CSE 2019   Attend 3 sessions on preparing for CSE 2019 , right from the right preparation strategy, reading the newspaper, making notes to how to write good answers. Orientation session is open to all and mandatory for all CGP Students. Click here for details.
MITRA'S IAS - PHILOSOPHY: Seminar on - 27th Sep. - 5pm & 9th Oct. – 11 am
Foundation Classes: 28th Sep. and 29th Sep.
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com

Mistake in Detailed Application Form - Interview in April - Help

I have my interview on April 10th. In the Annual Income field of mother "and" father I have missed 1 zero for "both" the fields. For eg., if the income is Twelve lakhs(1200000), because of the mistake in the DAF it's now showing One Lakh Twenty Thousand(120000) in "both" the columns.

Is there any procedure to get this corrected in the DAF ? What should I do? Is this something I need to worry about from the perspective of my candidature ?

Also, please give suggestions on how I should tackle this, if the board during the course of interview points out this mistake.

Thank you.

Comments

• Have you got any benefits (like non cremy layer) due to this mistake? Then its a blunder.

If not then i think you may clear it later.
  • Agar general ho to no issues. Agar obc ho to issue h thoda. But if u hv filled that u belongs to creamy layer then also ok..

just give one hand written application to upsc to change ur credentials. They will do it if u r general candidate. Otherwise they will verify and then do. :)

ATB
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)

" Woods are lovely dark and deep..
    But I have promises to keep..
    But I have promises to keep..
    And miles to go before I sleep.. before I sleep. " :)

#HumHongeKamyaabEkDin :)
  • I have my interview on April 10th. In the Annual Income field of mother "and" father I have missed 1 zero for "both" the fields. For eg., if the income is Twelve lakhs(1200000), because of the mistake in the DAF it's now showing One Lakh Twenty Thousand(120000) in "both" the columns.

Is there any procedure to get this corrected in the DAF ? What should I do? Is this something I need to worry about from the perspective of my candidature ?

Also, please give suggestions on how I should tackle this, if the board during the course of interview points out this mistake.

Thank you.

Assuming that you belong to OBC creamy layer category then you don't need to worry about it but if you belong to OBC NCL then you must have submitted your OBC NCL certificate at the time of filling DAF then it might not be issue as you have submitted the certificate of OBC NCL
  • edited March 16
    Thank you all for the above information.

Today I visited the UPSC facilitation counter, and spoke to a person on phone(dialed an extension). He said that, "the deadline to bring to notice of UPSC about corrections in DAF has expired. However, you drop an email, the email address is mentioned in the results document. These things would be cleared after interview. Since, you don't belong to OBC, there shouldn't be any problem usually".

So any suggestions on what I should say if asked about this error in the interview. I was thinking, "I missed a zero inadvertently, it was never my intention to falsify information, the moment I noticed the error I brought it to the attention of UPSC via an email. It was a mistake, which I wish I had not done. This incident has thought me to pay double attention to such numerical information in future situations. The best I can do is to not repeat same mistakes again."

What if they ask me "Are you careless person ?"
  • Thank you all for the above information.

Today I visited the UPSC facilitation counter, and spoke to a person on phone(dialed an extension). He said that, "the deadline to bring to notice of UPSC about corrections in DAF has expired. However, you drop an email, the email address is mentioned in the results document. These things would be cleared after interview. Since, you don't belong to OBC, there shouldn't be any problem usually".

So any suggestions on what I should say if asked about this error in the interview. I was thinking, "I missed a zero inadvertently, it was never my intention to falsify information, the moment I noticed the error I brought it to the attention of UPSC via an email. It was a mistake, which I wish I had not done. This incident has thought me to pay double attention to such numerical information in future situations. The best I can do is to not repeat same mistakes again."

What if they ask me "Are you careless person ?"

You just say, Sir it was by mistake .

When I realised it, I submitted a letter to UPSC stating the same.

This is not likely to come up.

So do not worry about it too much.

If you imagine a scenario like that, being asked - Are you a careless person, you don’t usually answer it. You may at best give a nervous smile . That’s all.
    *No good deed goes unpunished* | I am no knight, do not call me Sir | I write articles for Civil Services Aspirants, you can find them at http://blog.forumias.com/author/neyawn |
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog