CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
MITRA'S IAS - PHILOSOPHY: Seminar on - 27th Sep. - 5pm & 9th Oct. – 11 am
Foundation Classes: 28th Sep. and 29th Sep.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com

Life is much more than success !

edited June 4 in Miscellaneous
Many of us would be deeply pained by the suicide of an aspirant in ORN.

I request aspirants to not attach their sentiments with success to such an extent.

Many of us would fail to qualify Prelims, Mains or get a place in final list. But that should not demotivate us to such an extent.

Success is overrated.

Lets define our precious lives in a better way and not identify it with success.

Even without success, we have lots of factors to remain happy, or at least not remain in despair.

Many reasons to still remain happy.

Comments

• Sad to hear that. :(
    Reshami si maaya thi,
    Aur main takata jaata tha.
  • edited June 4
    but the mainstream culture says otherwise. Labels you a LOSER. .
  • ramon said:

we shdn't be concerned abt mainstream as we cannot alter their notions...but parents/family must become wise enough to not put burden on their wards..

• ramon said:

we shdn't be concerned abt mainstream as we cannot alter their notions...but parents/family must become wise enough to not put burden on their wards..
    And what one must do if parents/family are the ones who put pressure...
    who look at you as a loser,,disgrace to the family ?
  • ramon said:

i have done dat...u need courage to do dat...bas ek baar face karna padta hai...we need to break that barrier..i have broken that...now m free..no expectations from me..no burden on me...

• ramon said:

i have done dat...u need courage to do dat...bas ek baar face karna padta hai...we need to break that barrier..i have broken that...now m free..no expectations from me..no burden on me...
    Well, good to know that.
  • Just reber two things.
    1. For achieving something you have to take pragamatic risks in life.
    2. For being successful do not hope anything . Just keep moving in the right direction.
  • Bhai log age is just number ...
    Believe in that sif ladki ptane k lie nahi .. Dunia k har kaam k lye...
    Abdul Kalam ji ne apne driver ko professor bna dia tha....:) Motivation se.
    Hum serious aspirants to khud b motivate ho skte h..
    N marne k khayal se phle .... Apne maa baap Bhai behn k bare me Soch lo....us khayal ki lg jaegi 4 sure...

NEVER GIVE UP.
    Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.

On telegram - @RobertPutnam
  • ramon said:

Bhai if it is so then believe me you have to prove them ... N upsc is not only way.... And suicide is definitely not an option

• dpagarwal said:

Just reber two things.
    1. For achieving something you have to take pragamatic risks in life.
    2. For being successful do not hope anything . Just keep moving in the right direction.

Define pragmatic risks please.
    Reshami si maaya thi,
    Aur main takata jaata tha.
  • Suicide is a very drastic step. The person must have been under tremendous mental duress. Such actions in response to adverse situations affect our loved ones terribly. They will have to live with what happened.
  • ramon said:

Bhai if it is so then believe me you have to prove them ... N upsc is not only way.... And suicide is definitely not an option
    how do you PROVE something,,

grilling yourself throughout school and college life to get top scores?
    preparing for UPSC?
    Getting married to a suitable person and die taking care of that family?

age is not just a number bro,,,its not

• ramon said:

how do you PROVE something,,

grilling yourself throughout school and college life to get top scores?
    preparing for UPSC?
    Getting married to a suitable person and die taking care of that family?

age is not just a number bro,,,its not

It's up to u brother
    You see half glass filled with water or half empty...

A suggestion if u follow..
    Read a book called power of subconscious mind.

• Success is relative. Trying to win the rat race to please "woh chaar log" will result in sub-optimal, emotionally unfulfilling choices. It will create unnecessary pressure and sky-high expectations.

People will usually have faaltu things to say in the name of making conversation irrespective of where we are in life.

The hard truth is that most dont give a damn about what we do 24x7. The ones who bother that much: (i) Actually care for our well-being (ii) Jealous/Vela/Egoistic people.
  • If someone has faced only failures and misery in his life, how can we say to him that life is much more than that?
    People define their life based on what they have experienced in their life.
    We can never know what is going on someone's else life.
    Giving gyan is easy but life is harsh.
    But suicide is not a solution or a choice though. If you want to end the life, say to yourself that it end here, go to sleep and start afresh tomorrow. If you have the courage to think about sucide, then you are capable enough to leave everything behind and start afresh too.
    But philosophy and gyan doesn't work for everyone. If I lived my whole life trying to achieve one single thing and you come to me saying that life is more than what I thought to be, can I ever accept it? Because the life I heard of, experienced of, dreamt of is not something similar to what you are talking about. It will be like I am speaking about whiskey to my cat who drinks only milk.

Only a brave man can be a good man
  • seems when buddha was talking about "Life is sarrow -birth,living and death" he had UPSC in foresight

i in school thought of commiting suicide coz cudnt get 90%, then i said to myself (it was 3:00 AM on a full moon night ) just Postpone suicide , and life will teach you many more lesson for good ......i am postponing suicide since then

and yes UPSC does have luck factor (see at previous result stats people passing by 1 marks come to top the world ) .. if you dont have that Luck sadly i think no amount of hard work will make you there--reportdly sunder puchai (now Google CEO ) failed UPSC thrice and left and see he does shine more then any IAS to the world

there is Life beyond UPSC and all your dreams (work-for-people, power money status ) can be chased in it if not achieved --that is the opportunity cost of suicide which can't be ignored

besides, i am a great believer of karma theory .. if u live u will be able to do good deeds which may give you a rebirth in a realm where there is no UPSC or it's presence dosn't matter . suicide on other hand will pause your soul-growth and you may end up at same place to check your karmic dues (and i am serious about it i may be the guy done suicide years ago to scape from studying and now karmic-debt have forced to study without any good result)

Destiny have a plan , life is school there to teach you lessons .. dont be a school drop-out no matter how the syllabus , how arrogent are class felow and how ever irrational teacher may sound .. at the end of this universe there is GOD some where (vouched by all religion even the most atheist one) karma wont go in waste , A definite BAD luck today may bring good luck in other form tommarow OR vice versa(remmeber CSAT)

• I would like to gain some motivation.
    I have just 1 yr left under category .
    Could not prepare well due to parents still they can't understand my passion no help money now after marriage kid and job with public dealing feel so short of time... I started believing in luck and kundli ...when there was a time I could work hard and get as many marks as I want...
    I feel unmindful parents are my Rahu Ketu.. unmindful brothers...
    Everytime I save some money something they do and I have to give them money...
    I have many mains...not even once I came across a student who had so many problems...the moment i started preparing some family issues come up...I want to leave my family.. bloody hell my posting done near my home...I mean evertime I planned for something good to become IAS ..all plans failed...it's happening since last 8-9 years ..didn't touch a single page since last 2 yrs.

Its all luck I suppose.
    I feel so demotivated.
    Why at all god wasted my precious years of life ..SAB kuch ache k liye hota hai to isme kya acha ho gya...
    And why hv I gained.. nothing...
    When I see IAS friends I feel they are just number of lucky guys...
    How to feel great...please anyone any motivation..
  • Somewhere, these type of things remind me of this line; " the games of Sansara are
    not the games worth losing the life over "...

Could not prepare well due to parents still they can't understand my passion no help money now after marriage kid and job with public dealing feel so short of time... I started believing in luck and kundli ...when there was a time I could work hard and get as many marks as I want...
    I have many mains...not even once I came across a student who had so many problems...the moment i started preparing some family issues come up...I want to leave my family.. bloody hell my posting done near my home...I mean evertime I planned for something good to become IAS ..all plans failed...it's happening since last 8-9 years ..didn't touch a single page since last 2 yrs.

Its all luck I suppose.
    I feel so demotivated.
    Why at all god wasted my precious years of life ..SAB kuch ache k liye hota hai to isme kya acha ho gya...

I do not know your specific situation, motives, and inclinations but as a general piece of advice stoicism may help. Please read up on it.
    Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends than that good men should look on and do nothing.

Its all luck I suppose.
    I feel so demotivated.

By your comment it seems you are working in a bank.
    If yes please leave UPSC prep and start enjoying life. Do not get involved with your relatives . Just confine yourself with your wife and parents.
    I am suggesting this because you must have observed the demand of upsc in recent years.
    It is emphasizing on breadth and not depth
    Sadly with a job which entails public dealing like banking.
    One is left with little energy to study something new after work or on weekends.( I know how we feel on weekends). At most we can revise what we have already read.
    And with limited knowledge clearing prelims and mains become a tough challenge. And then we say it is all luck. Because most kf the questions are not from the limited sources we read.
  • dpagarwal said:

I would like to gain some motivation.

Its all luck I suppose.
    I feel so demotivated.

By your comment it seems you are working in a bank.
    If yes please leave UPSC prep and start enjoying life. Do not get involved with your relatives . Just confine yourself with your wife and parents.
    I am suggesting this because you must have observed the demand of upsc in recent years.
    It is emphasizing on breadth and not depth
    Sadly with a job which entails public dealing like banking.
    One is left with little energy to study something new after work or on weekends.( I know how we feel on weekends). At most we can revise what we have already read.
    And with limited knowledge clearing prelims and mains become a tough challenge. And then we say it is all luck. Because most kf the questions are not from the limited sources we read.
    Thank you so much friend that you put your precious time to understand my problem. Let's c what is written.
  • ramon said:

In such case find and job and then prepare.

• Sad Reality :(
    1528703970138.jpg
    552 x 518 - 159K
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog