How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

Revision in VACANCIES UPSC-2018. Any Chances?

782-32= 750 is the actual number of vacancy. which mean 375 approx would belong to General.
Is there any chance or had happened earlier that the vacancies had been revised?
We need space to atleast fight the battle. With unemployment at its decadal high,its inevitable that the number of applying candidates would increase.
Do posts like IAS,IPS are also perceived as JOB CREATION by our government?
Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1, Interview=0
Essay-141 , GS-396 , PSIR Optional.
Ex-Geography.

Comments

• Arey kuch batao bey?
    Ex-Geography.
  • Today, I've seen the registration ID variation of 4Lakhs already! RID generation is according to the application numbers I think. The competition is fierce and bloodbath is ahead!
    I do not think the vacancies will increase now. Lateral entry, age reduction plans are ready. J&K relaxation is gone now as a test dose. Next year se we shall see reduced age limits and vacancies in almost all government exams.

• Lion_King said:

Today, I've seen the registration ID variation of 4Lakhs already! RID generation is according to the application numbers I think. The competition is fierce and bloodbath is ahead!
    I do not think the vacancies will increase now. Lateral entry, age reduction plans are ready. J&K relaxation is gone now as a test dose. Next year se we shall see reduced age limits and vacancies in almost all government exams.

Iska kuch upaaye?
    Ex-Geography.
  • Future looks bleak
  • edited February 7
    Lion_King said:

Today, I've seen the registration ID variation of 4Lakhs already! RID generation is according to the application numbers I think. The competition is fierce and bloodbath is ahead!

So where will a normal candidate, having moderate aspirations sans a degree from some top rung institute go? If you look at the private sector, you will find extreme disparities in pay structures. They have policies where they restrict employees to reveal their salaries to other employees working at similar positions. Government exams used to be great equalizers i.e. even a topper from IIT has the same chance(s) of getting through as someone from an xyz college. Secondly, the work which private sector provides is mostly extremely redundant. People work on outsourced modules if one is from an engineering background or has to sell stuff is one is from a management background. So how can India shine if a majority of its populace is stuck in redundant jobs?
    An Ounce of Action Is Worth a Ton of Theory
  • Beuce said:

Lion_King said:

Iska kuch upaaye?
    nhi bhai is desh mein to nhi....upar se tum to geography wale ho :trollface:
  • gobardhan said:

Beuce said:

Lion_King said:

Iska kuch upaaye?
    nhi bhai is desh mein to nhi....upar se tum to geography wale ho :trollface:
    Nhai bhai maine Pol science le liya kab ka..:P ek attempt barbaad kar liya,ab aur nahi karne..:p
    Ex-Geography.
  • Lat time Geo ne kata tha...is bar vacancy dyne na kha jae.... Poor Geo waale jo is scenario me bhi fight krenge. 1000 toppon ki salami bhaiyon.(and unki behno :wink: ) :smiley:
  • Lion_King said:

So where will a normal candidate, having moderate aspirations sans a degree from some top rung institute go? If you look at the private sector, you will find extreme disparities in pay structures. They have policies where they restrict employees to reveal their salaries to other employees working at similar positions. Government exams used to be great equalizers i.e. even a topper from IIT has the same chance(s) of getting through as someone from an xyz college. Secondly, the work which private sector provides is mostly extremely redundant. People work on outsourced modules if one is from an engineering background or has to sell stuff is one is from a management background. So how can India shine if a majority of its populace is stuck in redundant jobs?
    True that this exam is a leveler despite the reduction in seats. What if the eligibility becomes a first class degree? Can you imagine politicians or their favorite ex-policymakers ruling administration instead of UPSC selected candidates? India needs patience and accountability but show off.. You know what I want to say.. Privatizatin seems to be a masked form of crony capitalism.. Don't know if even this comment of mine is being tracked...Insecurities everywhere!
    I too hold a 9 pointer degree from an institution of national importance. And I wonder what is the use since I love staying in India and do not want to cross the sea? I own a small company and Trust me, start ups are no solutions to the issue India is facing.. As Ravish ji said, No Hindu-Muslim topics now... My state people had not and won't let NDA win a single seat despite them alluring the most dominant caste organisation here ..Do not know what is left in other regions!
  • Lat time Geo ne kata tha...is bar vacancy dyne na kha jae.... Poor Geo waale jo is scenario me bhi fight krenge. 1000 toppon ki salami bhaiyon.(and unki behno :wink: ) :smiley:

Apan zyada duur nahi hai bhai,UPSC kabhi bhi kisi ka bhi kaat sakta. Aaj toh ye clear ho gaya..aaj sabka universal kata hai..:P
    Ex-Geography.
  • Lion_King said:

Lion_King said:

True that this exam is a leveler despite the reduction in seats. What if the eligibility becomes a first class degree? Can you imagine politicians or their favorite ex-policymakers ruling administration instead of UPSC selected candidates? India needs patience and accountability but show off.. You know what I want to say.. Privatizatin seems to be a masked form of crony capitalism.. Don't know if even this comment of mine is being tracked...Insecurities everywhere!
    I too hold a 9 pointer degree from an institution of national importance. And I wonder what is the use since I love staying in India and do not want to cross the sea? I own a small company and Trust me, start ups are no solutions to the issue India is facing.. As Ravish ji said, No Hindu-Muslim topics now... My state people had not and won't let NDA win a single seat despite them alluring the most dominant caste organisation here ..Do not know what is left in other regions!
    Baki bache 7-8 state me kiske ho bhai?:p
    Ex-Geography.
  • Beuce said:

Lion_King said:

Lion_King said:

Baki bache 7-8 state me kiske ho bhai?:p
    Somalia :trollface:
  • :P laga hi tha.
    Kuch karo bhaiyon,aise toh kat ta rahega.
    Ex-Geography.
  • Beuce said:

Lat time Geo ne kata tha...is bar vacancy dyne na kha jae.... Poor Geo waale jo is scenario me bhi fight krenge. 1000 toppon ki salami bhaiyon.(and unki behno :wink: ) :smiley:

Apan zyada duur nahi hai bhai,UPSC kabhi bhi kisi ka bhi kaat sakta. Aaj toh ye clear ho gaya..aaj sabka universal kata hai..:P
    Universal basic katoti. :blush:
    Saw the passion in my vulnerabilities? Now see the strength in my resolution.
  • 20 seats ka to pakka h bhaiyon :D chinta mat lena h... :D :mrgreen:
  • Beuce said:

:P laga hi tha.

try to convince as much people as possible to not vote for bjp this is all we can do rest political unity of opposition particularly in up will decide the fate if sp bsp congress come together bjp will not get more than 10 seats in up.
  • Beuce said:

782-32= 750 is the actual number of vacancy. which mean 375 approx would belong to General.
    Is there any chance or had happened earlier that the vacancies had been revised?
    We need space to atleast fight the battle. With unemployment at its decadal high,its inevitable that the number of applying candidates would increase.

pavneet singh of Vajiram told me in 2015 that this is anti-govt employee and this is visible in SSC, UPSC, Bank PO vacancies in the NDA years. You can verify this fact. Every govt employee knows their cold behaviour towards them in NDA I tenure. Only solution is vote them out. No hindu-Muslim issue, no deshbhakti issue, just vote them out.
  • honeycomb said:

Beuce said:

try to convince as much people as possible to not vote for bjp this is all we can do rest political unity of opposition particularly in up will decide the fate if sp bsp congress come together bjp will not get more than 10 seats in up.
    Bhai wo sab chhodho. Pehle ye dekho ki kiske paas itna time hai..graduation ko waise hi 2-3 saal ho gaye aadhey se zyada junta ki..BJP chali bhi gayi toh attempt kon dega uske baad?Kon apna time 100 seat ke liye ghisega..
    Ex-Geography.
  • Tingalt said:

Beuce said:

pavneet singh of Vajiram told me in 2015 that this is anti-govt employee and this is visible in SSC, UPSC, Bank PO vacancies in the NDA years. You can verify this fact. Every govt employee knows their cold behaviour towards them in NDA I tenure. Only solution is vote them out. No hindu-Muslim issue, no deshbhakti issue, just vote them out.
    Aaj ghar pe baat hui toh pata chala ki kisi major tv channel pe reduced vacancy ki news nahi thi. Agar vacancy kam karne se vo vote out hota, toh kam hi na karta.
  • Beuce said:

Abe kya kar sakta koi....Const. Body hai art 315 n all ... inki marji ....

Acche se padh , tu andar. :)
  • edited February 7
    Catman said:

Tingalt said:

Beuce said:

Aaj ghar pe baat hui toh pata chala ki kisi major tv channel pe reduced vacancy ki news nahi thi. Agar vacancy kam karne se vo vote out hota, toh kam hi na karta.
    I am an Ex-Bhakt. Followed those channels in and out. Can tell you what Babur did,Which all Temples were destroyed by Aurangzeb, ho many Maharanis committed Jauhar.
    I am not telling that we must not be aware of our history. Its quiet balatant a truth,and no body can deny it. But it doesnot hold any relevance today.
    Ex-Geography.
  • Beuce said:

honeycomb said:

Beuce said:

Bhai wo sab chhodho. Pehle ye dekho ki kiske paas itna time hai..graduation ko waise hi 2-3 saal ho gaye aadhey se zyada junta ki..BJP chali bhi gayi toh attempt kon dega uske baad?Kon apna time 100 seat ke liye ghisega..
    Sab ho jayega bhai.. I am not giving it this year.. There are going to be n number of people in those stronghold states for political action, atleast in the form of rational voting.. I hope that UPA will not go for this type of governance.. Maybe when I give in 2020(If the exam is there and age limit is not 25 :D ) things would be clear.. all the best everybody
  • Lion_King said:

Beuce said:

honeycomb said:

Beuce said:

Sab ho jayega bhai.. I am not giving it this year.. There are going to be n number of people in those stronghold states for political action, atleast in the form of rational voting.. I hope that UPA will not go for this type of governance.. Maybe when I give in 2020(If the exam is there and age limit is not 25 :D ) things would be clear.. all the best everybody
    maine toh abhi 20 din pehle optional badla hai,kahin ka nahi raha mai khud..:P
    dekho kya hota hai..shayad mai bhi na du..
    Ex-Geography.
  • edited February 7
    I have cleared two pre with 130+ but this 782 and 10 k in pre gives a shivering .....everyone knows that a lot of guesswork goes in pre...and a bad day...a bad hour few wrong logic n one year gaya...5k reduction in last two year in prelims make it mor luck oriented. Need to change its pattern... At least two paper...
  • Beuce said:

Bhai 375 s 4 all ,so 4 general its lik sm 300 .imagine 300 out of evn 3/4 lakh all india generals
  • edited February 7
    Tingalt said:

Beuce said:

+1cr .i guess elite ias advises our urban gujarat pm 4 a country wher bihar and up type mass joblessness exists.smthing 2 do with stylish orn ward of civil servants making into ias wtht any grnd knowledge??
  • IWDMI said:

Beuce said:

Bhai 375 s 4 all ,so 4 general its lik sm 300 .imagine 300 out of evn 3/4 lakh all india generals
    +1 trillion
    Ex-Geography.
  • Lion_King said:

Wo sab toh thik hai,ek baat dhyaan diye.
    Focus pura mains se hatt ke pre par ho gaya..:P
    Notes ka kya hua,ek min baat nahi kiye uski aaj apan..:D
    Ex-Geography.
  • Lion_King said:

Lion_King said:

sir usi company mein 15-20K ki naukri de dena agle saal :lol:
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog