How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

Happy Mother's Day

In the heat of preparation most of us neglect our social ties and stay cocooned in our homes or accos in coaching towns.

I also stayed anonymous for around 2.5 years thinking towing the popular line that it somehow assists in preparation. But I was wrong. Once I came out of the self imposed asylum and reworked my family, friendship and social ties, I realized that it is a support system instead of being a drag. Family and friends encourage you and catch if you fall.

And this thought was strengthened when recently my grandmother was lost to heavens. I realized how much I miss her and I could easily have interacted more with her during preparation years without affecting prep. Thus this odd thread.

------------------------

A very happy mother's day to all aspirants.

God bless your mother who gave birth to a fighter spirited soul. All the best for preparation. :smile:

@root @ForumIAS Can this thread be made an announcement just for today? Please.

Comments

• Good initiative @Indian_Cheetah.... Happy mother's day to all.... The biggest gift to mankind...
    When the going gets tough, the tough gets going :)
  • This is all corporate bullshit. For me everyday's mother's day.
  • IASS said:

This is all corporate bullshit. For me everyday's mother's day.

So is every other festival.

• edited May 13
    Sab bakwas hindustani ithihas mein mothers day naam ka kauchu nahi hai yeh sab angrezi thohar mana chodo dil se do izzat maa ko. Kitne dete hai dil se hum sab jaante hai

root note: Account suspended for posting obscene images
  • Happy mother's day to all forumites. Very relevant thread.... It matters.
    "When life ends up breathtakingly fucked, you can generally trace it back to ONE BIG BAD DECISION. The one which sent you down the road to Shitsberg". -Deadpool
  • Happy Mothers day ma :)
  • Happy mother's day to all.
    I didn't choose the skuxx life, the skuxx life chose me...
  • IASS said:

This is all corporate bullshit. For me everyday's mother's day.

Is everyday Monday, or a full moon day, or Diwali or Christmas ??
    There will definitely be days on which you will be mad at your mum. But today you can show unbridled love and respect to her. For a reason.
    I didn't choose the skuxx life, the skuxx life chose me...
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog