CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
MITRA'S IAS - PHILOSOPHY: Seminar on - 27th Sep. - 5pm & 9th Oct. – 11 am
Foundation Classes: 28th Sep. and 29th Sep.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com

How to handle depression after continous failures ?

After june 3rd im feeling as if hell broke loose such an ambiguos paper and this is my last attempt my range is betwern 92-97 and that too im not sure after seeing soo many contradictory answer keys i dont remember many answers that i marked if people want to make fun carry on but people who are in same state of mind please enlighten how am i supposed to deal with this depression ?

Comments

• dont be depressed ..u r bound to qualify prelims..prepare for mains

Many reasons to still remain happy.
  • After june 3rd im feeling as if hell broke loose such an ambiguos paper and this is my last attempt my range is betwern 92-97 and that too im not sure after seeing soo many contradictory answer keys i dont remember many answers that i marked if people want to make fun carry on but people who are in same state of mind please enlighten how am i supposed to deal with this depression ?

Will U love somebody only when it shows result? Many time in this world we have to devote many hard things to achieve things in life, be it personal or professional. U cannot say to girls , hay today I gifted u that means I love u. Life doesnt happens like this.We have to express our love everyday to make it visible. Same is applicable to exam like UPSC. U have to work irrespective of result. If it is not responding serious work, better u leave it. But u are saying , it is your last attempt, so I will advice u to love it as u are loving somebody as last movement. 92 94 is good score, dont look after it just romance with UPSC for last few months. Give your best... bas 15 july tak ka baat hai.. phir 7 octber tak ka.. baadme april 2019 tak ka..... enjoy jab tak ho iske sath...

study for mains mann

dont come here
    @ajgar_zurrat kha jayeha :trollface:
  • After june 3rd im feeling as if hell broke loose such an ambiguos paper and this is my last attempt my range is betwern 92-97 and that too im not sure after seeing soo many contradictory answer keys i dont remember many answers that i marked if people want to make fun carry on but people who are in same state of mind please enlighten how am i supposed to deal with this depression ?

U only hv one option .. study..
    U said it’s ur last shot .. I tell you if u clear you will regret more for losing this precious time than u are regretting the ambiguity of the paper.
    In 2016, I missed interview call by 7 marks waiting for the results.. after results I put my everything into it, but by that time people who started without waiting for results had gone so far ahead.. it was impossible to catch.. I regret that even today ..
    one of my mates who made it to the list started the day pre was over, believe me he was in the Library on the same very night prelims got over... Then the marks of prelims came .. he got 117 and I got 119 .. just think about my guilt of waiting for results at that moment.
    So, now u understand what Upsc wants from us .. belief in oneself .. so my friend .. go all out and forget about result.
    It will pinch me every second my life I know..
    Just shared wat I had .. gud luck brother
    Yunan-o-Misr-o-Roma Sab Mit Gaye Jahan Se
    Ab Tak Magar Hai Baki Naam-o-Nishan Hamara
    Kuchh Baat Hai Ke Hasti Mit’ti Nahin Hamari
    Sadiyon Raha Hai Dushman Daur-e-Zaman Hamara...jai hind
  • edited June 14

After june 3rd im feeling as if hell broke loose such an ambiguos paper and this is my last attempt my range is betwern 92-97 and that too im not sure after seeing soo many contradictory answer keys i dont remember many answers that i marked if people want to make fun carry on but people who are in same state of mind please enlighten how am i supposed to deal with this depression ?

study for 1 month..its hard to do but there is no other option.. in case of failure in pre-
    1. u can apply for rbi grade b this year and that requires only 2-3 month prep
    2. if u have ifos attempt left then u can aim for that next year.

as far as depression is concerned u can take mild anti-depressant for temporary relief. but they will make u zombie and might even hamper study. I had gone through depression phase and medication did help me out but they all have some side-effects. yoga is also effective.
    try to give your best in these two exams , take them as a new challenge or u can also explore alternate career. Once you are busy and satisfied with yourself , you wont even feel slightest of depression.
    Good luck

U only hv one option .. study..
    U said it’s ur last shot .. I tell you if u clear you will regret more for losing this precious time than u are regretting the ambiguity of the paper.
    In 2016, I missed interview call by 7 marks waiting for the results.. after results I put my everything into it, but by that time people who started without waiting for results had gone so far ahead.. it was impossible to catch.. I regret that even today ..
    one of my mates who made it to the list started the day pre was over, believe me he was in the Library on the same very night prelims got over... Then the marks of prelims came .. he got 117 and I got 119 .. just think about my guilt of waiting for results at that moment.
    So, now u understand what Upsc wants from us .. belief in oneself .. so my friend .. go all out and forget about result.
    It will pinch me every second my life I know..
    Just shared wat I had .. gud luck brother

this is the essence of this brutal exam. Have faith in yourself.
  • edited June 14
    mera bhi last attempt tha..i am getting 85 only....hard to say but we should now come to terms with the fact that we were destined to live a mediocre average life....with a normal job and everything...until some miracle happens...which do not happen with everyone.....so be strong and live an average life with a rock mind and heart....finally 30-40 saal baad sabko marna hi hai...chaahe wo IAS ho ya koi aur....
  • niteshg5 said:

mera bhi last attempt tha..i am getting 85 only....hard to say but we should now come to terms with the fact that we were destined to live a mediocre average life....with a normal job and everything...until some miracle happens...which do not happen with everyone.....so be strong and live an average life with a rock mind and heart....finally 30-40 saal baad sabko marna hi hai...chaahe wo IAS ho ya koi aur....

This means those people who don't become IAS dont live their life to the fullest and are unhappy...wow just wow....don't sound like that becoming IAS is the only way to live the life. That's absolutely rubbish.

I'll tell you why you will live a mediocre life and be unhappy because of your attitude and perspective. You have equated your happiness with becoming an IAS. Talking about your normal job...where ever your job is, you are not focusing on being the best but instead being unhappy about not getting into IAS. Your aim in life was becoming IAS that was good but you never thought that life is much bigger than "IAS". According to me, you always wanted to be an IAS because you wanted power, authority,servants and ji huzoori by subordinates(" yes sir yes sir").You never thought of working for the people or the country, you were mesmerized by the amount of power an IAS wields.
    You never wanted to achieve excellence.

lets say you are in an institution/company one can always excel by reaching upto the gm/cgm/md that is equivalent to add secy/joint sect in GOI where salary would be same maybe even more,better work culture,better standard of living, you will also have authority,people will respect you in society. if you want to live your life to the fullest it is you who will have to decide what makes you happy. IAS,I am sure.would not have made you happy because you would still have been searching something else.

In the end it is only when you are in your 50s when you look back and see what you have achieved what your family has achieved because of your hard work. invest time in your family invest time in yourself.

there are number of IAS who live their life in mediocrity and only some who live their life to the fullest(how many famous ias do you know?) .There have been examples where non-IAS people achieved so much in life that people know their names because of their work not because of they had any tags like "IAS/IPS".

Finally, it will be your deeds that will set direction for your future generations and you will be the reason for your happiness and of the people around you.

Make a difference in others' lives by making difference in yours. Achieve excellence and be happy in what you do. So that on death bed you will not regret in life that it was my destiny. You challenged your destiny and destiny finally supported you. You will be proud that you made a huge difference.

Peace out !

Will U love somebody only when it shows result? Many time in this world we have to devote many hard things to achieve things in life, be it personal or professional. U cannot say to girls , hay today I gifted u that means I love u. Life doesnt happens like this.We have to express our love everyday to make it visible. Same is applicable to exam like UPSC. U have to work irrespective of result. If it is not responding serious work, better u leave it. But u are saying , it is your last attempt, so I will advice u to love it as u are loving somebody as last movement. 92 94 is good score, dont look after it just romance with UPSC for last few months. Give your best... bas 15 july tak ka baat hai.. phir 7 octber tak ka.. baadme april 2019 tak ka..... enjoy jab tak ho iske sath...

study for mains mann

dont come here
    @ajgar_zurrat kha jayeha :trollface:
    +1
  • Do business earn 100 times more than IAS ... Swarg haath mein dikhega ... Money can buy you everything in this world except parents ...
  • edited June 14

Only success will bring you out of this vicious cycle of depression.... Success in any direction of your life... Small success initial will remove the inertia....
    You have to understand that you have to do things.... By yourself.... Because after some depth nothing external really help.... But keep taking external help till the layer they become ineffective.... Medication is temporary solution.... Start exercise .....
  • stanley said:

niteshg5 said:

This means those people who don't become IAS dont live their life to the fullest and are unhappy...wow just wow....don't sound like that becoming IAS is the only way to live the life. That's absolutely rubbish.

I'll tell you why you will live a mediocre life and be unhappy because of your attitude and perspective. You have equated your happiness with becoming an IAS. Talking about your normal job...where ever your job is, you are not focusing on being the best but instead being unhappy about not getting into IAS. Your aim in life was becoming IAS that was good but you never thought that life is much bigger than "IAS". According to me, you always wanted to be an IAS because you wanted power, authority,servants and ji huzoori by subordinates(" yes sir yes sir").You never thought of working for the people or the country, you were mesmerized by the amount of power an IAS wields.

lets say you are in an institution/company one can always excel by reaching upto the gm/cgm/md that is equivalent to add secy/joint sect in GOI where salary would be same maybe even more,better work culture,better standard of living, you will also have authority,people will respect you in society. if you want to live your life to the fullest it is you who will have to decide what makes you happy. IAS,I am sure.would not have made you happy because you would still have been searching something else.

In the end it is only when you are in your 50s when you look back and see what you have achieved what your family has achieved because of your hard work. invest time in your family invest time in yourself.

there are number of IAS who live their life in mediocrity and only some who live their life to the fullest(how many famous ias do you know?) .There have been examples where non-IAS people achieved so much in life that people know their names because of their work not because of they had any tags like "IAS/IPS".

Finally, it will be your deeds that will set direction for your future generations and you will be the reason for your happiness and of the people around you.

Make a difference in others' lives by making difference in yours. Achieve excellence and be happy in what you do. So that on death bed you will not regret in life that it was my destiny. You challenged your destiny and destiny finally supported you. You will be proud that you made a huge difference.

Peace out !
    you write very well :) kinda sparked me for a moment...
  • stanley said:

niteshg5 said:

Peace out !
    +10000

this post made my day.
  • Brother can't write much
    Just a simple suggestion plz order a book and read from bottom of your heart
    (Power of subconscious mind)
    Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.

On telegram - @RobertPutnam
  • Easy mate. I went through this once.

Study for a month. Prepare for mains. But that's not enough.

Fill other forms. Give exams. And clear them. Devote some amount of time. You need to.

Once you see your name in the merit list of some exam, any exam, it'll boost your confidence level.

Then you can either join it or leave it, but you'll get your self esteem back that way.

This exam involves a lot of Luck, and failure should be taken with a pinch of salt.

But we take failures personal, as if it's rejecting us coz we're not good enough. This should be changed, for that's not true.

Carry on struggle. :)
    I've deleted my gmail account. So your messages won't reach me. ATB. :)
  • niteshg5 said:

dude you are barc scientist, thats a group A job already :neutral:
  • F5 said:

niteshg5 said:

काळे सिर आळे का कदे ना भरै | (Young people are never satisfied with what they have.)
    ecosia.org

depression usually comes with uncertainty. be prepared for both the scenarios i.e. sailing through prelims as well as failure. ask yourself how you're going to proceed in case you fail. plan your next step. write it down, if it helps. you need not share with people. that is something you will fall back on. once this is done, you can begin your studies as if you're clearing prelims. this is difficult but not impossible. bouncing back after failure is important. though moping feels comfortable, it isn't healthy
    An act of stealth, a silent coup d'etat
  • dost , aapne itna patience rakha h abhi tak , toh 2-3 mahine aur pateint rakho , dhere dhere naye raaste apne aap dikh jate h .

all the best prelims result ke liye , mere khyal se apka jitna score h utne me prelims clear ho jyega
  • edited June 14
    The biggest mistake we do is rethinking those moments and how those few minutes , that one right answer would hv changed this. Would hv changed the course of one's life.
    But the fact is that we do give our best everytime , but there are multiple factors beyond our control that defines our life. I dont genrally prach spritual thinks but there are some beautiful things said in geeta , try to undertsand them n where krishna defines arjuna about fear and how to overcome it (google it , u will find )
    And may allah bless you , be strong and prepare fir mains u will sail through at an 95 (hope is what binds this universe)
    once again HUSTLE
  • F5 said:

niteshg5 said:

yes and after seeing the unpredictabliity of CSE, the following mental stress of aspirants, I am very satisfied with my job now. We also do not have to listen to any politician or answer to people. Group A gazetted post too. All sadness is gone now :)
  • Bhai if you want to join corporate. I may help you with the hunt. Working in global 4 Wheeler R&D. Send me your CV. Please donot get depressed. Life is a beautiful gift from Allah.

Sltnkhlji@gmail.com
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog