MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Upsc prelims result 2015 and 2016 (real intake number for mains)

So.many people are saying that upsc only uses ratio of 12.5 for prelims stage,
Which is also provided in frequently asked questions somewhere in upsc website..but i found that by 12.5 they mean minimum.and not strictly same.

As in CSE 2015-
Vacancies -1129.
Prelims (candiates succesful) - 15008.
Ratio - 13.29.

In CSE 2016 -
Vacancies - 1079.
Prelims (candidates successful) - 15435.
Ratio - 14.30.

So in last two years upsc has admitted more number of students depending upon ratio more than 12.5.or 13 exactly.
So those who are on borderline or on 110 dont get demoralised with wrong notions it may still be the case that upsc will roughly take same intake in mains around 15000 no matter wat are no of vacancies this may be one of the thught to avail student with less objective skills or more no to compete for upsc mains.

Comments

• Hope_009 said:

Which is also provided in frequently asked questions somewhere in upsc website..but i found that by 12.5 they mean minimum.and not strictly same.

As in CSE 2015-
    Vacancies -1129.
    Ratio - 13.29.

In CSE 2016 -
    Vacancies - 1079.
    Ratio - 14.30.

So in last two years upsc has admitted more number of students depending upon ratio more than 12.5.or 13 exactly.
    So those who are on borderline or on 110 dont get demoralised with wrong notions it may still be the case that upsc will roughly take same intake in mains around 15000 no matter wat are no of vacancies this may be one of the thught to avail student with less objective skills or more no to compete for upsc mains.

in 2016... total vacancy was 1209....
  • Hope_009 said:

As in CSE 2015-
    Vacancies -1129.
    Ratio - 13.29.

In CSE 2016 -
    Vacancies - 1079.
    Ratio - 14.30.

It was 1079
  • Hope_009 said:

Hope_009 said:

As in CSE 2015-
    Vacancies -1129.
    Ratio - 13.29.

In CSE 2016 -
    Vacancies - 1079.
    Ratio - 14.30.

It was 1079
    bhai it was increased later.... i saw the rti...
  • Is baar bhi later increase ho sakta hai kya?
  • hunkaar said:

Is baar bhi later increase ho sakta hai kya?

Very meagre possibility, one of the famous insiders here was telling during 2016 pre result seats have been increased cuttoff 110 last year bract when the final result came seats were less than what upsc had advertised , to,get popular people say what every one wants to hear and not the truth ex trump post truth world
  • It will be min 15k it seems....intake has been 15k+ over the past few yrs irrespective of no. Of seats
  • I think they would stick to the ratio they maintain , why would the upsc will take the pain to evaluate more copies ,more resources , efficiency is the what Modi wants every one to follow
  • Guys the seats whatever increase happen in any case happen after mains.
    Last year there was hawabazi of increase but no such increase happened. The final intake was only 1079 plus remedial pending around 20 equal to 1099.
  • mrindia said:

hunkaar said:

Very meagre possibility, one of the famous insiders here was telling during 2016 pre result seats have been increased cuttoff 110 last year bract when the final result came seats were less than what upsc had advertised , to,get popular people say what every one wants to hear and not the truth ex trump post truth world
    There are no insiders in this whole bussiness...watever middle men left will be routed after implementation of gst...haha...

Last year cut off would have gone upto 120 if upsc had not been kind to people and would have sticked to 12.5 ratio which would have reduced intake for mains to low level of 13500 calulate yourself..
  • Cse final result see last rank.there was no increase all things in forum by some fake people was all but hawabazi
    pdf
    pdf
    FR_CSM_16_Engl_N.pdf
  • Hope_009 said:

mrindia said:

hunkaar said:

There are no insiders in this whole bussiness...watever middle men left will be routed after implementation of gst...haha...

Last year cut off would have gone upto 120 if upsc had not been kind to people and would have sticked to 12.5 ratio which would have reduced intake for mains to low level of 13500 calulate yourself..
    I think they advertised for more seats I guess
  • mrindia said:

Hope_009 said:

mrindia said:

hunkaar said:

I think they advertised for more seats I guess
    Nope all the things said above in this whole thread by me are from official upsc document.
    Everyone of us know upsc has disclosed all details expect answrkey of prelims so anyine can check on website
  • edited June 2017
    Hope_009 said:

Cse final result see last rank.there was no increase all things in forum by some fake people was all but hawabazi

bhai if u do not know something its always better to ask rather than make a fool of urself on public platform..
    upsc has 2 lists ...first one is recommended list and the second is consolidated reserve list...
    recommended list always has few seats(150-200.... it changes as per advertised seats) less than the total seats advertised...
  • Hope_009 said:

Cse final result see last rank.there was no increase all things in forum by some fake people was all but hawabazi

bhai if u do not know something its always better to ask rather than make a fool of urself on public platform..
    upsc has 2 lists ...first one is recommended list and the second is consolidated reserve list...
    recommended list always has few seats(150-200.... it changes as per advertised seats) less than the total seats advertised...
    No point of discussing bhai.
    I am just saying check upsc notification and final result there is increase of just 20 and not 150 200 .
    And reserve list me mai hu (unfortunately but luckily in first row of resrvd list)
    i know it but that is not counted while taking intake for mains and interview.
    Upsc website clearly says that ratio will be based upon vacancies mentioned in notification.
  • ☺️ Bhai log kindly see the following and see if any logical derivations are possible from this (You can amend it please surely, crowd knowledge may help better guesstimate)-

2017 Total seats = 980 ke around I think...
    Mains ke liye select honge - 13500 (suppose - taken on conservative side only)

50-51% General Category candidates - 6750

130+ kitne honge - hardly 750 bande...
    120-130 = 1250 maan lo
    110-120 = 2000
    108-110 = 1200
    105-108 = 1550

To cut off 105 +-1 ke lagbhag baithega....
    Koi bhai isko amend kardo. I may be wrong, kindly is angle se thoda idea lagayein.
    Humanity is above all.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog