We are hiring!

Discrimination in Interview

Guys I have one doubt.
I'm from rural background and my father is a farmer.
Am I in disadvantage because of rural background.
Will I be discriminated in interview.

Comments

• Guys I have one doubt.
    Not even a tiniest bit. Infact it can be to your advantage. Prepare well. All the best.
    My sun sets to rise again!
  • im also in same boat.
    bt dont worry ,
    yeh sab wakbaas hai..
    concentrate in ur preparation.
    all the best
    चन्द्रगुप्त :
    किस्मत पहले ही लिखी जा चुकी है,
    तो कोशिश करने से क्या मिलेगा ?
    चाणक्य :
    क्या पता किस्मत में ही लिखा हो
    कि कोशिश से ही मिलेगा !!
  • Guys I have one doubt.
    No @gwthmnr - they might actually appreciate you knowing all about grassroot level rural problem and your zeal to appear for the exam.

GoodLuck! :)

I want to put a ding in the universe.
    AIR 146
  • Guys I have one doubt.
    No. Not one bit.

• never ever think like that ! it could backfire man ! treat yourself as king size and take your interview honestly without any hesitation ! indeed , i should say you are at far advantage than a urban kid ; you know social realities better , poverty better , governance issues ,mnrega reality ,child marriage ,pds system ,agriculture reality, education etc !
    you would be awarded for your originality !
    one fellow(constable ) in Cpf interview ,awarded 165/200 (earlier pattern ). he had same humble background ,gave straight forward interview and got through ! he is now AC in BSF .
    There are many more example when highly educated people with tonnes of degrees and experienced awarded very very poor marks ; omprakash 2012 IAS ,got 126 /300 in his 1st attempt ,fellow virtually have topped every commerce exam in india
    Roman saini ,rachit raj ,sahil gupta and many more etc( below 150's)
    from where do you belong doesnt matter UPSC at all . what matters who you are ; liar/honest , coward/courageous , follower/ creator ,pessimistic /optimistic etc . Back round doesnt come in pic at all !
    all the best !

correct me ,if i am wrong ! i would be happy to accept my mistakes !
  • what about giving interview in a regional language other than hindi?do they descriminate?plz provide with any past experience.thanx.
  • just be honest..they would love to listen u n in fact u ll be appreciated...atb
  • Guys I have one doubt.

One of my friend belongs to the same background. His father is a farmer and hails from a very remote village in Bihar. In 2012 he become IRS. IN 2013 IPS and hopefully this year IAS.
    Valar Morghulis
  • @all please help me out.
  • what about giving interview in a regional language other than hindi?do they descriminate?plz provide with any past experience.thanx.
    Why do upsc discriminate you or any1 , just because you speak your mother tongue . While, there are some challenges ; they might not get your ideas directly cause of interpreter between you and board . So , the kind of persona you could have shown with your words might be lacking . In addition , it is expected that you should know at least one language other than your mother tongue , given the service's deemand . But still , i am sure you wouldn't be discriminated until you abuse them .
    Be positive man !! Everyone is waiting you to get through. Obviously, you didn't take this exam to be discriminated by UPSC .have xl size faith in yourself !!
    Jai hind !
    correct me ,if i am wrong ! i would be happy to accept my mistakes !
  • @jonitdeta Vishwas Nagare Patil, a famous ips of maharashtra gave interview in regional language. His speech is there on YouTube. He was also very poor in English at that time (1996 batch). The thing he did was he learnt by heart or rattofied expected question's from his daf in English. For e.g like his age was some 23 or 24 at that time & So the chairman asked him ' Vishwas you are 23 years age, What were you doing all these years after graduation? He said 'Sir I was preparing for competitive exams all these years'. This he said too fast & that too in English. The chairman surprised said to him ' Arey Vishwas you speak very good English. In the speech he said that he was expecting that question & so had rattofied the answer. Later there were some unexpected questions based on his optional and daf which he answered in marathi. One being a member asked him a question on his marathi literature optional that why was ghashiram kotwal criticised by society? Answer was 'he was a womaniser'. But Vishwas sir didn't knew the English word 'womaniser'. So He told the marathi word for it that is 'Stri Lampat'. The member didn't get it , but the translator there told the member that it is 'womaniser'.

So you can just prepare expected question's In English. Out of range questions can be tackled by using regional language. Finally it will give an impression to the board that at least you are trying and willing to learn English. That's it, Best Of Luck.
    "God is great"
  • Hmm everyone is speaking from experience I see. ;;)
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly