How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

15600 payband services

Are all services staffed thru Civil Services exam in payband of 15600? I have an exam coming up for a job in this payband with 3 year probation at the base of scale. I am in double mind about devoting my time to it. Are AFHQ and IOFB jobs in the same scale?

Comments

• Are all services staffed thru Civil Services exam in payband of 15600? I have an exam coming up for a job in this payband with 3 year probation at the base of scale. I am in double mind about devoting my time to it. Are AFHQ and IOFB jobs in the same scale?

AFHQ - Group B ( Gazetted ) - GP - 4800
    IOFS - Group A ( Gazetted ) - GP - 5400
    Lost But Won .
  • Are all services staffed thru Civil Services exam in payband of 15600? I have an exam coming up for a job in this payband with 3 year probation at the base of scale. I am in double mind about devoting my time to it. Are AFHQ and IOFB jobs in the same scale?

Are all services staffed thru Civil Services exam in payband of 15600? I have an exam coming up for a job in this payband with 3 year probation at the base of scale. I am in double mind about devoting my time to it. Are AFHQ and IOFB jobs in the same scale?

See, there is a concept of Organized Group A services in center. Not all Group A services having pay band 15600+5400 are organized, like APFC, Assistant Commandant CAPF etc are not organized group A. The people of Organized Group A services get dynamic ACP and reach to the scale of 37400+8700 after 13 years of service, ie. three financial promotions, while it will take 20-22 years in AFHQ and around 14-26 years in Group A services which are not organised.
    IOFS is a organized group A service. So, if the exam which you are giving is for any organized group A service, then it is better than AFHQ.
  • mimansa said:

See, there is a concept of Organized Group A services in center. Not all Group A services having pay band 15600+5400 are organized, like APFC, Assistant Commandant CAPF etc are not organized group A. The people of Organized Group A services get dynamic ACP and reach to the scale of 37400+8700 after 13 years of service, ie. three financial promotions, while it will take 20-22 years in AFHQ and around 14-26 years in Group A services which are not organised.
    IOFS is a organized group A service. So, if the exam which you are giving is for any organized group A service, then it is better than AFHQ.
    ok thanks
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog