MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Need a 'Serious' Aspirant

PN: By serious, I do not mean an Overconfident aspirant who boosts about studying for UPSC.
Hello all!
About Myself;
I wanted to prepare for this exam since my graduation days. I gave my pre in 2017 but couldn't clear due to lack of preparation.
I again gave 2018 with much preparation but couldn't clear. Deep down, I knew I do not deserve to clear this due to my shortcomings. I DID NOT REVISE. I NEGLECTED HINDU. I DIDNT DO SECURE/ANSWER WRITING. I WASTED MUCH TIME.
But, I've overcome the guilt now. I have done a few things correctly. I have read NCERTs. I have gone through standard books once. I am half way through my preparation. I have analyzed my mistakes.
I want to give UPSC in 2019. I wouldn't say that it would be my last attempt. But I would try my best to make it so! With so much investment I do not want to give up. In other words, I am all set to face battle.
I need maximum 1 or 2 person max to create a study group.
I am attaching a file here.

1. The program starts on 12th August. THIS IS NOT ABOUT JOINING SOME COACHING.
I need a dedicated aspirant who would join me in following the mentioned schedule. We would go through all the topics by keeping 1 test behind. The first test is on 12th August. But, we would START this schedule on August 12th and would continue it till next test, On the date of the second test, we would give the first test. I Have access to test series question papers.

So we would study together as per schedule by discussing the sources.

2. We would study Hindu daily. You are free to follow/not follow anything, but we would answer 2 questions from secure/PYQ/any random sources of our wish. We would keep the answer limit to 2 answers per day. But we would try to answer at least 1 question daily. We would share it with each other and analyze.

3. We would focus on prelims from January 2019. We would solve all the test series related to pre from them by following a specific approach. So I need an aspirant who has already given the examination as freshers wouldn't be wise to follow this approach.

4. My optional is PSIR. :) Just informing, but it has nothing to do with this thread.

So if anyone is interested to follow this plan, please reply. I need a dedicated aspirant to join me. :) Also, we wouldn't discuss on calls as I am allergic to receiving calls.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a good day. Please do not create a Bakaar here. :) You can use night birds thread :)
pdf
pdf
GS_QA_Brochure_Color.pdf
4M
Wit Beyond Measure Is Man's Greatest Treasure

Comments

• Consi
    ravenclaw said:

PN: By serious, I do not mean an Overconfident aspirant who boosts about studying for UPSC.
    Hello all!
    About Myself;
    I wanted to prepare for this exam since my graduation days. I gave my pre in 2017 but couldn't clear due to lack of preparation.
    I again gave 2018 with much preparation but couldn't clear. Deep down, I knew I do not deserve to clear this due to my shortcomings. I DID NOT REVISE. I NEGLECTED HINDU. I DIDNT DO SECURE/ANSWER WRITING. I WASTED MUCH TIME.
    But, I've overcome the guilt now. I have done a few things correctly. I have read NCERTs. I have gone through standard books once. I am half way through my preparation. I have analyzed my mistakes.
    I want to give UPSC in 2019. I wouldn't say that it would be my last attempt. But I would try my best to make it so! With so much investment I do not want to give up. In other words, I am all set to face battle.

I need a dedicated aspirant who would join me in following the mentioned schedule. We would go through all the topics by keeping 1 test behind. The first test is on 12th August. But, we would START this schedule on August 12th and would continue it till next test, On the date of the second test, we would give the first test. I Have access to test series question papers.

2. We would study Hindu daily. You are free to follow/not follow anything, but we would answer 2 questions from secure/PYQ/any random sources of our wish. We would keep the answer limit to 2 answers per day. But we would try to answer at least 1 question daily. We would share it with each other and analyze.

3. We would focus on prelims from January 2019. We would solve all the test series related to pre from them by following a specific approach. So I need an aspirant who has already given the examination as freshers wouldn't be wise to follow this approach.

4. My optional is PSIR. :) Just informing, but it has nothing to do with this thread.

So if anyone is interested to follow this plan, please reply. I need a dedicated aspirant to join me. :) Also, we wouldn't discuss on calls as I am allergic to receiving calls.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a good day. Please do not create a Bakaar here. :) You can use night birds thread :)

Consider me...
    I maybe anyone but i dont belong to anyone.
  • The sequence of GS Score tests are not good. Try Vision or MGP
  • Reyaz said:

The sequence of GS Score tests are not good. Try Vision or MGP

Hey, @Reyaz Thankyou for your suggestions! I heard that their evaluation isn't good too. But I've followed their PSIR schedule last year due to lack of other faculties for online coaching. But it turned out to be good!
    Can you please elaborate? I thought the micro topics list they have provided gives a blueprint to follow about the necessary questions and subtopics. Would following such a schedule lead to a bad outcome? I am not talking about tests here. I prefer MGP evaluations more, but just about following their schedule? Thanks again! :)
  • Piyush Choubey is good for PSIR tests (both at gs-score and at raus), only his notes are inferior to SR.

For Micro topics or sub topics, simply search "IAS-Score Mains detailed Syllabus" and you will get all the topics listed to search and make notes.

It is advisable to not follow the recommended booklists on test series flyers.

ForumIAS MGP tests follow the sequence of Mains only subject first, prelims (core) subjects later, which is advisable for new aspirants/ first timers as will help you revise the prelims related subjects from dec/January.

This time VisionIAS test sequence is good. here's why? (SEE 05th Aug schedule)
    Phase 1 Foundation The first 8 tests sequence follow them as you've to build foundation for both pre & mains. The 8 test will cover books like Laxmikanth, GC Leong, Rajiv Ahir, Culture book, Arjun dev, economy basics, shankar environment, lexicon etc along with Jan to Oct Current Affairs booklet. (and NCERT too if you need them)
    Phase 2 Mains Alter the sequence here since you already finished the Reading 1, Either you can finish Ethics, Society, IR, Technology, Security by Dec31 to start pre prep from Jan Or you can refine GS2 & GS3 by some additional readings to enhace you answers/answer writing practice.

If you can finish Phase 1 by Oct31 then attempt Mains 2018 paper and evaluate them to build your momentum for Phase 2.

Phase 2 will finish by Mar31 so try to revise the books or notes made from phase1 by Dec31 to attempt Prelims Mocks & twice or thrice by Mar31 otherwise you'll skip EcoSurvey & IYB in fear of prelims.

Also since tests are way expensive so I don't know about the evaluations at any place.
    Hope I elaborated enough. Make the changes in accordance to you strengths since you're a senior player.
    과거로 돌아가 새롭게 시작할 순 없지만 현재로부터 새로운 결말을 맺을 순 있다. (You can't go back in time and start over again, but you can still aim for a new ending starting from now.)
  • Reyaz said:

Piyush Choubey is good for PSIR tests (both at gs-score and at raus), only his notes are inferior to SR.

For Micro topics or sub topics, simply search "IAS-Score Mains detailed Syllabus" and you will get all the topics listed to search and make notes.

It is advisable to not follow the recommended booklists on test series flyers.

ForumIAS MGP tests follow the sequence of Mains only subject first, prelims (core) subjects later, which is advisable for new aspirants/ first timers as will help you revise the prelims related subjects from dec/January.

This time VisionIAS test sequence is good. here's why? (SEE 05th Aug schedule)
    Phase 1 Foundation The first 8 tests sequence follow them as you've to build foundation for both pre & mains. The 8 test will cover books like Laxmikanth, GC Leong, Rajiv Ahir, Culture book, Arjun dev, economy basics, shankar environment, lexicon etc along with Jan to Oct Current Affairs booklet. (and NCERT too if you need them)
    Phase 2 Mains Alter the sequence here since you already finished the Reading 1, Either you can finish Ethics, Society, IR, Technology, Security by Dec31 to start pre prep from Jan Or you can refine GS2 & GS3 by some additional readings to enhace you answers/answer writing practice.

If you can finish Phase 1 by Oct31 then attempt Mains 2018 paper and evaluate them to build your momentum for Phase 2.

Phase 2 will finish by Mar31 so try to revise the books or notes made from phase1 by Dec31 to attempt Prelims Mocks & twice or thrice by Mar31 otherwise you'll skip EcoSurvey & IYB in fear of prelims.

Also since tests are way expensive so I don't know about the evaluations at any place.
    Hope I elaborated enough. Make the changes in accordance to you strengths since you're a senior player.
    과거로 돌아가 새롭게 시작할 순 없지만 현재로부터 새로운 결말을 맺을 순 있다. (You can't go back in time and start over again, but you can still aim for a new ending starting from now.)

The 5Aug one you're talking about is of pre or mains?
    संशयात्मा विनश्यति
  • Zigong said:

The 5Aug one you're talking about is of pre or mains?

Vision Mains TS schedule
  • i am in but i m a fresher.
  • I m in but i am a fresher
  • Exactly same situation here!!!

Under the Spreading Chestnut tree,
    You sold me & I sold you!!
  • why dont we all work together
  • Those who failed to "qualify" for the above "yojna", please respond for alternate plan.
    For GS and Geography optional
  • Thanks for your responses. Especially @Reyaz :)
    I want the group to be limited to 3 people! :)
    As Hagerstrand said, Please form a separate group! :)
  • why dont we all work together

Include me also
  • Let us make WhatsApp group
  • ravenclaw said:

Hello all!
    About Myself;

same situation as yours ( twice failed in prelims with close margin ) & optional having PSIR
  • i

Let us make WhatsApp group

Have a telegram group.And include me also.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog