Vice-Admiral Verma moves Tribunal Judges’ panel to hear charges against CJI India may send NIA team to assist in probe India may stop oil imports from Iran Price controls hurting FDI in medical devices sector
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims From 2011-18 | Read Here→

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Negative aspects of studying in library.

Guys I have been studying in library since last year. Now I feel like becoming a machine following the same routine every day. Also due to monotonicity I could not enjoy the learning . Though reading at room is slow but learning is more enjoyable and boost my confidence. Is there anyone who is facing the same situation?
Executive officer MHA

Comments

• edited March 26
    study 3 days at home, 4 days at library, can help in breaking monotonous routine.
  • study 3 days at home, 4 days at library, can help in breaking monotonous routine.

:+1:
  • spartan1 said:

Guys I have been studying in library since last year. Now I feel like becoming a machine following the same routine every day. Also due to monotonicity I could not enjoy the learning . Though reading at room is slow but learning is more enjoyable and boost my confidence. Is there anyone who is facing the same situation?

i have been feeling the same. it has almost become involuntary to get up pack bags and leave for library. Some days i love it. Other days when i cant concentrate i hate being in the library. But i persist in the strive to stick to my timetable. Now it has come to a point that even if i am not enjoying studying at library, i just sit and try to read.
    It has killed the fun and excitement of learning.
  • study 3 days at home, 4 days at library, can help in breaking monotonous routine.

this can be counter productive sometimes. One tends to postpone tasks to library allotted time and end up wasting time at home.
    But if one is able to follow this, then productivity in the library increases many fold.
  • I have read in both home and library.
    I believe Home is best place if you have single room and exam is near.
  • @spartan1 Friend, make sure that you put an end to this very fast.
    This is beginning of a slippery road which aggravates pressure before Prelims and kicks us out. I am not demoralizing you, but decide one and stick to it.
    Your only goal should be completing your daily target. So make yourself so busy that you dont have time to think about anything else but the target.
    Tc. Atb!
  • edited March 27
    Bhai. I doesn't matter now, does it? Prelims is here and you've anyway got to solve those test papers somewhere, and that is a mechanical job anyway, they start repeating after you've seen 10 tests. Try it out after pre, you'll be less stressed out too.
    Prelims 2, Mains 2 Sociology
    Happy to help.
  • edited March 28
    Wherever you're studying, take a half day break from upsc every week. Try to schedule it so you don't feel guilty.

Works for me
    2017,2018 : P+M.
    Anthropology
  • It is important to take short breaks for relaxation. When I used to study in my college library, after every 3-4 hours I used to go down for a walk, play table tennis, interact with people etc. After that I was all set to resume studies, I think these activities are very important else you will feel quite monotonous which may affect your concentration levels while studying.
  • Thank you all for your suggestions. I am studying at room only and it's working well for me.
    Executive officer MHA
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google