ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Unique Shiksha - Free Interview Guidance and Q&A Session withEx-UPSC Chairman, Prof. DP Agrawal
on 18th feb (Sunday) at 11:30 AM . Interview session attendees will get free Mock Interview along with e- book.
Details & Registration Call Tel. No :- 8287360360 ,
Enroll here:- www.uniqueshiksha.com/igp

Choosing language of answer writing for paper I to paper V and optional papers (paper VI and VII)

In the form,
there are separate options to choose language for answer writing for paper I to paper V and optional paper (paper VI and VII) even if the optional is 'NOT' a literature subject.
Does that mean we can opt for different languages for writing answers of essay and GS papers and for optional papers?

Comments

• You have to choose same language for all papers, except literature optional, which has to be written in literature language
  • naughty said:

You have to choose same language for all papers, except literature optional, which has to be written in literature language

But the form proceeds with different languages for GS (in Marathi) and Optional (Management in English).
    Will that be a problem if I choose this way?
    This kind of selection was not available last year.
  • Talked to UPSC help centre
    The person said, "It is not a glitch and we are making this option available this year. Are you happy or not? "
  • Talked to UPSC help centre
    The person said, "It is not a glitch and we are making this option available this year. Are you happy or not? "

within 7 month how anyone can change writing language..?? UPSC is shit organisation..they should have to inform about changes before year..
  • edited February 8

Talked to UPSC help centre

within 7 month how anyone can change writing language..?? UPSC is shit organisation..they should have to inform about changes before year..
    In that case you can keep up with whichever language you were using while preparing.
    There are cases (like me) who have not touched the optional yet and hence can accommodate the change.
  • In the form,
    there are separate options to choose language for answer writing for paper I to paper V and optional paper (paper VI and VII) even if the optional is 'NOT' a literature subject.
    Does that mean we can opt for different languages for writing answers of essay and GS papers and for optional papers?

Just to confirm, if anyone has optional say, Hindi literature, they can answer gs1-4 in english and only use hindi for their optional? @animator2189 bhai please confirm this.
  • rahulsri said:

In the form,

Just to confirm, if anyone has optional say, Hindi literature, they can answer gs1-4 in english and only use hindi for their optional? @animator2189 bhai please confirm this.
    That is what is interpreted from the notification (page 23 note iii ) and the person at UPSC with whom I talked.
    Better try to call on one of the numbers on page 1 of notification and confirm with them.
    (and post it here as well)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog