How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

Philosophy Optional,Mains 2017 performance

Not selected with philosophy optional.
Those who are selected with this Optional, provide a nod so that a fair speculative assessment of the Optional can be done till the marks are out.

ATB for the PT.

Comments

• Philosophy out. 2nd mains
  • Philosophy in..2nd mains
    Prelims - 4, Mains - 2, Interview - 1, Service - 0.
    Expecting in Reserve List 2017.

• Philo out 2nd mains..
  • out 3rd mains...... :(
  • Philosophy in..2nd mains

shaandar bhai..strategy zaroor batana
    You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|
  • Bhailog koi nai ....battle haare ho war chalti rahe.
  • in, 3rd mains
  • Out 3rd mains
    Be positive..Be patient....Everything comes to you in the right moment.
  • Philosophy In. First pre and first mains.
    Leaving forum for now. All the best to everyone!

Rank 267 - CSE 2017.
  • Out, 1st Mains
  • in,3rd mains
  • In, 2nd mains

Bhai which portions di u attempt? any style of writing or whatever you learned.
  • Its heartening to see so many people qualify, All the best for Mains to you guys :) And Please please share your strategy!
  • Its heartening to see so many people qualify, All the best for Mains to you guys :) And Please please share your strategy!
  • if one want to leave philosophy then what should he adopt??
  • In first mains

I attempted two from western and three from Indian. Initial plan was to do the opposite but got stumped in the exam hall since my logical positivists part was not that strong so had to attempt 3 Indian. I am personally stronger in Western. For Indian, i had mugged up amba vermuris notes inside out.

Also solved upsc last 17 years answers and had mugged them up for both the papers.

For paper 2 i attempted 3 from socio political and 2 from religious. Here also plan was opposite but got stumped by non theological. So had to do generic socio political questions.

I quoted a lot of thinkers and also used contemporary examples, made my own notes from youtube and the net also.

No coaching, no books.

Wrote LOTS of answers in exam conditions, day and night. Self evaluation. Compared my answers with athar amir's and ravi agarwals.

Attempted 500 marks fully. Was satisfied with most of it. However, i don't know if my philosophy went well. GS and essay was really good, so only after final marksheet i can comment about philosophy.
    I am from general category. Hope that helps bro.
    Leaving forum for now. All the best to everyone!

Rank 267 - CSE 2017.
  • Congratulations to everyone who could clear and those who couldn't.
    I wish the former group clear the final hurdle too.
    The latter group shud take heart from the results and prepare well for prelims.Keep the chin up and smile.

Anthropology marks are really good atleast average marks are good

Anthropology marks are really good atleast average marks are good
    What about PSIR?
  • Notes of amba??? please name ??

Philosophy In. First pre and first mains.

I attempted two from western and three from Indian. Initial plan was to do the opposite but got stumped in the exam hall since my logical positivists part was not that strong so had to attempt 3 Indian. I am personally stronger in Western. For Indian, i had mugged up amba vermuris notes inside out.

Also solved upsc last 17 years answers and had mugged them up for both the papers.

For paper 2 i attempted 3 from socio political and 2 from religious. Here also plan was opposite but got stumped by non theological. So had to do generic socio political questions.

I quoted a lot of thinkers and also used contemporary examples, made my own notes from youtube and the net also.

No coaching, no books.

Wrote LOTS of answers in exam conditions, day and night. Self evaluation. Compared my answers with athar amir's and ravi agarwals.

Attempted 500 marks fully. Was satisfied with most of it. However, i don't know if my philosophy went well. GS and essay was really good, so only after final marksheet i can comment about philosophy.
  • Notes of amba??? please name ??

Philosophy In. First pre and first mains.

No coaching, no books.

Amba??please clarify...
  • Arre Amba means ambrish velmuri
  • Pls share strategy for paper 2...
  • Vemuri to acha hai kafi..

• Besides mitras ..any other test series? For paper 1 part mitra sir is good..plz tell good feedback test series for paper 2
  • Bhai paper 2 pata nahi..Mera bhi bura hi hai

No coaching, no books.

thanks a lot yaar!! Had attempted on same pattern only. But, would see whether it was Gs or philosophy as real culprit. Did u give subheadings in ur GS??
  • @stonecold_srivastav chomu bhai , congratulations. Final list me aa jaoge is baar, party de dena bas. :innocent:
    किस्मत कभी- कभी तब मेहरबान होती है जब हमे कुछ उम्मीद नहीं होती !
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog