ForumIAS Open Test 1: Results will be declared by 9PM, 12 th December.
Candidates can write Test till 2PM , 12th December by visiting Center or online by Clicking here Your OMR sheets are being manually evaluated.

Thinking to quit the upsc

I failed in upsc mains since two years, got 597, and 702 in 2015/16 respectively. This time I performed very badly in mains. So decided to quit upsc. All the best to every one for their future.

Comments

• edited November 30
    imameazam said:

I failed in upsc mains since two years, got 597, and 702 in 2015/16 respectively. This time I performed very badly in mains. So decided to quit upsc. All the best to every one for their future.

See you in a better world!
  • Congratulations!

Godspeed
  • imameazam said:

Bilkul sahibdecision liya.
  • imameazam said:

All the best to you too
  • Dear i had the same story but carried on and now i am training in Lbsnaa as ips
  • Dear i had the same story but carried on and now i am training in Lbsnaa as ips

+100
    Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.
    well, in the end, it is all about Success.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIp5Tfkgwf4
    Avoid forum if u wanna clear cse.
  • @imameazam so after 2 failures in mains and one bad mains, now you are more close to success & ahead of lakhs of student in knowing ''what doesn't work in getting good marks in mains".

One student failed in 3 interviews, succeeded in 4th attempt and now he is IAS in J&K cadre. Recent example Anand Vardhan, many similar cases are there. What is stopping you ?

You just need to take a break and come back with more positive energy.
  • Quit karna solution nahi mindset hota hai
    Problem ko front se deal karo chahe jaaha raho ya kuch bhi karo problem to aayegi

• Never give up until the game is over... u might be thinking u that u have given ur mains this time badly, what if the the examiner thinks otherwise.... mains is highly subjective and there is always a possibility of clearing thought we think v have fated badly!! Keep up ur hopes!! Stay strong
  • tu abhi hara nahi............... jag abhi jeeta nahi..................
  • imameazam said:

Bhai agar Gen nahi ho to quit mat karo, agar Gen ho to ek baar aur de do acche se .. give at least 60% of your time to optional and essay ..
    बने पुजारी प्रेमी साकी, गंगाजल पावन हाला,
    रहे फेरता अविरत गति से मधु के प्यालों की माला'
    'और लिये जा, और पीये जा', इसी मंत्र का जाप करे'
    मैं शिव की प्रतिमा बन बैठूं, मंदिर हो यह मधुशाला ।
  • "Never give up" is just a quote. If for even a single moment you think that you can do something more meaningful with your life, quit the preparation. It's really unwise to place a bet on your carrier if you're 27+ in age. Work on a solid backup,and I don't mean short term carrier like copy checking at an institute but a long term carrier plan and make CSE a secondary choice. The pattern of exam is really conducive now for working aspirants. I was in the same dilemma 9 months back when my mains results were to be announced. I started working full-time on my alternative carrier but luckily got in. More than anything this exam gives you a false sense of complacency and superiority,that you are doing something which an ordinary person can't do. While the truth is after three years of preparation neither you are adding anything to your knowledge nor to the family or society. Deep down we know it ourselves, just not accept it overtly.
  • imameazam said:

Sorry to hear about you.
    This is one fear we all have to live with . what if we dont make it despite all our efforts. despite working hard. despite being better than a lot of people who make it.

but that is how the exam is designed. its not the toughness or the competition that makes us afraid. it is the unpredictable nature of the exam.

having said that, i would really advice you to ( advice may be a wrong word, since i am no one to advice you, given i am not in the final list myself, while everyone, often equally or less competent, around me is. )

- figure out why you are performing poorly
    - speed problem or knowlegde problem or both
    - how to solve that problem
    - do you have positive people or negative people or none around you
    - have you shown your answers to someone? if you dont mind, i can review your answer for once. i dont know much about upsc, but this much i know that if you structure your answer well, and write it pointwise or paragraphwise - doesnt matter - but write in a structured manner - you will get above average marks to clear the mains and reach the interview round.

I have not cleared the interview myself, so i may not be competent to guide you over "how to become IAS"

• Encouragement,motivation etc are required for first and second attempters. After that you got to be realistic. I know people who cleared it in their fifth or sixth attempts having appeared in four consecutive interviews. They didn't quit the preparation but were already in high paying permanent jobs. If they had failed in sixth attempt ( which is mighty possible), they could still get on with their lives, feel sorry for one or two years, and then focus on their family and carrier. This cushion is absent for those kept reading inspirational quotes till their sixth attempt. All the best for your future endeavours
  • If you have age/attempt left, give one in 2019. A sabbatical helps sometimes!!
  • "Never give up" is just a quote. If for even a single moment you think that you can do something more meaningful with your life, quit the preparation. It's really unwise to place a bet on your carrier if you're 27+ in age. Work on a solid backup,and I don't mean short term carrier like copy checking at an institute but a long term carrier plan and make CSE a secondary choice. The pattern of exam is really conducive now for working aspirants. I was in the same dilemma 9 months back when my mains results were to be announced. I started working full-time on my alternative carrier but luckily got in. More than anything this exam gives you a false sense of complacency and superiority,that you are doing something which an ordinary person can't do. While the truth is after three years of preparation neither you are adding anything to your knowledge nor to the family or society. Deep down we know it ourselves, just not accept it overtly.

