Notes or classes

Could someone guide me regarding Psir classes of Shubhra Ma'am, the seats are full in shubhra ma'am 's class, they have few seats left in the adjacent room with LCD screen. So 48k for that seems costly since there won't be any interaction with the teacher during class. So how much will I miss out if I go for her notes rather than classes?

Comments

• I have joined her second batch and today was the first class. The students in the adjoining classroom are asking doubts and their doubts are being addressed in the same moment only. But yes 48k for LCD lectures is too much. It depends what's your motive behind joining coaching. Whether you need it or you can grasp from notes itself. I have joined it just to align my initial preparation and also in order to complete the optional by the time this course ends. If you are dedicated enough and can be consistent , I don't think you need coaching . Otherwise sitting in the adjoining classroom will also help in keeping you on the track.

Good luck.
  • Thanks a lot!
  • pol sc gs score full online video classes for 2018 mains by dr piyush chaubey for sale.. price 15k .. msg me if interested
  • pk_bgp_24 said:

pol sc gs score full online video classes for 2018 mains by dr piyush chaubey for sale.. price 15k .. msg me if interested

Why are you selling them? Aren't they good, or is it just a price sharing agreement?
  • I have joined her second batch and today was the first class. The students in the adjoining classroom are asking doubts and their doubts are being addressed in the same moment only. But yes 48k for LCD lectures is too much. It depends what's your motive behind joining coaching. Whether you need it or you can grasp from notes itself. I have joined it just to align my initial preparation and also in order to complete the optional by the time this course ends. If you are dedicated enough and can be consistent , I don't think you need coaching . Otherwise sitting in the adjoining classroom will also help in keeping you on the track.

Good luck.

Are there any online classes for the Optional? Does her, Political Science Crash course help a beginner who will appear for 2019? Should it be joined now or only after prelims?
  • She will take the next batch around November-December. Wait till then.

Prepare for GS papers as the batch finishes a month before prelims.

If you have PSIR background like MA in Pol Science then her notes will be sufficient otherwise your score will be butchered in optional papers.
  • Reyaz said:

She will take the next batch around November-December. Wait till then.

Prepare for GS papers as the batch finishes a month before prelims.

If you have PSIR background like MA in Pol Science then her notes will be sufficient otherwise your score will be butchered in optional papers.

Can't come to Delhi, what's the alternative. Is piyush sir good enough?
  • just save your money then... buy SR ma'am notes from Flavido...Refer to Ananya Das blog for the minimum booklist on PSIR (or you can avoid books by reading IGNOU materials of BA-MA pol science). if you complete these by December this year then join online test series from shubhraranjan.com or piyush choubey. If you are scoring well in the tests then just revise till mains. If not then join the SR classes after prelims .. 3 months classes or crash course will be enough if you complete the above mentioned sources by december.

You can also ask or refer to Apoorva Pandey (@leakycauldron) she scored well in PSIR by self-study achieving AIR 39 this year.
  • Reyaz said:

just save your money then... buy SR ma'am notes from Flavido...Refer to Ananya Das blog for the minimum booklist on PSIR (or you can avoid books by reading IGNOU materials of BA-MA pol science). if you complete these by December this year then join online test series from shubhraranjan.com or piyush choubey. If you are scoring well in the tests then just revise till mains. If not then join the SR classes after prelims .. 3 months classes or crash course will be enough if you complete the above mentioned sources by december.

You can also ask or refer to Apoorva Pandey (@leakycauldron) she scored well in PSIR by self-study achieving AIR 39 this year.

thanks, will follow this. Ya, I have asked @leakycauldron , hope she will reply soon.
  • Hi friends , those who are looking forward for answer writing guidance or any guidance for political science optional can ping me ... personalized guidance would be provided at a nominal cost, myself have given upsc interview twice with psir... got 280s in 2016 and 290 in 2017 .... I would try to provide individual attention and honest service to subscribers ... any one interested can post two answer for which I will give review and if you guys feel worth it then u can take things forward thank you:-)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog