MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Usefulness of mains 365

Hey guyz, those who gave mains this year, did they find mains 365 useful ?

Comments

• carali said:

Hey guyz, those who gave mains this year, did they find mains 365 useful ?

• It is useful, but won't replace your own hard work on current affairs. Keep reading the newspaper along with 365/monthly booklets
    2017 : P,M. Far from interview cutoff
    2018 : P,M*
    Anthropology (CSE)
    Botany and Forestry (IFoS)
  • Helped me in polity and IR. For the rest I only covered very prominent topics like data security, EIA, ayushman bharat. Not good for multiple revisions, if you have your own current affairs notes, which I had.
    Prelims 2, Mains 2
    Sociology optional

Happy to help.
  • edited October 10
    It can be good as a source for current affairs to supplement your arguments. But to enhance your analytical skill and your grasp over language you must read any one newspaper.
    P - 3 | M - 3* | I -0
  • focus on your self made notes thru any one newspaper
  • worth one read.
    shud be supplemented with ancillary material.
  • worth one read.

Which ancillary material bro?
  • Pretty meh.
    X
  • Does the content of mains 365 remains more or less the same? I mean are they worth spending time on for mains 2019 prep...?
  • carali said:

worth one read.

Which ancillary material bro?
    insights/gs score/shubhra ranjan mam notes/wikipedia/model ansrs of mocks.
  • edited October 11
    carali said:

Does the content of mains 365 remains more or less the same? I mean are they worth spending time on for mains 2019 prep...?

sir...if u are targeting '19 upsc...u shud scan mains'18 365 as well...need not to dwell into each evry word of it...but having a glance and preparing imp topics wont hurt!!
    # utter personal opinion.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog