ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Regarding Subhra Ranjan's Classroom coaching

edited June 2018 in Political Science
Can any experience people who has attended her class give some insights to her classroom teaching?

I have been preparing this subject using her notes along with some textbook. I could even attempt some old questions from her notes itself. But, my real concern is that I am not satisfied with the answers I have written after seeing some other aspirant writing in some blog.

Will her class gives us an edge in better understanding the subject nature? If not, how to prepare forward?

Kindly help!

Comments

• Try chaubey sir
  • Hi friends , those who are looking forward for answer writing guidance or any guidance for political science optional can ping me ... personalized guidance would be provided at a nominal cost, myself have given upsc interview twice with psir... got 280s in 2016 and 290 in 2017 .... I would try to provide individual attention and honest service to subscribers ... any one interested can post two answer for which I will give review and if you guys feel worth it then u can take things forward thank you:-)
  • I have taken Piyush Chaubey's classes and didn't find his teaching style effective. Its my personal assessment though.
    SR maam notes are good but classes are too crowded for any substantive benefit.
    Will try Joshi Maam's classes in Chrome IAS this time. May be being an ex-civil servant, she can be more exam oriented.
  • Hi friends , those who are looking forward for answer writing guidance or any guidance for political science optional can ping me ... personalized guidance would be provided at a nominal cost, myself have given upsc interview twice with psir... got 280s in 2016 and 290 in 2017 .... I would try to provide individual attention and honest service to subscribers ... any one interested can post two answer for which I will give review and if you guys feel worth it then u can take things forward thank you:-)

@Machiavelli the prince I'm interested
  • edited June 10
    zirna said:

Can any experience people who has attended her class give some insights to her classroom teaching?

I have been preparing this subject using her notes along with some textbook. I could even attempt some old questions from her notes itself. But, my real concern is that I am not satisfied with the answers I have written after seeing some other aspirant writing in some blog.

Will her class gives us an edge in better understanding the subject nature? If not, how to prepare forward?

Kindly help!

SR is good but she doesn't care about her students. She skips classes without prior intimation. I had joined the October-2018 batch but she delayed our batch by 1 month and the classes began in the last week of November. This affected our schedule. The course could have been completed by March had it started in October as planned. But, it was extended till April last week. In March-April, there was a drastic change in her teaching style. As the pressure to finish the syllabus early mounted up, she didn't teach IR in depth and took 5 hours of classes for 8-9 days in April. It was difficult to manage the Prelims prep alongside.

Even after attending her lectures, I have a very vague idea of Paper II because I could not study my optional in Feb-April period. I am scoring 100+ in Prelims this year. This was my first attempt. But, I am not sure about Mains because my optional is not ready.

I have to do a test series for PSIR but I do not trust ma'am now. I know she's the best out there. But, she has commercialized her knowledge to the extent that she really doesn't care about you! All she cares about is money.

Moreover, there are around 700 students in a batch. So, no personal guidance is possible!
    DO NOT JOIN THE OCTOBER BATCH!!! You'll suffer big time. Join the May/June batch.

If any veteran with a good soul is reading this answer, please show me the best course to follow for 3 months for Mains as far as PSIR is concerned. Please ping me! I need to sort out this mess!

Thanks
  • Polsci answer writting challenge 2019:Political science answer writting challenge 2019
    Political science guidance prog 2019 guided by machiavelli
    https://t.me/nikiunited
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Factly