Saudi Arabia to host G20 summit in 2020 Nepal launches its first satellite from the USA IT dept. proposes new norms for taxing MNCs Plea in SC on voting rights of undertrials and convicts Officials allow some persons to cast ‘tendered’ votes in T.N.

ForumIAS Academy Student Minal from Delhi University's St. Stephens Secures Rank 35 - First Batch of ForumIAS Foundation Program Click here to download her copies and notes
IMPORTANT: ForumIAS Discuss is now LIVE. You can visit it at discuss.forumias.com

We are hiring!

I have deleted c drive now pc is not going to boot

How can i recover my data please help if anybody know anything?

Comments

• :D :D
    Who deletes C drive??
    And yes it is recoverable...
    a) do a google search
    b) again install windows but don't do a clean install this time.
    c) go to some data recovery professionals. If in Delhi...go to Nehru Place.
    The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.
  • It happened when i try to intall windows and clean c drive and then deleted now it is not installed now
  • edited January 21
    If your data was in some other partition, then while again installing windows it will ask you whether you want to keep the existing data. Do that. Do not perform a clean install. Once the installation is complete, you'll be able to access your data which was in D, E:, F; G; H;,I: J:......drives

If your orifginal data was in stored in C: drive itself, and somehow you formatted that drive, then you have to go to some data recovery professional.
    The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.
  • No no it is not in c drive.. I will download another version of Windows 10 so that it will work I think the windows that I that I try to install is faulty by the way thanks for your kind support
  • edited January 21
    Try BOSS (bharat operating system solutions). It's an Indian flavor of linux from CDAC. I use it. And it's good.

And you can try it on a usb stick as well. Make a bootable usb of BOSS. You would be able to access the data on your hard-drive without installing any operating system.
    Empowered ur ego, enhanced ur desire - u'll die without living.

U need to empower your intelligence, and enhance ur competence. Do something to the best of ur ability, and get fulfillment, joy, life.
  • edited January 21
    Do NOT worry..

all your data (except for applications) can easily come back..

1. reinstall windows
    2. go to the piratebay or any warez site and search for 'Recover My Files '
    3. After installing recover my files, run a full scan of the drive you want to recover data of,it will take 4-5 hrs.

and then you can recover ur .pdfs .jpgs .mp3s and some other files

Prelims -Bohot baar Mains- bohot baar Interview - Kabhi nahi
  • edited January 23
    Make a bootable linux drive (usb)(google on how to do it) , boot from it and recover the data first in a hardisk or something ( i this this will work)
    HUSTLE
  • What in Lord Ayappan's name has happened to Forum ??
    2013, 2014 - Mains*
    2015 - Interview*
    2016 - IRS (C&CE)
    2017 - IPS
    2018 - Prelims, Mains, Personality Test*
  • aaryan... said:

How can i recover my data please help if anybody know anything?

one way can e be....take out hard disk from inside the lapi. then put it in external case(200 rs) . then use it as a pendrive to acess everything. then make backup.
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our IFoS Toppers
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1) | Read His Story
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) | Read Her Story
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) | Watch His Interview
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) | Watch His Interview

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google