We are hiring!
Visit http://go.forumias.com/changetheworld to apply now!

[IBPS PO][Backup] Which bank(s) under IBPS will not charge Bond amount, if left during Probation?

IBPS has many banks under it. What should be the order if one wants to save the bond amount by leaving the job during training period.
Kindly shed light.

Comments

• Agar IAS ki tyari karni ho toh
    1)Punjab and Sind Bank
    2)Oriental Bank of Commerce

3 mahine ki notice deni padti hai bhai...agar nahi di toh 3 mahine ki salary ekatthe deke nikal jaao.

Btw ye rule bank to bank vary karta hai...kisi kisi bank mein 1 month ka notice period rehta hai !

Personal Suggestion...agar naukri ke saath padhai karni ho toh inn dono bank ko top choice dena..! Customer dealing kam hoti hai....training period mein Urban ya semi urban posting hoti hai mostly....reason Metro ke liye pehle se line lagi hoti hai..aur..Rural branch itni kam hai inke ki ye punishment ke liye rakhte hain !

Joined last year as PO...subah 10 baje room se nikalta hu...shaam ko 6 baje wapis room pe !
  • @ButWhy?
    Super thanks. Your points are well taken.
    So minimum 3 months salary will have to be given if one opts for any bank under IBPS, right?
    There is no bank(not even Exim) in which we will not have to pay back any amount as Bond or Penalty, right?
    Your 3. Point is for PNB bhai?
  • Which are the best banks from our point of view -- less workload for preparation
    Karma - the Panacea
  • PolicyGuy said:

@ButWhy?
    Super thanks. Your points are well taken.
    So minimum 3 months salary will have to be given if one opts for any bank under IBPS, right?
    There is no bank(not even Exim) in which we will not have to pay back any amount as Bond or Penalty, right?
    Your 3. Point is for PNB bhai?

I'm sure about Punjab and Sind , Oriental Bank of commerce that there is nothing like Bond.

Baaki bank ka i dont know

• edited July 2016
    @ButWhy? dada delhi walon k lie kya sahi hoga
    As pnb etc k hq to del m hai
    So chances hote h del posting k

But jitna purana bank huge customer base> more workload> less/no tym for study

New bank> less customer base> less workload>posting away from delhi> tym to study
    > but totally cutoff from family n delhi

Kya karna chhye
    Atlst top 5-6 choices bta do
    Frm ur exp
  • edited July 2016
    @Warrior_within
    PNB and OBC hai @ButWhy? Ke hisaab se.
    Your logic sounds good too.
    New bank may mean less work but post Jan dhan even they will surely have lot of work.

I am sticking to my original query
    Throw wherever you want to, just tell me what all banks will not ask for bo nd.
    PNB and OBC till now are known, as per Butwhy.
  • PolicyGuy said:

@Warrior_within
    New bank may mean less work but post Jan dhan even they will surely have lot of work.

Pnb has 2 lakh bond
    Obc has zero
    Ps i was selected in obc this year with overall score of 60.6.had joining on 25th july but took extension till sep.
    All banks have workload as they are commercial organisation with obligation towards shareholders.po would have to work for 10 hrs atleast in most of the urban branches.
  • edited July 2016

PolicyGuy said:

@Warrior_within

Pnb has 2 lakh bond
    Obc has zero
    Ps i was selected in obc this year with overall score of 60.6.had joining on 25th july but took extension till sep.
    All banks have workload as they are commercial organisation with obligation towards shareholders.po would have to work for 10 hrs atleast in most of the urban branches.
    @ashish singh1
    Thanks.
    Can you then suggest top 5 banks which according to you will have least or no Bond amount.
    Both points are well taken.
    OBC will surely be my top choice. Would be greatful if you can shed more light on other options.
    Also, Extension generally kitne mahine ka milta sakta hai?

• How about vijaya bank?
  • Important link for all.
    http://www.bankersadda.com/2014/04/what-is-probation-and-bond-period-in_3.html

Here,
    CBI
    OBC
    BoB
    IDBI Do not have any bond mentioned.

ECGC*
    Canara*
    Corporation*
    PNB*
    Have very less, 50K/25K Bond amount mentioned.

@DOLPHIN Check.
    @ButWhy? @Warrior_within Any comments if these are then chosen as first preference?

• Thanks a lot for the inputs

For me
    1st pref would be tym for studies
    2nd Would be bond amount

As tym hi nhi milega to upsc kaise crack hoga.
    any bank which offers delhi ncr as posting
    And has comparatively less work load?

please suggest
  • Bhai, bank me bahot kaam hai, agar soch rahe ho ki kisi chhote bank me time milega ya kam bond amount wale bank me studies ho jayengi to galat hai, I have changed 3 banks in my 7 years of service but of no use. Better don't join a bank if u are under 25 and do upsc, but yes keep writing Po exam every for a backup and join when u feel u won't crack Upsc ever...
  • crez said:

Bhai, bank me bahot kaam hai, agar soch rahe ho ki kisi chhote bank me time milega ya kam bond amount wale bank me studies ho jayengi to galat hai, I have changed 3 banks in my 7 years of service but of no use. Better don't join a bank if u are under 25 and do upsc, but yes keep writing Po exam every for a backup and join when u feel u won't crack Upsc ever...

Patah nahi yeh back up ka khel kya hai, samajh hi nahi aata.
    Kabhi lagta hai join kare toh kabhi nahi.
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. Abhi kis bank mein hain aap, and if possible RBI ko review kar paenge?
    (Free Time and Energy PoV se).
  • I have worked in Bank of Baroda, PNB and currently working as a scale 2 manager in an RRB just to continue my upsc preparation. But koi fayda nhi hua, I keep writing ibps po exam every year and get selected too,this year I got bank of India through ibps, just to make sure that if I qualify prelims I would leave the job and prepare full time for mains,lekin pichle do saal se pre hi nhi nikal paa raha hai.7 ko exam hai lekin bank ne chhuti nhi di, baki bankers ka bhi yahi haal hai. I have never met a banker who worked in a bank and qualified upsc too,main to mar hi raha hun, baki bankers jo upsc karna chahte hain unka bhi yahi haal hai...
  • I am ready to believe what you are saying @crez but this is very very disappointing to hear.
    Chaliye theek hai. I am on the other side of wall, not having cleared the prelims after leaving my job I keep thinking I should get back to some job, clear one exam for satisfaction sake, even if technically financial situation itni weak nahi hai.
    Dekhte hain kya hota hai. I would like to be in touch with you.
    DM karunga after prelims. Once again thanks for the honest remarks.
  • @crez Cannot agree more to what you said. Bankers work under a atmosphere of tremendous pressure and its almost impossible to continue prep with job.
  • edited July 2016
    Is there any banker on forum who has cleared upsc without leaving his/her job?

Even private jobs are like this only, one can manage only 2-3 hrs of study that too with great difficulty. As when you come back from work> energy level 0. So what are the backup jobs( apart from banking) where one can prepare along with job.

Isthe job of ibps rrb also as stressful as ibps po?

• Is there any banker on forum who has cleared upsc without leaving his/her job?

Even private jobs are like this only, one can manage only 2-3 hrs of study that too with great difficulty. As when you come back from work> energy level 0. So what are the backup jobs( apart from banking) where one can prepare along with job.

Isthe job of ibps rrb also as stressful as ibps po?

Not here at forum but personally i know someone who had got rank in 800s while working with sbi
    Karma - the Panacea
  • If you are a serious aspirants then I will suggest you to join in clerical cadre instead of po. You will be able to squeeze enough time for your preparations.
  • I worked for idbi for for 4 months.quit the job 3 months before mains.unfortunately i failed to qualify mains got 660 in gen cat.
    This again i have cleared ibps got obc po,right now on extension but would not join most probably. God willing i hope i dont have to adopt this strategy again,it has become a big mental problem for me.

Also waiting for lic aao and FCI mt results
  • In one line-
    "if you have courage to see your CSE dream being murdered before you and you are helpless to to stop then join bank"

Join bank when you exhaust your attempt or age 28+ that to if you have very critical condition.

Kisi ne bank join kiya to goli maar dunga :D

Agar financial problem hai to best hai ki tution or coaching 2-4 hours padha lo...5-6 thousand mil jayenge itne mein aapna kharcha chal jayega.
  • edited July 2016
    Thanks a lot for the inputs.
    It seems banking industry=Pvt sector, as work load is nearly same.
    But in my organisation they call us on every saturday( despite it being an off) So time is a big problem.
    @Donald11 thanks a lot sir, this still is a better option than pvt sector or working as a po.

The main problem is:
    When we are a working professional, we want to leave our job and prepare with full focus.
    and
    When we are sitting at home without job then we want to work.( jo bhi mil jaye types)

As motivation is a big problem.

How are SSC level jobs?
  • I don;t know job k sth clear ho bhi payga ya nhi
  • Tikku said:

In one line-
    "if you have courage to see your CSE dream being murdered before you and you are helpless to to stop then join bank"

Join bank when you exhaust your attempt or age 28+ that to if you have very critical condition.

Kisi ne bank join kiya to goli maar dunga :D

Agar financial problem hai to best hai ki tution or coaching 2-4 hours padha lo...5-6 thousand mil jayenge itne mein aapna kharcha chal jayega.

:D :D :D
    Karma - the Panacea
  • Thanks a lot for the inputs.
    It seems banking industry=Pvt sector, as work load is nearly same.
    But in my organisation they call us on every saturday( despite it being an off) So time is a big problem.
    @Donald11 thanks a lot sir, this still is a better option than pvt sector or working as a po.

The main problem is:
    When we are a working professional, we want to leave our job and prepare with full focus.
    and
    When we are sitting at home without job then we want to work.( jo bhi mil jaye types)

As motivation is a big problem.

How are SSC level jobs?

I was in syndicate bank for 15 Months and then in SBI Associate for over an year...both as an PO...now in SSC 4200 GP...bahut jyada difference h...Time hi time h...Kaam h but easily ho jata h...No Major Public dealing...rather than going for PO...as an Backup...try for SSC although ab SSC clear karna mushkil h but given that You have cleared IBPS...u have what it takes to get a decent post in SSC.

• @Jai Sharma
    So abhi posted in Delhi?
  • Thanks @Tikku Which bank are you in?
  • PolicyGuy said:

@Jai Sharma
    So abhi posted in Delhi?

nope... i am posted in Gujarat
  • One more thing, bank management is almost inhumane. If they come to know that u r doing Civils they would certainly disturb u, u will be transferred frequently, put in unfavorable postings so that u won't study. They think how come a bank officer become an IAS. Never let them know that u r preparing for civils.

In this month itself I wrote Bihar PCS mains, u won't believe they didn't give me leave of a single day even despite knowing that a State pcs mains need some sort of preparation.I wrote all my papers without leave and leave was sanctioned for exam dates only.

This is what a bank job is about. I am not demotivating anyone, a bank PO job comes with a lucrative salary and emoluments.One should fix his priorities..
  • crez said:

One more thing, bank management is almost inhumane. If they come to know that u r doing Civils they would certainly disturb u, u will be transferred frequently, put in unfavorable postings so that u won't study. They think how come a bank officer become an IAS. Never let them know that u r preparing for civils.

In this month itself I wrote Bihar PCS mains, u won't believe they didn't give me leave of a single day even despite knowing that a State pcs mains need some sort of preparation.I wrote all my papers without leave and leave was sanctioned for exam dates only.

This is what a bank job is about. I am not demotivating anyone, a bank PO job comes with a lucrative salary and emoluments.One should fix his priorities..

Achhe bure log har jagah hote h,,,but when u enter PSB...lagta h ek sath itne ghatiya logg ek hi jagah kaise ho sakte h...they can be of the level of AGM or DGM...but baat karni ki tameez bahut kam ko h...
Sign In or Join to comment.

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google