Ranklist & Marks ! Offline Test Takers of ForumIAS Simulator Test 0
Click here to view score and results
We are hiring!
Visit http://go.forumias.com/changetheworld to apply now!

What to read from Mint?

Is it Mint Asia or Mint Lounge which people refer to? What to read in it.
Only4U

Comments

• edited November 2018
    Mint is good for economics coverage, especially its editorials. Mints lounge editions are not relevant for UPSC.
  • https://www.livemint.com
    this one . not mint asia or lounge . as mentioned above lounge is not relevant. i think it comes on saturday ? live mint is useful mon-fri. it mostly centers on economy , but sometimes they analyse a policy, scheme etc in depth. so u should selectively focus on edits only and their policy page .
  • knight said:

https://www.livemint.com
    this one . not mint asia or lounge . as mentioned above lounge is not relevant. i think it comes on saturday ? live mint is useful mon-fri. it mostly centers on economy , but sometimes they analyse a policy, scheme etc in depth. so u should selectively focus on edits only and their policy page .

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering what’s MA or ML.
    Nothing wilts faster than laurels that have been rested upon.
  • edited November 2018
    7-9 columns come everyday in mint. Its very difficult to follow regularly if you are reading The Hindu as well. I followed it for a few months and then left it when exams were closer. I have never read it regularly and in my opinion its not mandatory to follow mint. For now, i have been following the hindu and editorials and explained page of IE. But anyway, if one wants to follow mint, one can go through editorials and policy pages(in app). Policy page is good but its too much news to follow.

If one wants to prioritise in editorials, one can read the editorials by Livemint. Its not like hindu or IE wala short editorials. They post around 2 editorials daily.

Baki those who write editorials in mint usually gives more than in depth attention to a topic which isn’t required for us. Iske IR wale editorials theek thak hote hain waise, kyunki ghuste nahin usme jyada.

PS: Don’t follow mint. Just a suggestion.
  • Thanks all!
    Only4U
  • I think best to read editorials of Livemint which are usually classified as "Our View".
    Their editorials are classified as Our View (Newspaper Editorial Board View)
    my view, their view etc. ( I hope you get the whiff.)

This comes Monday to Friday just one editorial every day.
    What I would recommend in my limited knowledge is just to develop the writing style of those editorials. It is a perfectly balanced writing style, unlike other newspapers.

Apart from this, you can skim through pages and see if any relevant content. Every now and then they publish essays (i.e. detailed articles on specific topics) which you can adjudge if they are relevant or not.

Just another pixel in the universe.
  • I think best to read editorials of Livemint which are usually classified as "Our View".
    Their editorials are classified as Our View (Newspaper Editorial Board View)
    my view, their view etc. ( I hope you get the whiff.)

This comes Monday to Friday just one editorial every day.
    What I would recommend in my limited knowledge is just to develop the writing style of those editorials. It is a perfectly balanced writing style, unlike other newspapers.

Apart from this, you can skim through pages and see if any relevant content. Every now and then they publish essays (i.e. detailed articles on specific topics) which you can adjudge if they are relevant or not.

Thank you sir!
    Only4U
  • My view, your view etc. Last two pages of mint are very nice and informative.
    I regularly read these.
    Keep your face to the sunshine, you will never see the shadow.

Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google