Kimberley Process Intersessional Meeting 2019 in Mumbai SVEEP Nodal Officers from across the country meet to deliberate upon the blueprint for the next five years Cross-border data movement under new law may be allowed on basis of reciprocity: Prasad Cabinet approves New Delhi International Arbitration Centre Bill,2019 Trade deficit widens to $15.36 bn in May
ANSWER WRITING GROUP (AWG) 2019
ForumIAS AWG 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 8th June | 9 AM.   CLICK HERE to know more and apply.
Ethics+ Batch 2 for CSE 2019
Starts 12th June, 2019Register Here
COMPREHENSIVE GUIDANCE PROGRAM 2020
ForumIAS CGP 2020 Program commences from May 15th, 2019. CLICK HERE to know more and apply. Or email us on admissions@forumias.academy to know more
We are hiring!

Prof. HC Gupta Sir Board: After Interview discussion

Kindly please share your overall experience and marks you are expecting out. For now, we are dark how Prof. would give marks.
Aspirants giving interview for second or third time ,please do try to compare this year interview with previous experiences, post marks of previous attempts.
Thank you.

Experience:
Expecting marks:
Interview Attempt Number :
Previous attempt: Board and Score:
Opinion:

PS: Prof. will be sitting in PT board as chariman in 2016 also.
Capture.PNG
605 x 36 - 4K
Preliminary=4 ; Main=3; PT= 2 ; Recommended=1 cse2015 The End

Comments

• Jeevan Main Ek Sitara Tha
    Maana Vah Behad Pyara Tha
    Vah Doob Gaya To Doob Gaya
    Ambar Kay Aanan Ko Dekho
    Kitne Iskay Taare Toote
    Kitne Iskay Pyare Choote
    Jo Choot Gaye Fir Kahan Mile
    Par Bolo Toote Taaron Par
    Kab Ambar Shok Manata Hai
    Jo Beet Gayi So Baat Gayi

Jeevan Main Vah Tha Ek Kusum
    They Us Par Nitya Nichavar Tum
    Vah Sookh Gaya TO Sookh Gaya
    Madhuvan Ki Chaati Ko Dekho
    Sookhi Kitni Iski Kaliyan
    Murjhaayi Kitni ballriyan
    Jo Murjhayi Woh Fir Kahan Khili
    Par Bolo Sookhe Phoolon Par
    Kab Madhuban Shor Machata hai
    Jo Beet Gayi So Bat Gayi

jeevan Main Madhu Ka Pyala Tha
    Tumnay Tan Man De Daala Tha
    Wah Toot Gaya To Toot Gaya
    Madiralya Kay Aangan Ko Dekho
    Kitne Pyale Hil Jaate Hain
    Gir Mitti Main Mil Jaate Hain
    Jo Girte Hain Kab Uthte Hain
    Par Bolo Toote Pyalo Par
    Kab Madiralaya Pachtata Hai

Mridu Mitti Kay Hain Bane Hue
    Madhu Ghoot Phoota Hi Kartay Hain
    Laghu Jeevan Lekar Aaye Hain
    Pyale Toota Hi Karte Hain
    Fir Bhi Madiralaya Kay Andar
    Madhu Kay Ghat Hai Madhu Pyale Hain
    Jo Madakta Kay Maare Hain
    Vey Madhu Loota Hi Kartay Hain
    Va Kachcha Peene Wala Hai
    Jiski Mamta Ghat Pyalon Par
    Jo Sachchey Madhu Sey Jala Hua
    Kab Rota Hai Chillata Hai
    कर लेते है बर्दाश्त हर दर्द इसी आस के साथ,
    कि खुदा नूर भी बरसाता है, आज़माइशो के बाद........
  • Kindly please share your overall experience and marks you are expecting out. For now, we are dark how Prof. would give marks.
    Aspirants giving interview for second or third time ,please do try to compare this year interview with previous experiences, post marks of previous attempts.
    Thank you.

Experience: Average
    Expecting marks: Expectation reduces joy.
    Interview Attempt Number: 2nd
    Previous attempt: Board and Score: 2014 Prof. David 151
    Opinion:
    Hopefully merit will be rewarded.

PS: Prof. will be sitting in PT board as chariman in 2016 also.
  • Jeevan Main Ek Sitara Tha
    Maana Vah Behad Pyara Tha
    Vah Doob Gaya To Doob Gaya
    Ambar Kay Aanan Ko Dekho
    Kitne Iskay Taare Toote
    Kitne Iskay Pyare Choote
    Jo Choot Gaye Fir Kahan Mile
    Par Bolo Toote Taaron Par
    Kab Ambar Shok Manata Hai

Jeevan Main Vah Tha Ek Kusum
    They Us Par Nitya Nichavar Tum
    Vah Sookh Gaya TO Sookh Gaya
    Madhuvan Ki Chaati Ko Dekho
    Sookhi Kitni Iski Kaliyan
    Murjhaayi Kitni ballriyan
    Jo Murjhayi Woh Fir Kahan Khili
    Par Bolo Sookhe Phoolon Par
    Kab Madhuban Shor Machata hai
    Jo Beet Gayi So Bat Gayi

jeevan Main Madhu Ka Pyala Tha
    Tumnay Tan Man De Daala Tha
    Wah Toot Gaya To Toot Gaya
    Madiralya Kay Aangan Ko Dekho
    Kitne Pyale Hil Jaate Hain
    Gir Mitti Main Mil Jaate Hain
    Jo Girte Hain Kab Uthte Hain
    Par Bolo Toote Pyalo Par
    Kab Madiralaya Pachtata Hai

Mridu Mitti Kay Hain Bane Hue
    Madhu Ghoot Phoota Hi Kartay Hain
    Laghu Jeevan Lekar Aaye Hain
    Pyale Toota Hi Karte Hain
    Fir Bhi Madiralaya Kay Andar
    Madhu Kay Ghat Hai Madhu Pyale Hain
    Jo Madakta Kay Maare Hain
    Vey Madhu Loota Hi Kartay Hain
    Va Kachcha Peene Wala Hai
    Jiski Mamta Ghat Pyalon Par
    Jo Sachchey Madhu Sey Jala Hua
    Kab Rota Hai Chillata Hai
    @doodlebean
    =D> =D>

:-?? :-?? :-?? Translation bilkul chahiye :)
  • Being an IIT professor, and a senior one at that, we would all agree that Guptaji has seen his share of the world and its people. At the level of experience he and other members of the board have, it’s very likely that they get a good insight into your personality in the first 10 minutes of your interview. Your confidence, composure, your tone of voice, your eye contact, the way you speak and sit, all go into making this assessment. Getting factual answers right or wrong, is important to the extent that you are trying to bluff deliberately or concede respectfully what you are not aware of, or not. For your behavior in the interview, will be considered a good predictor of how you would behave in various situations at work. Is that becoming of a senior civil servant or not, is what the question is.

I have been in HR for a long time, and while hiring, we assess people for specific traits which are required for the job at hand, rather than their knowledge at large. I can't imagine why UPSC interviews would be any different. So people who are surprised at their actual interview scores (high or low), should be well reminded again that this is called 'Personality test' and not interview for a reason. Questions I ask an experienced person would be different from those that I ask from a relatively fresh graduate. The aim in both the interview formats is the same nonetheless.

It is difficult to assess your own performance accurately. Your own perception on what should be considered a good / bad interview performance is very likely to be different from theirs. Even the seemingly innocuous questions are meant to assess you on something they want to confirm or reject.

In conclusion, think more about the overall impression you made, rather than getting a few questions wrong. Attempting to put marks on the experience is futile. If you think everyone liked you, you are probably good.
  • +10000
  • edited June 2015

Experience: Got grilled for not having read newspaper of that day thoroughly. (Totally my mistake; but who remembers name of all the 15 examinations that have been canceled this year!) I was scolded for having left a good job etc, and sir was not ready to be convinced by any explanation I gave. (May be he was convinced, but was just trying to check my composure.) Interaction with other members were fine and mostly based on DAF and related stuff.

Expecting marks: 180 (but mind plays tricks, and life is full of twists and turns. :-P )
    Interview Attempt Number : 1
    Previous attempt: Board and Score: n/a

Opinion:
    Some of the topics in my DAF, which I felt were too interesting to not be asked, --and were indeed asked in all the mocks thoroughly-- elicited only cursory remarks in the actual interview.
    And one lifetime lesson- Read newspaper thoroughly everyday, no matter what happens!
    Faith in Murphy's law restored. "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." :-)
    “The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.”
    ― Napoleon Hill
  • Experience: After seeing the DAF CM showed some curiosity. But, I couldnt recall answers to some factual questions. Then pointed towards reasons optional selection and few questions on Current affairs-factual as well as opinion. Continuously interrupted. Showed lack of interest and worked on computer when other members were asking questions.
    Expecting marks: 160-175
    Opinion: Chairman was aggressive (We are not supposed to react in the same way). I have "faith" that Prof way of marking would be decent . I still believe i dint ruin or perform bad. Hoping for the best.
  • edited June 2015
    I think I may have killed this thread inadvertently. Please do continue to discuss your experience and expectations here. For fun if nothing else.

I personally had an experience much different from expected. The questions I was asked were very general and I felt anyone could have answered them without much preparation. Mostly they were trying to understand if I understood the challenges in moving to a job in civil services after having a successful international career in private sector. I was told that private sector is relatively hassle free, one works a 9-6 shift and does not have to deal with politicians' vagaries, and I spent half the interview justifying my decision to attempt this exam. 2 factual questions in total were asked. Rest was all about understanding what different services entail, some discussion about changes in tax regime, e-commerce companies & their strategy and my comments on the Bastar IAS deciding to not wear the appropriate dress when receiving PM. I couldn't make heads or tails of how my interview went.
    :-SS
  • Why no one is discussing Alka Sirohi ?
    Indian Foreign Service | Career Diplomat
  • Prof. HC Gupta is quite kanjoos in giving marks but will open his heart for deserving candidates. So guys chill ...
    @mango_dolly ,

Did u "Again" got AS??

Is Yes, How was the 'encounter' this time?
  • edited June 2015
    Why no one is discussing Alka Sirohi ?
    @mango_dolly ,

Did u "Again" got AS??

Is Yes, How was the 'encounter' this time?
    Yes ..

slightly(emphasis) better than last time .. but I am worried about how much she will give .. last time she gave me 160/275 .. I just hope and pray to god that she should have given me better marks this year ..

Does "being in service" factor help ? Last time I was not but this time I told her I am in service and she was "Oh okies.. which service" and then she asked couple of questions on that ..

my transcript .. on this thread: http://forumias.com/discussion/9148/daily-interview-transcripts-2015-no-discussions/p7
    Indian Foreign Service | Career Diplomat
    yes....indeed Why???

• edited June 2015
    According to his online biodata, Guptaji topped the university at Graduate and post Graduate level. And he was in the board's merit list in highschool and XIIth. I doubt if there are many on the forum who know how big being on the board merit list in UP was about 10 years back. This was before students got all perfect and started scoring 99% in droves across boards.

I think Ms. Sirohi's profile would be similar. Academic super-achievers are more likely to be hawks than doves in awarding marks for their exacting standards. I just hope he was not too stringent in judging me, an academic retard. :)
  • Expecting marks: 160-180
    Experience and opinion: I recently passed out from the same institute where prof Gupta Ji taught. I was afraid I might not stand up to his expectations. Cm asked me very general questions ( Spic Macay and other stuffs- part of my daf). He seemed interested in listening to my answers. Remaining members only asked opinion based questions. There was not much in my daf to ask from ( I guess). Prof joined one of the members when he was trying to grill me. But they smiled at the end. Overall good experience but not sure as they sat expressionless for most of the time.
  • Kisi ko kuch pata hai ki H C GUPTA Sir UP mein kaunse area ko belong karte hai. ..
  • edited June 2015
    @doodlebean Lucknow university se padhai ki hai to uske aas paas se hi honge.
  • @doodlebean Lucknow university se padhai ki hai to uske aas paas se hi honge.
    Mujhe laga western up... Kaafi jaante the wo mere home district aur uske aas paas ke baare mein.
  • CCS University me VC bhi the kuch mahino ke liye. Aise jaante honge. Are you from Meerut or Saharanpur district?

• CCS University me VC bhi the kuch mahino ke liye. Aise jaante honge. Are you from Meerut or Saharanpur district?

Nopes.

• @doodlebean Lucknow university se padhai ki hai to uske aas paas se hi honge.
    Mujhe laga western up... Kaafi jaante the wo mere home district aur uske aas paas ke baare mein.
    Woh mere school ke baare mein bhi kaafi kuch jaante the, specially the parts which are not available on the internet. For eg. There is a 'shamshanghat' next to my school, he asked does it affect the children???

This information is normally not available in public domains. One gets to know this when he/she has been to that place personally or known people in the area.

PS. I belong to delhi

• Experience : not bad. Chairman not interested.
    Expected : 160 to 180.
    attempt : first.
    CSE 2014 / First Attempt / Interview.
    CSE 2015 - sigh. here i come.
  • Experience : Good
    Expected : 180+
    attempt : first
    Opinion: Contrary to experience shared by others here I was not grilled at all. all questions were from DAF for which i was decently prepared. couldn't answer many questions but overall i handled the diversity of questions well and remained confident during the interview.
  • who all are d lucky ones frm here... im not though!!!
  • edited July 2015
    I'm not too. When will we get detail scores?? :(
  • Not in, but can't attribute my failure to HC Gupta board interview - I did very badly in mains :(
    CSE 2014 / First Attempt / Interview.
    CSE 2015 - sigh. here i come.
  • I m in, but suspecting he might have given comparatively low marks
Sign In or Join to comment.
Success Stories from Our Toppers
Minal Karanwal(AIR-35)- CSE 2018
Naveen Reddy(AIR-1)- IFoS 2018
Arushi Mishra(AIR-2) - IFoS 2018
Chirag Jain(AIR-10) - IFoS 2018
Kshitij Saxena(AIR-22) - IFoS 2018
Sumit Rai (AIR-54) - CSE 2018
Anuraj Jain (AIR-24) - CSE 2018

Must Read Articles From Blog
Trend Analysis of UPSC CSE Prelims from 2011-18
How Yo_Yo_Choti_Singh Improved His Writing Speed
How to clear Civil Services with a TOP Rank and AVOID exhausting attempts

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google