can at least sleep peacefully.

Regards

Thanx boss...will do this now
    all i need is You Lord
  • mere ghar ke paas 3 marriage hall hain... normally 1 baje tak bajaate hain .... :disappointed:

There is this one family near my room and they are nuisance creators and ready to fight always.. They will celebrate even if their cat give birth to kitten.. No civic sense
    all i need is You Lord
  • doc said:

mere ghar ke paas 3 marriage hall hain... normally 1 baje tak bajaate hain .... :disappointed:

There is this one family near my room and they are nuisance creators and ready to fight always.. They will celebrate even if their cat give birth to kitten.. No civic sense
    Dekho ORN me panga na lo. Criminal type log rahte hai waha. Instead ear plugs use karo..
    कसूर ना उनका है ना मेरा, हम दोनो रिश्तों की रसमें निभाते रहे;वो दोस्ती का एहसास जताते रहे, हम मोहबत को दिल में छुपाते रहे।
    @summum bonum
  • doc said:

Kira said:

they wont bother until someone asks them. just a knock on the door from cops is enough in most cases.

Not impossible dear I really tried why would I lie
    then i think it is a bigger security issue. mail main isko bhi attach kardena timing ke sath.
    Revolution 2020
  • Bodo said:

doc said:

mere ghar ke paas 3 marriage hall hain... normally 1 baje tak bajaate hain .... :disappointed:

Dekho ORN me panga na lo. Criminal type log rahte hai waha. Instead ear plugs use karo..
    Wahi toh..abhi recently yahan 3 murders hue hain
    all i need is You Lord
  • doc said:

Bodo said:

doc said:

Hmm...i think u r a gal. Nd blv me delhites are no less than selfish animals.
    Avoid confrontation unless its necessary.
    कसूर ना उनका है ना मेरा, हम दोनो रिश्तों की रसमें निभाते रहे;वो दोस्ती का एहसास जताते रहे, हम मोहबत को दिल में छुपाते रहे।
    @summum bonum
  • docdoc
    edited January 2016
    Abhi toh they have stopped the music...thank u friends for ur suggestions...gud nyt :)
    all i need is You Lord
  • Bodo said:

doc said:

Bodo said:

doc said:

Hmm... Thnx man...gud nyt
    all i need is You Lord
  • Join a peaceful library. Opens 24 hours.
    Just wait and watch...
  • edited January 2016
    i live in old rajinder nagar,no such issues ,except of course festival nights ....contact your property dealer/agent and report to him

and 3 murders ?hey bhagwan
    the only hurdle between you and success is lack of genuine belief
  • Man our exam centre was tormented by both mosques and temples. It is just inexplicable.
    All generalizations are false including this one
    Fascinating Universe -
  • doc said:

In old rajinder nagar these owners and some students also keep on celebrating birthdays, lohri, diwali, holi with loudspeakers even at 12:30 at night...also they did this during mains time...how can we complaint ?? ... Feeling helpless :/

I mailed to dig cell given in up police site becoz i simply hate noise.....i quoted all relevant acts ......i mentioned the area but dint mentioned my addressbecoz i thot that they will check the noise in that area......10 days later two constable came to my house. .as i mentioned the area and my mail has my real name ......they told me that rules made cannot be followed practically and we wont go running around for ur cause u cum and write a letter to withdraw ur charge......i simply withdrew ..........
  • Defcon1 said:

Bodo said:

doc said:

Bodo said:

doc said:

haha well said.
    How is this well said..?
    If i say UPites are criminals and rapists ans biharis are illiterate shitty workforce, maharastrains are racists and south people are blacky and lungi, how would it feel ?
    Do not generalize whole damn city on the basis of one locality.when you'll pay to live in a shitty place , you will get to experience shit. Period.
    where do you live? raisina hill or in diplomatic enclave area?
    if not i guess the shit of your neighbourhood area has seeped into you.you are emitting that in shitty thoughts.
  • edited January 2016
    Defcon1 said:

@woodpecker i have always holded you in high esteem for the wisdom you possessed ,guess i was wrong!
    those who are disliking my comment are welcomed to do so because i have said nothing wrong or irrational. living in a slum in mumbai and then branding whole mumbai as slum is same as living in orn and declaring whole delhi as land of selfish animals. if you feel so much agony , then why continue your stay here ? even for that matter , why prepare for pan india services when you could be posted in delhi again(if u qualify ) . it is better to stick to your state pcs and be surrounded forever by your lovely people. its ironical that some people will glorify national integrity and homogeneous fusion of different cultures only on paper.IF you do not implement what you preach , you are nothing but a hollow soul.
    (logical discussion along with dislikes is welcomed )

@Defcon1 : there is a certain conflict of interest when you act as both the judge and the defendant. don't you think? Delhi is the place where the basest instincts of man come into full play, while maintaining the illusion of civilisation. Now counter it logically, and only logically, and I am willing to have a "logical" discussion with you. Cause so far you haven't shown yourself to be any better than those you deem as behaving "illogically." And please don't talk to me in pidgin english, follow the rules of grammer; the only kind of persons i find worse than an illogical person is a person who doesn't even properly know the language he is communicating in.

If you are weak at english, reply in hindi, bengali or telugu but follow the rules of grammar. That is the only thing I ask of you.
    Sometimes a little bit of darkness is what we need to shine. You are a diamond in this coal mine. you can dazzle the world, trust me! All you need is a little patience. This too shall pass.
  • edited January 2016
    Defcon1 said:

@doc, do as is suggested like mailing and all but make sure that those nuisance creators do not come about you. ORN is too noisy. :|

@Defcon1 , while expressing your frustration on generalization, you exposed a piece of you. So, you feel South Indians are black? LOL! All these while, I thought ki we Indians are brown. :mrgreen:

Also, we have every right to pin-point what's not right. You can continue living with 'shits being in shitty land' but there are many who wants to come over it and so, we complain. :trollface:

if you have average grammar skills then re read the message
    "If i say UPites are criminals and rapists ans biharis are illiterate shitty workforce, maharastrains are racists and south people are blacky and lungi, how would it feel ?
    Do not generalize whole damn city on the basis of one locality"
    where did i advocated that south are blacks , i posted , how would you feel if i make such a biased generalization based on some factors? do you get the sarcasm here ?
    you must be a resident below the tropic , you felt bad about the ignorant assumption towards south indian poeple right ? well thats how i felt when they remarked about whole of delhi while living in a tiny complex of it.just as much i hate anything ignorant towards delhi , same i do for whole of my india .got the point ?
    yes you have every right to fight injustice , i am not saying that you shouldnt call the cops , what my concern was how could you guys say and agree the people living in delhi are selfish animals ? that was my objection !
    @AeroplaneDriver : buddy, come join us here, when you feel like looking for a nice time-pass activity.
    Sometimes a little bit of darkness is what we need to shine. You are a diamond in this coal mine. you can dazzle the world, trust me! All you need is a little patience. This too shall pass.
  • Ye kya bakwas hone lagi...hahaha
    @Defcon1 bidu its nt abt locality...whole delhi hs selfish mentality frm raisina hills to khajoori khas !!
    You nd ur locality may b exception.
    @summum bonum
  • Call the control room. They respond. Manipulate your voice so that it looks like some high profile uncle is complaining.
    IRTS (2015), ITS (2014).
  • Why u people are fighting ??? Concentrate on ur exam...pehle hi bahar itna shor tha aur Ap sab log bhi yahan fight fight khelne lge ..take a chill pill and get back to studies.. All d best
    all i need is You Lord
  • IF there is a problem, then one has every right to raise the issue.
    certainly delhi is not the perfect place, there are selfish, violent, rude people here. I am sure there are such unwanted people in every major city, but i won't complain.
    But if one says that all delhites are selfish animals, then you can make a wild guess whether delhites are gonna help you or not.

As far as the loudspeaker problem is concerned, it is indeed a real nuisance.
  • Correct me if i m wrong..i think any place where lots of paying guests live landlords think that tenants have no right to raise their voice and if they raise they are asked to leave the room and it becomes difficult to find a room in that area.. They should understand that we r paying and also cooperating... But sometimes it hurts more when aspirants themselves become the reason for such nuisance..few days back some girls were singing songs aloud in street at midnight and that irritated the owners.. An argument took place but those girls didn't stop ...coz of such things people start competing with each other . we are here to study... We should enjoy but should not create problems in society...
    all i need is You Lord
  • you are completely correct, people ,whether tenants or owners, should behave decently and respect other people.
  • @bodo dear I won't say delhi people are nuisance creator but in my view it depends on locality .. In south delhi people rarely do this and if do then that's also till 11 max even marriages coz people file complaint but in this Karol bagh area people are so fun loving that on any little occasion their speakers and mikes come out... U won't believe they do karaoke on mike and even tell cheap jokes on mike... In other parts of delhi this is rarely a problem ..literacy level has a lot to do with it
    all i need is You Lord
This discussion has been closed.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog