Current Affairs for Prelims 2019 | Online | Offline | 25th March@5PM
ForumIAS Current Affairs Classes for Prelims commences from March 25th. There will be about 12 classes held 3 days a week at 5PM in the offline mode. Course is available in both Online & Offline Mode.
Join Online Classes | Join Offline Classes
We are hiring!
Visit http://go.forumias.com/changetheworld to apply now!

How do you guys kill boredom before prelims, while not joining any coaching?

Those staying in delhi

Comments

• The fear of failure kills all boredom
  • Those staying in delhi

By playing drama
  • Read non fiction. Preferably self help. Its a good way to shape your personality. Pscyhological insights about human nature will be helpful throughout your life. You can also read fiction but it can get addictive.Non fiction will also indirectly help you in RC section of CSAT and improve your thought.

Other than that, exercise and music.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.

PSIR Optional. Aspiring Diplomat.
  • edited February 2018

Read non fiction. Preferably self help. Its a good way to shape your personality. Pscyhological insights about human nature will be helpful throughout your life. You can also read fiction but it can get addictive.Non fiction will also indirectly help you in RC section of CSAT and improve your thought.

Thank you. Yes I do plan to read. Actually I just shifted here since 2 days and boredom is already getting to me. Exercise is a good idea.. will try and join a gym soon.

and hey, I'm an aspiring diplomat too :)
  • Join library.study there.
    Least chances to feel boredom.
    Still feeling boredom visit Delhi University campus.
    Many events,seminars happen here..attend ...
    Visit sometime various places like musuem ...etc ..
    There are better starters than me but I'm a strong finisher.
    Usain bolt
  • I don't get bored per se,BT sometimes feel brain fag. Then I watch short films, UK's X factor,Britain's Got talent. Feel refreshed and then resume my studies.
  • edited February 2018

Read non fiction. Preferably self help. Its a good way to shape your personality. Pscyhological insights about human nature will be helpful throughout your life. You can also read fiction but it can get addictive.Non fiction will also indirectly help you in RC section of CSAT and improve your thought.

which are the books that you have read, which ones' do u liked in the stream u suggested? @GentleGiant6

• Padh lo bhai.. time is running.. bore hone ka time nahi hai.. koi sa bhi attempt ho.. but haath m jyada time nhi h.. isliye it's better to study now than regret later..
  • Those staying in delhi

You can always attend a seminar at India international centre, India habitat centre etc. But sadly they are about 1hour away from orn so it kills a lot of time in travel. You can go to Nehru museum, national museum..it might help to create some interest in art n culture..There is always so much to do in delhi :)
  • Take a walk. Through the markets, streets, parks , Have tea at a new place everyday , etc etc. Avoid headphones while you are at it, try to observe things, people, street dogs, birds.
    Revolution 2020
  • 1. On my terrace I have planted a kitchen garden and few flowers as gardening is my hobby. I spend some time there, it feels good when you take care of things and watch them growing.
    2. Running everyday in park.
    3. Watching.. family guy, buzzfeed videos, etc.
    Moreover, Solitude is bliss.. Understand yourself.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google