+1

Take upsc as a long term goal now.

Plan and execute the preparation for two or three years depending on your situation. Prepare like a crazy mad person. Exams should become a formality, your rank should be decided the moment you finish your preparation.

Meanwhile also work on a career path which will make you happy mentally and monetarily.

If you feel no attachment with upsc, just leave it. Hop on to another train towards your destiny.

Hardwork will take you everywhere you want. Just keep working harder and harder. You will go places and be a happy person.
    Saw the passion in my vulnerabilities? Now see the strength in my resolution.
  • imameazam said:

Bhai agar Gen nahi ho to quit mat karo, agar Gen ho to ek baar aur de do acche se .. give at least 60% of your time to optional and essay ..
    Bhai aap sab laundo ko IAS bana rahe kya h is papi post me?
    I don't find anythinh in it
    Its over hyped exam :mrgreen:
  • anjus said:

imameazam said:

Sorry to hear about you.
    This is one fear we all have to live with . what if we dont make it despite all our efforts. despite working hard. despite being better than a lot of people who make it.

but that is how the exam is designed. its not the toughness or the competition that makes us afraid. it is the unpredictable nature of the exam.

having said that, i would really advice you to ( advice may be a wrong word, since i am no one to advice you, given i am not in the final list myself, while everyone, often equally or less competent, around me is. )

- have you shown your answers to someone? if you dont mind, i can review your answer for once. i dont know much about upsc, but this much i know that if you structure your answer well, and write it pointwise or paragraphwise - doesnt matter - but write in a structured manner - you will get above average marks to clear the mains and reach the interview round.

I have not cleared the interview myself, so i may not be competent to guide you over "how to become IAS"

See madam kitti insecure hai. Advice hi nahi de pa rahi
  • JAGRUN said:

imameazam said:

Bhai aap sab laundo ko IAS bana rahe kya h is papi post me?
    I don't find anythinh in it
    Its over hyped exam :mrgreen:
    Kuch nahi Hai. Jab SE alternate career path ke Saath upsc prepare Kar Raha hu. Dil me sukoon hi sukoon Hai. :)
    Saw the passion in my vulnerabilities? Now see the strength in my resolution.

+1

Take upsc as a long term goal now.

Plan and execute the preparation for two or three years depending on your situation. Prepare like a crazy mad person. Exams should become a formality, your rank should be decided the moment you finish your preparation.

Meanwhile also work on a career path which will make you happy mentally and monetarily.

If you feel no attachment with upsc, just leave it. Hop on to another train towards your destiny.

Hardwork will take you everywhere you want. Just keep working harder and harder. You will go places and be a happy person.
    For preparing like a mad person, there shud be something who is excruciating you
    If u find that, u ll find a seat or rank

For me, its just another job

Let's give this man a slow clap
    Very genuine advice
  • Kahan bhi mahaul dikhe, aa jate hain sab bakar karne.. :naughty:

Exactly. After 2-3 years 2nd career is a must, dont just go from 21 to 30 but plan the if you get in and if you do not parts of the story. This exam kills not one but two years due to the pattern. Also there is not much to gain by sitting unless you have a family backup and a sound mind that can take being idle.
    If nothing enroll for some distance learning degree.
    I have a friend who gave 2 interviews in two attempts both times less than 12 marks betwen him and the list. He did not apply this year and went on to get a job. Your good college tag also fades away after some time. So do not play with many years of your youth.
    With present position you can surely manage to study even after working then leave when mains are near. Choose work profile accordingly. Tc

+1000.
  • edited November 30

Kahan bhi mahaul dikhe, aa jate hain sab bakar karne.. :naughty:

tumhari profile pic dekhta hu toh ek alg feeling aati he.........mtlb me jb tumhara comment pdta hu toh bacche ke aawaj me pdta....hahaha....detective conan shi anime tha :mrgreen:
    signature
  • JAGRUN said:

anjus said:

imameazam said:

Sorry to hear about you.

What do you mean to say?

+1
  • anjus said:

JAGRUN said:

anjus said:

imameazam said:

Sorry to hear about you.

What do you mean to say?
    Self doubt, assess oneself according to upsc
  • Kahan bhi mahaul dikhe, aa jate hain sab bakar karne.. :naughty:

tumhari profile pic dekhta hu toh ek alg feeling aati he.........mtlb me jb tumhara comment pdta hu toh bacche ke aawaj me pdta....hahaha....detective conan shi anime tha :mrgreen:
    Chalo koi baat nahi hum bachhe hi thik hain.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog