Current Affairs Revision Classes + Answer Writing For Mains 2019 
the one class you can bank upon to ace Mains 2019
Don't just believe what we say, your first class is on us. Attend by registering HERE
STARTS 24th June | 5 PM

Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Dot commenting thread

This thread is for people who just like to comment a dot. Yes just one or a few dots. I have a sincere request to them that please do not bump a useful thread. Instead, please vent your frustration here. Just comment a [.] if you are really in need.

Mods: I am fed up of opening a thread seeing that it has a "new" comment only to find that it has a [.] . Happened quite a few times today.
To be, or not to be, that is the question...

Comments

• When people comment something, which they regret later on. They edit whole comment and replace it with a dot. Nobody posts dot comment intentionally AFAIK .
    History Optional
    "Let the fear find you again "
  • Hahahahaha...

DOT = Department of Telecommunication...

And there are many other meaning of DOT also .......like DOTs.
  • When people comment something, which they regret later on. They edit whole comment and replace it with a dot. Nobody posts dot comment intentionally AFAIK .
    Thank god!! I thought that some people have the obsession of putting a dot.

:-B
    The last earthly sojourn....therefore i accept every suffering with a big heart

• A dot or a point is a circle of zero radius >:)

• edited December 2014
    we better have a convention of replacing a deleted comment with something like [Deleted] or [removed] or [snipped] etc.

Dot is a bit irritating :)
  • edited December 2014
    may be people replace it with a [.] thinking that Dot = "Deleted Or Trimmed" :P :D
  • I think this dot thread will be closed very soon.

• They are keeping that 2014 pre thread alive.. as a reminder. Skip tht..
    There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.
    Kyon??
  • edited December 2014
    @DayDreamer
    Bhai people don't put "dot" bcuz they are sadist or want to frustate others.

I am one of the most frequent user of "dot" because of following reasons-

1. There is no other simpler way to reach to latest comment in mobile version. [and admins are so "kacche ghare" (raw earthen pot), they dont provide remedy either; @admin bhai, desh kaise sudharoge (plz feel free to ban me for this comment)].

2. That 6 minute window prompts me to delete my comment often.

3. "dot" is the lower-rightmost button on Android.

If you feel frustrated, We "dot" users can replace it with @ & # € ¥ ¤ ©, your wish.

@Mod- Do something before you see a Civil War here. (Lol, we already are fighting a war for Civils).
    Hoshwalon Ko Khabar Kya Bekhudi Kya Cheez Hai
    Mmm Mm Mm... Laa Laa Laa Laaaa...
  • @Gulfam_Hasan
    No no, we're not going to have any war here... I see the utility of dot for mobile user now. Please go ahead. :)
  • edited December 2014
    . is very useful for mobile users. I also use a lot, but being a moderator, I can delete my comment after reaching the end of the page which @Gulfam_Hasan and others cannot do. I try to delete a few dots of others as well.

@root @Neyawn

Do make a provision to navigate to the last post in mobile platform.
    Mankind was corrupt from the time of Adam & eve, why complain now :) || कांथर हुनु भन्दा मर्नु राम्रो || वीर भोग्या वसुंधरा
  • . means fullstop
    back to Square 1
  • Be ready to get an essay topic '.' in this year's mains paper :D Don't confuse it with a misprint :P
    I think this dot thread will be closed very soon.
    Kyon??
    INTUITION

• @DayDreamer
    Bhai people don't put "dot" bcuz they are sadist or want to frustate others.

I am one of the most frequent user of "dot" because of following reasons-

1. There is no other simpler way to reach to latest comment in mobile version. [and admins are so "kacche ghare" (raw earthen pot), they dont provide remedy either; @admin bhai, desh kaise sudharoge (plz feel free to ban me for this comment)].

2. That 6 minute window prompts me to delete my comment often.

3. "dot" is the lower-rightmost button on Android.

If you feel frustrated, We "dot" users can replace it with @ & # € ¥ ¤ ©, your wish.

@Mod- Do something before you see a Civil War here. (Lol, we already are fighting a war for Civils).
    =D> :-))

Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    "God is great"
  • dot
    what's in a username?
    Interview 2015 | Public Administration
  • Lets add a few dashes and communicate in Morse Code

• How many species of Reddy exist ?

why dont mods just lock all the reddies in a single thread so that others can leave in peace :P
    what's in a username?

why dont mods just lock all the reddies in a single thread so that others can leave in peace :P
    Live you mean. Mujhe laga mere aate hi gas ho jaata hai tum ko.

Live you mean. Mujhe laga mere aate hi gas ho jaata hai tum ko.

embarrassing ..

:\">
    what's in a username?

for all dot lovers....count the number of dots... :P
    Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
  • edited December 2014
    Its , 190307 dots .. Any one can check it .. ;)
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • edited December 2014

for all dot lovers....count the number of dots... :P
    just a black painted circle with mutually intersecting curved lines.

what's in a username?
  • (-_-)
    Simplicity is the real beauty ..
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly