MAINS 2018 QUESTION PAPER Download the Mains 2018 Question Papers by clicking here. Papers Uploaded : Essay 2018 | GS 1 | GS 2 | GS 3 | GS 4
Mains Guidance Program, 2019 | Commences 28th October 2018 | Admissions Open

Admissions for the Mains Guidance Program 2019 are open, commencing from October 28, 2018. Optional of taking up MGP or MGP+ , which includes Essay. Visit http://academy.forumias.com to know more.

Psychology Mains Marks 2016

Share ur marks here
My score:109+141=250

Comments

• My marks -139+123 =262
  • 128 +112
  • Share ur marks here

Share some inputs for paper 2,thanks
    Wrote CS (Main) Exam, 2016
    Score – 760

Sweet is never as sweet without the sour.
  • 129 + 134 = 263
  • kobrabhai said:

Share ur marks here

Hi...the main source of study was smarak swain.used relevant examples and concepts from paper 1 wherever possible.The questions I chose to attempt had less subjectivity & were more straightforward in my opinion(q2,7,8).and the most important thing was being calm(which i wasn't in the 1st paper :smiley: ).Never forget the Yerkes-Dodson law!!

• kobrabhai said:

Share ur marks here

Hi...the main source of study was smarak swain.used relevant examples and concepts from paper 1 wherever possible.The questions I chose to attempt had less subjectivity & were more straightforward in my opinion(q2,7,8).and the most important thing was being calm(which i wasn't in the 1st paper :smiley: ).Never forget the Yerkes-Dodson law!!

Will be thankful if u Share some of your answers that how you approached it.
  • My marks- 142+132
    Not cleared mains
  • Marks of Selected ones from a group
    Rank 16 170+136
    Rank 56 135+167
    Rank 120s 109+163
    Rank 449 315
  • kobrabhai said:

kobrabhai said:

Share ur marks here

Will be thankful if u Share some of your answers that how you approached it.
    I didn't clear mains!plus there are others with much better marks in the same...but i 'll share after prelims if u want.goodluck!

• Aksbi29 said:

Marks of Selected ones from a group
    Rank 16 170+136
    Rank 56 135+167
    Rank 120s 109+163
    Rank 449 315

Rank 449 ke psycho ka breakdown? 315 how
  • Mayank Prakash

Psychology - 157 + 138 .
  • Seems Psychology has done better than other optionals.
  • Others have too faired well. That's why such high cutoff.

Civil engg highest around 340s(scored in just 80s in all GS, but cleared with rank)
    Mechanical engg highest around 330s.
    Pub ad political science geography has also done good.

Sociology has not done good
  • what is the highest mark of psychology buddies. .?
  • 134 +139
    tryst with destiny
  • sipugiri said:

134 +139

Final result?
    Score – 760

• Thorin said:

sipugiri said:

134 +139

Final result?
    air 175
    tryst with destiny
  • sipugiri said:

Thorin said:

sipugiri said:

134 +139

Final result?
    air 175
    What is the best strategy to score good in psychology optional. It would be very helpful for me if u present outline of some of the answers. Thanks and my best wishes for your future.
  • sipugiri said:

Thorin said:

sipugiri said:

134 +139

Final result?
    air 175
    Congrats! :smile:

Score – 760

• Aksbi29 said:

Rank 16 170+136
    Rank 56 135+167
    Rank 120s 109+163
    Rank 449 315

Whoa whoa. That's some marks this time. Good to see Psychology coming back to form.
  • Aksbi29 said:

Rank 16 170+136
    Rank 56 135+167
    Rank 120s 109+163
    Rank 449 315

Whoa whoa. That's some marks this time. Good to see Psychology coming back to form.
    Hopefully it continues its good run this year as well.

Score – 760

• Thorin said:

Aksbi29 said:

Rank 16 170+136
    Rank 56 135+167
    Rank 120s 109+163
    Rank 449 315

Hopefully it continues its good run this year as well.

Amen!
  • kobrabhai said:

sipugiri said:

Thorin said:

sipugiri said:

134 +139

Final result?
    air 175
    What is the best strategy to score good in psychology optional. It would be very helpful for me if u present outline of some of the answers. Thanks and my best wishes for your future.
    thankyou yaar
    strategy for psychology
    booklist i followed for paper 1
    1.basic ncerts class 11 and 12
    2. anyone of the core books either ciccarelli or atkinson hillgrad or morgan and king
    3. khan academy and other videos on youtube for simple understanding of various topics which are not covered in these books
    for paper 2 just read applied psychology by smarak swain sir and ncerts
    also for answer writing in psychology gave as many examples from real life, sighted research studies, tried to make answers diverse, multi dimensional and simple.
    tryst with destiny
  • sipugiri said:

Thorin said:

sipugiri said:

134 +139

Final result?
    air 175
    Congratulations!

• sipugiri said:

kobrabhai said:

sipugiri said:

Thorin said:

sipugiri said:

134 +139

Final result?
    air 175
    thankyou yaar
    strategy for psychology
    2. anyone of the core books either ciccarelli or atkinson hillgrad or morgan and king
    3. khan academy and other videos on youtube for simple understanding of various topics which are not covered in these books
    also for answer writing in psychology gave as many examples from real life, sighted research studies, tried to make answers diverse, multi dimensional and simple.
    tryst with destiny
  • sipugiri said:

sipugiri said:

kobrabhai said:

sipugiri said:

Thorin said:

sipugiri said:

134 +139

Final result?
    air 175
    thankyou yaar
    strategy for psychology
    please message me your email adress i will send it to you.
    tryst with destiny
  • sipugiri said:

kobrabhai said:

sipugiri said:

Thorin said:

sipugiri said:

134 +139

Final result?
    air 175
    thankyou yaar
    strategy for psychology
    Can u Share answer of some of questions that u have written in examination. It would of immense helpful in knowing what i am missing in my answer.
  • edited June 2017
    donot know why but i am not able to upload it here please send your mail address i will send them to you.
    tryst with destiny
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog