ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

WB PSC (WBCS) Corner - Preparation & Strategy

edited September 2015 in State PSC
Candidates from WB post your views & Strategy for WBCS Exam...emphasis on New topics such as Science & Technology ,RBI ,Environment ...
·

Comments

• WBCS Preli results are out a week ago. Any one knows when will the mains be held?
    Experience the joy of learning..
    ·
  • last week of December ...
    ·
  • edited November 2014
    last week of December ...
    Where did you get this info? Any link, if you have? Do we have to fill DAF or something like civil services main before that?
    ·
  • edited November 2014
    hello..very much glad to see this thread over here...am frm central howrah..can u plz suggest me the tentative date fr wbcs main 2014 !
    ·
  • preferably from 22nd dec...no DAF
    anyone wid geography optional here?

·
  • It should be within 31 st december as history says that mains completed within that year....Lets hope so
    ·
  • Here am with anthropology ....don't know what about to happened in main but be assured that it gonna be start from 22nd...May be surprises awaiting ...
    ·
  • Am here with history optional.. Still covering world history and post independence India. For CSE Mains and BCS Mains simultaneously..
    ·
  • edited November 2014
    my optnl would b pol sc.
    ·
  • what would be the pattern of qstns in optional? is it like previous yr or smthing like analytical qstns r comng ths yr ?
    nd mrover can u, my frnds, plz suggest me whthr the grammar like sondhi bichhed, somas, protyoy etc can b seen in bengali paper or nt.
    ·
  • what would be the pattern of qstns in optional? is it like previous yr or smthing like analytical qstns r comng ths yr ?
    nd mrover can u, my frnds, plz suggest me whthr the grammar like sondhi bichhed, somas, protyoy etc can b seen in bengali paper or nt.
    Yes, they will be there for sure as compulsory papers are subjective. BTW can anyone please suggest me a book to read the bengali grammar portion from especially, the 'sar-mormo' portion which I feel difficult.
    ·
  • fr sarmormo you hv to find out the mormo frst then hv to wrt the sar.
    jokes apart my frnd,u can consult any bengali old gram book..
    ·
  • TY :-) @simplesom

·
  • It should be within 31 st december as history says that mains completed within that year....Lets hope so
    Does that mean Mains will be over in the same year even if Prelims are conducted very late. THis year prelims were held in August. I do not have any idea about previous years though :-)
    ·
  • is it possible to arrange exam during the vacation of 25 th dec..and arnd?
    even reslt of 2013 main is stl awaiting.
    pt of 2012 grp c nd d is going on.
    ths is wb psc. !!!
    aathero mase bochhor
    ·
  • @ Ashu i am too new in WBCS ..

·
  • gd evening everyone !
    how is ur prep going on?
    ·
  • preparing for both mains exam simultaneously... :-) while one is mostly dynamic and current affairs based, the other is mostly static and book-based. So need to study in an integrated way.. very less time @-)
    ·
  • For Bangali grammar section follow previous year question paper along with Bamandev Cakroborty ...
    ·
  • @thank you. One of this year's topper has also mentioned the same
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google