We are hiring!

Service Preferences- SSC CGL

edited March 2015 in SSC
Hi Guys,

I'm sure many on this forum will be caught up in the results of CGL 2013; so pardon me if I sound uninformed or naive. Veterans who've been through the process- kindly help clarify whether its possible to change / amend the service preferences after Tier-2 is over - prior to the interview stage?

Here's where I am coming from: I've filled certain preferences in haste and filled mere 5/6 services (all Assistant posts under Ministries- A to F; that is all!) ; I've cleared Tier-1 and awaiting the Tier-2 which if all goes well- should take place on April 12th.

Standing now- I really wish if there's a possibility or a process through which I can add some more preferences to the list? If given a chance- I'd stick to Interview posts only but fill other Assistant, Auditors, Accountants profiles too.

Please help with your experience; tried calling the regional office but no-one picks up the phone!

Comments

• Hi Guys,

I'm sure many on this forum will be caught up in the results of CGL 2013; so pardon me if I sound uninformed or naive. Veterans who've been through the process- kindly help clarify whether its possible to change / amend the service preferences after Tier-2 is over - prior to the interview stage?

Here's where I am coming from: I've filled certain preferences in haste and filled mere 5/6 services (all Assistant posts under Ministries- A to F; that is all!) ; I've cleared Tier-1 and awaiting the Tier-2 which if all goes well- should take place on April 12th.

Standing now- I really wish if there's a possibility or a process through which I can add some more preferences to the list? If given a chance- I'd stick to Interview posts only but fill other Assistant, Auditors, Accountants profiles too.

Please help with your experience; tried calling the regional office but no-one picks up the phone!
    Bhai after you score well above cuttof in tier1+tier2 then u'll be asked for document verification... separately for interview n non-interview posts... but as u have not filled non interview posts then you wont be called for non interview doc vefication but willl be called only for interview posts doc verification.. i think forget about non interview posts this year but yes you can change and add preferences at the time of verification but within interview posts only... @amargupta
    The Biggest room in this world is the room for IMPROVEMENT
  • I belong to 2008 SSC batch, they used to take service prefernce finally at d time of interview back then.
  • I belong to 2008 SSC batch, they used to take service prefernce finally at d time of interview back then.
    Hamara iss baar 2013 main aise hua hai...
  • @ktg Thank you for your quick response.

What you are saying takes off the anxiety, but I'd like to paraphrase what @NapoleonBro_naparte1 said about amending Service preference list at the time of Interview being a one-time affair.

Can you offer a clarity on this? Whether a one-time affair or always happens?
  • @ktg Thank you for your quick response.

What you are saying takes off the anxiety, but I'd like to paraphrase what @NapoleonBro_naparte1 said about amending Service preference list at the time of Interview being a one-time affair.

Yaar keh toh raha hoon humein iss baar chance mila tha aur aage bhi milegahi... 2 pages comes for document verification.. 1.Verification invitation 2.Preference refilling form... baaki enjoy karo no tensions...
  • edited March 2015
    @ktg Thank you for your quick response.

@amargupta This has been the usual tradition of ssc to re confirm the post preference at the date of your interview along with your document verification, I too changed my post preference at my interview day and got my desired post
  • @ktg

1. Have marks for cgl 2014 t1 been disclosed ?
    2. When are the admit cards dispatched for t2 - cgl 2014 ?

Thanks in advance.
    Mostly admit cards are uploaded 10 days prior to tier2 so we can expect by 1st or 2nd april.... yes i also searched a lot of websites n toggle too many pages but couldnt find marks....
  • @ktg/ @AlfredWegner - would you know whether notification for CGL 2015 is out? As per Mrunal- Tier-1 for 2015 is 125 days from today (6th April 2015).
  • @ktg/ @AlfredWegner - would you know whether notification for CGL 2015 is out? As per Mrunal- Tier-1 for 2015 is 125 days from today (6th April 2015).
    Nobody knows about the date but no problem as age on 2.1.2015 will be counted... yaar sach main i dont know personally...
  • THERE HAS BEEN SOME CHANGES TO SSC CALANDER
    Combined Graduate Level (Tier-I) Examination- 2015
    Notification : 02.05.2015
    Date of exam :
    09.08.2015 (Sunday) &
    16.08.2015 (Sunday)
    TAX ASSISTANT IN CUSTOMS (CGLE 2014)
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly