ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

[The Hindu] Govt asks political parties to give their views on UPSC’s CSAT pattern

edited November 2014 in Current Affairs
Govt asks political parties to give their views on UPSC’s Civil Services Aptitude Test pattern within two weeks.

Ab ye log Exam pattern bhi decide karenge :D
To be, or not to be, that is the question...

Comments

• Ignore them buddy :) ..
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • Here we go again. @-)
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • Good that a time limit has been given and chaos has started at an early date. :D
    To be, or not to be, that is the question...
  • edited November 2014
    If someone is in the vicinity, go there and give them a piece of your mind (whether they let you in or not) :

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-andhrapradesh/the-hindutime-civil-services-seminar-today/article6626432.ece

TH might actually cover it.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • Ignore kar ,Ignore kar.
    The fault , dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings .
  • This news is making rounds on various FB groups. If it happen i will be doomed.Just heard the BIG news. Parties/MPs
    representing Bihar, Jharkhand and
    UP (including the BJP) are of the
    view to scrap CSAT altogether.
    Parties from South Indian states
    wants it to be language neutral (read
    without English comprehension of
    any type. Conclusion- The paper will
    be "General studies" oriented. It has
    been decided that within 2 weeks all
    parties will give their suggestion in
    writing (just a formality) and the
    parliament will accept the
    suggestions. The new Chairperson of
    the UPSC will be happy to implement
    the changes.
    Few MPs has raised the issue of "Age
    limit". The Government assures them
    that there will be No Changes in
    present age limit i.e 30+2=32.
    The bottom-line: Preliminary
    examination pattern will change for
    sure.
    We need to wait for 2 weeks for
    further clarity.
    # PakkiKhabar
  • edited November 2014
    Ignore kar ,Ignore kar.
    +1

@Mains 2014 crowd : Clearing mains and reaching interview means that you would have learnt enough GS to ace any GS-only Prelims.

@Prelims 2015 crowd : Ample time to work hard on GS.
    +1

@Mains 2014 crowd : Clearing mains and reaching interview means that you would have learnt enough GS to ace any GS-only Prelims.

True
  • edited November 2014
    @arindamsarkar .... I always enjoy agreeing to your well thought of contentions... However, this time I would beg to differ by an inch... Clearing Mains and reaching Interviews does not necessarily make some one an ace of a "All GS pattern". Would you agree that such views might actually breed "Complacency"?... I know someone (I meet him every morning and he is with me till I go to sleep) who could not clear prelims even after being "There".. And GS still manages to give him goosebumps, simply by the enormity of scope... But Yes! There is an advantage, that I shall agree.. Hope it leads to a more level playing field..Personally, I shall love it :) , though it would not set my mind free

Hows prep by the way?
    When a dream dies, a new hope is born. What seems like an end is probably another beginning!

• Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu informed the leaders that they will be circulated a detailed note in the matter in three days and suggested that may furnish their views in two weeks on the following five issues:

1.On continuation of English Language Comprehension Skills in Paper – II

2. Reduced weightage of analytical component

3. To make Paper-II qualifying

4.Revert back to Optional Paper

5. Any other alternative
    CSM-2014
    CSM-2015
  • I watched this news on india TV now.
  • 1 + 3 is most the most probable solution.

Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu informed the leaders that they will be circulated a detailed note in the matter in three days and suggested that may furnish their views in two weeks on the following five issues:

5. Any other alternative
  • I think the following link will provide the actual information from pbi
    http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=111703

Better atleast they are asking now only to decide than during summer session of parliament to create further confusion...
  • edited November 2014
    Ab ye kya naya drama hain is government ka ~X( ~X( srey kuch bhi karlo noone can stop techies from prospering lage raho dramebaaz :D
  • Atleast govt is responsive enough to the matter...
    आ नो भद्राः क्रतवो यन्तु विश्वतः
  • edited November 2014

Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu informed the leaders that they will be circulated a detailed note in the matter in three days and suggested that may furnish their views in two weeks on the following five issues:

5. Any other alternative
    My (unwarranted) opinions:

Remove them, because the translation which is acceptable and available to all in all languages (including klingon) is extremely impractical. Just keep it limited to Xth level (actually IVth level) english paras.

Yes, because it forces some people to use the parts of their brains, which either don't exist or have atrophied due to their disuse, which is grossly unfair.

Yes, and make sure to set qualifying marks at an absurdly low level, a level which can be attained just through the skills involving addition and subtraction (multiplication and division are too tricky).

No, it gave people of technical backgrounds undue advantage just like the Paper II does, because their technical papers allow them to LOGICALLY deduce the answer even when they haven't READ it somewhere before ! How ridiculous !!

5. Any other alternative

Lottery system, the most fair system of all. Takes into account not only the differences in backgrounds but also the differences in abilities.

Down with logic ! Down with Paper II !!!
    कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन।
    मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भूर्मा ते सङ्गोऽस्त्वकर्मणि॥
  • edited November 2014
    Parties recommended that now upsc will be UNDER PREVILAGED SEVA COMMISSION
    No exams no competetion all iits n iims and english medium students are permanently disqualified >:)
  • kuch bhi kar lo par engineers ko rok nahi sakta koi.
  • Here we go again. @-)
    Be careful guys.....they are going to make fool of us again. Many candidates could not clear prelims this time because of their indecisiveness and dilly-dallying approach....
  • edited November 2014
    My suggestion would be to not waste time on speculation.Rather, as and when a change happens, we can discuss ways and strategies to tackle it.

UPSC doesn't takes recommendations from forumias and speculating here endlessly is not going to help anyone of us either.

If all agree, then i can close this thread and reopen once any change is introduced by the UPSC.
    The fault , dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings .
    +1

Won't agree on the 1st one mate as I had cleared mains last tym but still I feel horrible in GS esp when it comes to prelims it sure makes me feel me nervous
    Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax)
  • edited November 2014
    Chalo ham bhi banate he csat bachao manch we need one daadi wale phataka leadee baba anybody intrested :P
  • Press Information Bureau
    Government of India
    Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
    23-November-2014 19:57 IST
    Government convenes all Party meet on CSAT exam issue
    Parties to submit their views on five issues in two weeks
    Parties appreciate government’s approach on the sensitive issue

The Government today discussed the issues concerning the Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) with leaders of various parties in both the Houses of Parliament. The meeting was convened by the Parliamentary Affairs Minister Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu in pursuance of the assurance given by the Government during the last Budget session of Parliament. Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh and Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitely, Minister of State in PMO Dr.Jitendra Singh, Ministers of State for Parliamentary Affairs –Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy and Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi besides leaders of 26 parties represented in both the Houses of Parliament.

Shri Rajnath Singh and Shri Venkaiah Naidu said that the CSAT issue is a sensitive one and the Government would like to have the benefit of considered views of all parties.

A detailed presentation was made by Secretary (DoPT) on the origin and evolution of the civil services examination over the years being conducted every year by the Union Public Services Commission. Dr.Jitendra Singh sought the views of different parties on five proposals. This followed expression of views by leaders of various parties, who said they need to consult their party colleagues in the sensitive matter.

5. Any other alternative.

Several leader complimented the Government for its approach in the sensitive matter.

AAR
  • In 2 weeks when a decision is taken, this thread will be re-opened.Till then please concentrate on your studies and preparation.
    :)>-
  • close this thread plz
This discussion has been closed.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly