All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
on 22nd May, 2019 CLICK HERE to know more and apply
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

UPPCS vs Medical PG

I have exhausted all my attempts for UPSC Civil Services. Now I am left with the options of preparing for UPPCS or pursuing Medical PG. I have given UPPCS Pre 2018, getting 96 questions correct after negative marking. I have also given NEET PG and will get clinical seat from Deemed Universities.. My dad is forcing me to take admission in pg in some pvt medical college and then pursue my career as a doctor. But somewhere in me a zeal for administrative job is still alive..
What should I do? Should I preapre for UPPCS mains a last time or join PG in a pvt medical college?
Medico...target ias
Prelims 6, Mains 6,Interview 0
A failed aspirant..

Comments

• Join pg... Side by side pcs...

Dont worry... You will shine always. My best wishes.
    IPS in making
  • First of, remove 'A failed aspirant' from your signature. No one is a failed aspirant.
    Dr. Kalam and Amitabh Bachchan were failed Indian Army aspirants. Arvind Subramaniam was a failed IAS aspirant. The list goes on...

In my opinion, you should join PG in medical college and direct your efforts towards being a good doc. Believe me when I say that a 'good' doc is much more successful, renowned and relevant than even an IAS. Stress on 'GOOD', of course.
    2013, 2014 - Mains*
    2015 - Interview*
    2016 - IRS (C&CE)
    2017 - IPS
    2018 - Prelims, Mains, Personality Test*
  • First of, remove 'A failed aspirant' from your signature. No one is a failed aspirant.
    Dr. Kalam and Amitabh Bachchan were failed Indian Army aspirants. Arvind Subramaniam was a failed IAS aspirant. The list goes on...

In my opinion, you should join PG in medical college and direct your efforts towards being a good doc. Believe me when I say that a 'good' doc is much more successful, renowned and relevant than even an IAS. Stress on 'GOOD', of course.

sir I luv your attitude <3 plz do a writeup on how you reached such a level of badassery :blush:

+1.
  • edited February 18
    In my opinion do whatever, but do it fully.
    Either go for pcs with full zeal or for pg with a happy soul.

PSIR
  • I have exhausted all my attempts for UPSC Civil Services. Now I am left with the options of preparing for UPPCS or pursuing Medical PG. I have given UPPCS Pre 2018, getting 96 questions correct after negative marking. I have also given NEET PG and will get clinical seat from Deemed Universities.. My dad is forcing me to take admission in pg in some pvt medical college and then pursue my career as a doctor. But somewhere in me a zeal for administrative job is still alive..
    What should I do? Should I preapre for UPPCS mains a last time or join PG in a pvt medical college?

Although m not from medico background what I know is pg from private medical college is not a good idea (ofcourse you know better). And uppsc pre to 100% clear ho jayega itne me. So decision upto you. N change your signature as Jack dawson suggest
    I tried so hard and got so far
    But in the end it doesn't even matter
    I had to fall to lose it all
    But in the end it doesn't even matter
  • Thank you all for your suggestions. @jack_dawson I will certainly change the signature someday, but not now, it's a reminder to work hard..
    Medico...target ias
    Prelims 6, Mains 6,Interview 0
    A failed aspirant..
  • Bhai i dont think medicos should go for state services. Recently a medico was even scolded at bpsc interviews as to why he even applied for bpsc. A clinical pg seat is worth more than even some allied services.
  • Hi iam also medico almost in same situation. Still have some attempts left. I guess your decision should depend how strong are the chances that you clear uppsc. If you are confident of clearing it and results coming soon not getting delayed , you can give a try if you are passionate about administrative services. But it is always a safe bet to join some clinical p.g since you already cleared neet p.g. Having said all this, there is strong talk that upsc might consider giving compensatory attempt for 2019. We will get to know about this in tomorrow's notification . In conclusion i think until and unless you have a strong desire to be in administration services joining clinic p.g would be most optional and secure thing to do. Good luck
  • Go for pg.....And prepare along side by side....Jab tak final selection hoga pg complete ho jayegi
  • Hii friends,

I am in a state of confusion whether prepare for state pcs or upsc
    i am now 30 and i have 4 attempts left in upsc. Appeared mains 3 times and one interview .This year also appeared for mains.Also i am getting married in march 1st week. Now confusion is there whether to appear for state PCS or upsc. i am working in a central Maharatna.
    My point is preparing for upsc while in job,but family insist to appear state PCS.I have cleared prelims of state pcs.
    But as the mains exam of stste PCS coincides with Upsc prelims ,so taking leave is a herculean task.
    so please guide what should be the way out

1)UPSC--already done everything except CA and writing--i have concise notes
    2)state PCS--comparatively easy+ need to do one more optional+regional language
    3)UPSC+State PCS--->difficult to do both

every advice will be helpful
    please guide
  • crazyfrog said:

Hii friends,

i am now 30 and i have 4 attempts left in upsc. Appeared mains 3 times and one interview .This year also appeared for mains.Also i am getting married in march 1st week. Now confusion is there whether to appear for state PCS or upsc. i am working in a central Maharatna.
    My point is preparing for upsc while in job,but family insist to appear state PCS.I have cleared prelims of state pcs.
    But as the mains exam of stste PCS coincides with Upsc prelims ,so taking leave is a herculean task.

please guide

In my opinion , you are already working in a maharatna , why do you want to go for state pcs , where the salary and perks are not comparable to a maharatna company . Go for upsc , give your best shots for next couple of attempts and if you are not able to qualify , then you are already in a very good job .
  • Go for pg
  • I have a different perspective than others..
    If you live in metro and plan to settle there, then you might think twice before opting for private pg seat...if u plan to live in tier 2,3 cities than you can go for it...( Saturation of docs in metros, and you will spend alot of years to recover your fees)..

Since last couple of months, i have been to no. of so called good doctors (infact money guzzlers ), and none of them are good human being ( except one)... So if you think of practicing, you can think of something like social enterprise, NGO, or something like that, in metros... I think you will enough for your self and also your spirit of service will remain alive..also people will get nice human beings as docs...

Also u can give neet pg next year again , and try getting into gov hospital, and focus on uppsc this year...
    allez...allez...allezzz...allez...!!

• crazyfrog said:

Hii friends,

please guide

If you are working in oil maharatna psu then dont go for state psc exams. But in case u are working in sail, coal india, then state pcs is better.

But given u have 4 attempts left in upsc, upsc should be first priority even if it hampers state pcs chances now. Any central services through upsc is better than psu and state pcs jobs.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google