All India Open Prelims Simulator Test X
on 22nd May, 2019 CLICK HERE to know more and apply
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Lecture Series in Delhi: Interested?

edited July 2013 in Miscellaneous
Just a newbie starting to visit lecture series happening around the city so thought we forum members can collaborate and visit these events.. maybe a great way to hang out as well meet fellow people.. starting off with the lectures .. plz share if u can any info about the talks .. regards

starting off

"The radiation thread: an emergency in the making" panel discussion by Harsaran Bir Kaur at india habitat centre Lodhi road 7p.m on 24th july 2013

[Moderator Note: Thread title edited.]

Comments

• a bit typo error ** " the radiation threat: an emergency in the making " panel discussion by Harsaran Bir Kaur at india habitat centre, lodhi road , 7p.m on 24th July 2013

• Its very far.... a drive of 1.5 hrs..
  • can understand yet lot many discussions do come up pretty frequently though.. yesterday had gone for Amartya Sen and Jean Dreeze book launch at the same centre ..discussion 2 took place .. so was fun though

• @nishant12
    Nice initiative bro. 7PM is late I think. It'll get over by 9-10 and then the metro could screw us up.
    Open to any lecture in the daytime maybe.
    When victory is certain, even the cowards can fight.
    Brave are those who fight even when their defeat is certain.
  • edited July 2013
    well v have got one lecture from --

31th July 2013 lecture by Dr. Kartik Shanker ( IISC Banglore )on " Wagging the dog: The use and abuse of science in marine conservation of Orissa @ nehru memorial museum and library , teen murti house.. will keep u posted about the timing

• i think the lectures in teen murti house takes place in the afternoon.. had gone for Prof. Madhav Gadgil's lecture on "Democracy and ecology in contemporary india" at around 3.. so maybe hoping it does is the same this time :)

• 24th July 2013, Dr. Sindhu Radhakrishnan ( National institute of advanced studies, banglore) on "rethinking animal-human boundaries: musings of a primatologist"

• For Sociology " 29th august 2013 Prof. Viginius Xaxa ( member of NAC) on "tribal situation in contemporary india" timings will keep u posted venue -- teenu murti house

• edited July 2013
    telephone no. of nehru memorial museum and library is 011-23010666 .. plz confirm.. as far as i checked with them. they are saying that unless notified all lectures will be held at 3.pm

• well v have got one lecture from --

31th July 2013 lecture by Dr. Kartik Shanker ( IISC Banglore )on " Wagging the dog: The use and abuse of science in marine conservation of Orissa @ nehru memorial museum and library , teen murti house.. will keep u posted about the timing
    May??
  • For Sociology " 29th august 2013 Prof. Viginius Xaxa ( member of NAC) on "tribal situation in contemporary india" timings will keep u posted venue -- teenu murti house
    M interested for this.. thnxx
  • mistyped may.. actually its in july 2013 @ p.m yet plz confirm.. have given the number as well

• @prateeknsit no probs... btw v all can go there but be sure to reach before time.. i made a mistake and had to stand the whole lecture...seat's get occupied easily.. quite a rush there :(

• @sidlivestrong its in july bro.. mistyped.. regrets :(

• "Higher Education in India: Emerging Issues & Future Prospects" Discussion around the new book edited by Dr. Abraham George at Kamaladevi Block, India International Centre (IIC), Lodhi Estate > 6:30pm on 25th July 2013

M interested for this.. thnxx
    Ya me too interested in this one. Maybe we could see the teen murti bhavan after that. I visited it as a kid, they have all the Nehru memorabilia.
  • @sidlivestrong, @prateeknsit timings @ 3.p.m do reach there guys before hand else we will have to stand all throughout the lecture

• edited July 2013
    intrested as well for the sociology lecture .. keep posted :)
    *Your* tears! *Your* blood! Your *pathetic* lives forged into something of worth
  • for people outside delhi

you can access to lecture recordings held at teen murti bhavan here

http://www.nehrumemorial.org/public-lecture.php
    Mission 2018 - Final assault
  • can understand yet lot many discussions do come up pretty frequently though.. yesterday had gone for Amartya Sen and Jean Dreeze book launch at the same centre ..discussion 2 took place .. so was fun though

How was the function? And what was 'fun' there?
    I had to cancel at the last moment.
    Hope it was not like those high profile events that IHC is (in)famous for!
  • edited July 2013
    @TinTin yes the event was kind of high profile event as u said IHC is (in)famous for .. yet i found the discussion quite useful with respect to CSE 13'.. and ya v had both jean dreeze and amartya sen speaking and discussing the facts that they have penned down... so i think it was worth.. moreover.. barkha dutt was moderating afterwards...

• @prateeknsit this is the "xaxa" lecture that am talking abt .. scroll the 1st page .. was just asking ya bro

• http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-newdelhi/twoday-lecture-on-indian-art/article4984311.ece

This lecture is on Indian Art: history and apprciation. Do you think it's worth going to?
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google