Near-normal monsoon may boost foodgrain production Finance Ministry brings in changes in e-way bill system to check GST evasion Engineers at IIT Bombay develop AJIT; microprocessor ‘Made in India’ India develops first indigenous vaccine to treat bloody dysentery Rana Dasgupta bags 2019 Tagore Literary Prize
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims From 2011-18 | Read Here→

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

Monthly Tutorial Writing Contest - How can you help others?

Dear Friends,

We are inviting detailed write ups on the following Topics from Participants in a tutorial format.

Here are the Topics

1) How to use Evernote / One Note to organise your notes?
2) How to prepare Indian Polity/Any Subject for Prelims Examination
3) How to choose your optional subject for Civil Services Examination 2019?
4) Any Tutorial or write up of your choice.

All such articles should be mailed to ravi@forumias.com

Tutorials published will be given Amazon Vouchers worth 1000,2000 and 3000 depending on the level of research undertaken by the candidate.

Comments

• Great initiative
    HUSTLE
  • 1. Use Evernote/one note for taking notes from coaching institutes like IAS4sure.....rest you can make your own notes on A4 size paper
    2. Lakshmikant
    3. Based on previous year performance of that subject + coaching available aur interest Apne app ban jaayegaa. Point is previous year means not just 2017 but average of at least 5-6 years
  • ForumIAS said:

Dear Friends,

We are inviting detailed write ups on the following Topics from Participants in a tutorial format.

Here are the Topics

Tutorials published will be given Amazon Vouchers worth 1000,2000 and 3000 depending on the level of research undertaken by the candidate.

Great initiative.
    Raat ko likhunga
    PSIR
  • ForumIAS said:

Dear Friends,

Here are the Topics

1- First,we need to understand the importance of notes. Why we need notes? I see a lot people making notes without knowing why.

Believe me or not, upsc is all about feeling the content. I am not able to express, what I mean from feeling.

We can answer any question related to our life because we have content inside. Example -- we can easily easily write this question.

Q-What improvements you could have made in your first date?
    We have lived the content .

Similarly, we need to live the big syllabus of upsc.(big because, our districts are big.)

Now, when we accidently come across the same first date place, the experience starts running in your body.

Notes is pretty much same. Since we have not really lived the syllabus, we need more frequent accidents. That's notes.

But, notes should not replace your real deep inside content. For example -- I can recall whole Indo pak issue with a glimpse of a small map diagram. It sole purpose is to refresh your deep content, which u have lived.

Now, evernote -- it makes your task easy to organize your weapons for accidents. Easy to delete or add. That's it.
    PSIR
  • edited January 24

ForumIAS said:

Dear Friends,

Here are the Topics

1- First,we need to understand the importance of notes. Why we need notes? I see a lot people making notes without knowing why.

Believe me or not, upsc is all about feeling the content. I am not able to express, what I mean from feeling.

We can answer any question related to our life because we have content inside. Example -- we can easily easily write this question.

Similarly, we need to live the big syllabus of upsc.(big because, our districts are big.)

Now, when we accidently come across the same first date place, the experience starts running in your body.

Notes is pretty much same. Since we have not really lived the syllabus, we need more frequent accidents. That's notes.

But, notes should not replace your real deep inside content. For example -- I can recall whole Indo pak issue with a glimpse of a small map diagram. It sole purpose is to refresh your deep content, which u have lived.

Now, evernote -- it makes your task easy to organize your weapons for accidents. Easy to delete or add. That's it.
    I think organising your notes in Evernote is a big challenge. I learned it from @ kabira here.
    This would not be a valid Tutorial in itself.

For example, organising the notes, how do you ensure that some notebooks are on the top, numbering notes beginning with 0 1, 2 .. there is a lot of leaning even with evernote.

You will end up wasting time with evernote / any technology as long as you do not master it fully.

Just attaching a screenshot

All_Notes_and_Applications.png
    1388 x 683 - 325K
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • Neyawn said:

ForumIAS said:

Dear Friends,

Here are the Topics

I think organising your notes in Evernote is a big challenge. I learned it from @ kabira here.

For example, organising the notes, how do you ensure that some notebooks are on the top, numbering notes beginning with 0 1, 2 .. there is a lot of leaning even with evernote.

You will end up wasting time with evernote / any technology as long as you do not master it fully.

True :mrgreen: . I don't know how to ensure numbering of notes.Thats why I don't prefer online notes.

Is it worth mastering evernote ?
    PSIR
  • _k__k_
    edited January 24
    cutty sark

• Neyawn said:

ForumIAS said:

Dear Friends,

Here are the Topics

True :mrgreen: . I don't know how to ensure numbering of notes.Thats why I don't prefer online notes.

I was struggling with this.. whenever you create new note,, it comes on top!! and which notes you want on top wont stay there...neyawn sir brilliant trick..

I just tested it..u just number the notes like 1,2,3,4 like sir has done!

OMG, i was switching between one note and evernote and my copy just because of this problem.. you just solved it!!!!
    Do not inbox meh |
  • AHatley said:

Neyawn said:

ForumIAS said:

Dear Friends,

Here are the Topics

I was struggling with this.. whenever you create new note,, it comes on top!! and which notes you want on top wont stay there...neyawn sir brilliant trick..

OMG, i was switching between one note and evernote and my copy just because of this problem.. you just solved it!!!!
    I also learned it from someone, pass on the good things :)
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
  • edited January 24
    Neyawn said:

AHatley said:

Neyawn said:

ForumIAS said:

Dear Friends,

Here are the Topics

Thanks
  • Neyawn said:

AHatley said:

Neyawn said:

ForumIAS said:

Dear Friends,

Here are the Topics

PSIR
  • HOPE THIS HELPS ---

image.png
    373 x 592 - 36K

• ALWAYS KEEP TWO EVERNOTE --- ONE WILL FORM THE CORE ONE OTHER WILL BE THE SIMPLIFIED VERSION--WHICH WILL HAVE FINAL NOTES WHICH U WILL REVISE ---

• Capture.PNG
    353 x 581 - 29K
  • ForumIAS said:

if @Neyawn is posting here then we are out of this competition.
  • Evernote tip: enable google chrome extension (evernote web clipper),
    if you search any topic on google, it will show the relevant notes from your evernote on the margins. It is quite helpful during current affairs research.
  • edited January 25
    @Neyawn This is the thread which gives a feeling of old forumias.

P. S-I am yet to give first prelims, but following forum since very long :mrgreen:
    PSIR
  • @Neyawn This is the thread which gives a feeling of old forumias.

P. S-I am yet to give first prelims, but following forum since very long :mrgreen:

Your story is worth knowing :)
  • Reyaz said:

Evernote tip: enable google chrome extension (evernote web clipper),
    if you search any topic on google, it will show the relevant notes from your evernote on the margins. It is quite helpful during current affairs research.

Adding a screenshot

EVR.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 242K
    EVR.jpg 241.7K
  • Neyawn said:

1996 born. Passed 12th in 2014..but luck was having something else for me. I will be graduating in 2020 :) (That's another worth knowing story) .

Following forumias since 2014(Mentioned by crazyphoton in a interview).

Used to read comments of all star members like bibble.

Used to write answers on TLP after 2015 results (hype create hua tha 2015 results ke baad answer writing ka).

I have read all articles by you since 2015.

Forum has given me, whatever I have today :).

Hope, I can thank forum one day in public :).i don't have degree till 2020... Let's hope one day :)

P. S--i am from same shekhpura (doctors place in your case study :mrgreen: )
    PSIR
  • Neyawn said:

1996 born. Passed 12th in 2014..but luck was having something else for me. I will be graduating in 2020 :) (That's another worth knowing story) .

Used to write answers on TLP after 2015 results (hype create hua tha 2015 results ke baad answer writing ka).

Hope, I can thank forum one day in public :).i don't have degree till 2020... Let's hope one day :)

N yes. Thank you @nandini mam.She used to guide me like her younger brother..
    Mam thankx
    PSIR
  • Neyawn said:

waiting :)
  • ForumIAS said:

Dear Friends,

Here are the Topics

this will be very useful !!
  • Thanks ForumIAS, hoping this initiative will clear some of the major doubts. It would be really helpful if anyone could share how they use Evernote for making and organizing notes on a daily basis. Also, how can people use initiatives like the 9pm brief or Insights Daily Current Affairs and combine it with one's own notes. Lastly, how do people revise stuff. Like how do you plan for completing and revising stuff.
    I know these are very basic doubts but these have been plaguing me for months now and there really isn't anything insightful available on this.
  • Neyawn said:

Mam thankx
    All the best. God bless you
  • edited January 26
    nandini said:

Neyawn said:

Mam thankx
    PSIR
  • nandini said:

Neyawn said:

Mam thankx
    ☺☺
    PSIR
  • edited January 26
    PSIR
  • _k__k_
    edited January 26

• Difference between basic and premium version?

Is it worth to get premium?
    PSIR
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google