Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE courses. Click below for details -
(1) Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude (2) Ancient, Medieval History, Art and Culture (3) Modern Indian History
(4) Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 (5) International Relations and Internal Security (6) Geography
(7) 200 Most Important Topics for UPSC CSE Prelims 2018
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now.

ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Group 1 results appsc insider info?

How did your exams go

Comments

• edited January 3
    Is it about Andhra Pradesh Service Commission or Arunachal Pradesh Service Commission??
  • Andrea Pradesh... brethren how ur interview prep going??
    Pls post some state specific issues??
  • Andrea Pradesh... brethren how ur interview prep going??
    Pls post some state specific issues??
  • I have appeared for group 1 2017 mains. Waiting for the result.
  • I have appeared for group 1 2017 mains. Waiting for the result.

I am also waiting for that,intlo unna kaligisthundi, roju news paper chusthunna ante. Evarikain a idea unda results eppido ani.
  • Ela raasav exams. Anni
  • Ela raasav exams. Anni

Paper standard was good and were not that easy. Even English qualifying paper was difficult. Writing 10 quality answers in each paper was time consuming. I have done good in Essay, Paper 2(History&Poilty) and Paper 4(S&T). Paper 3(Economy) was dampener for me. Section 2 and Section 3 turned out to be a damp squib. No clue about Andhra Economy due to time and material constraint. Paper 5 was Avg. Overall my performance was satisfactory and if the correction is liberal i would get 350 to 380 and if it is tough i would get around 300 to 320.
    I differ with the opinion that appsc would be easy if one prepare for UPSC. Only 40% syllabus is overlapping with APPSC. You have to dedicate appropriate time for Group 1 and availability of english material is another setback. As the posts for General Category are only 26 difficult to predict cutoff. What about you??
  • tarun bhaskar appsc chairman informed in an tv interview that results will be in mid january
  • drravi123 said:

tarun bhaskar appsc chairman informed in an tv interview that results will be in mid january

True...and interviews for 18/2016 would be held after 2011 interviews

• how many here wrote appsc mains 2017
  • edited January 3
    Hi guys,
    It's true that APPSC group1 2017 result will come in mid -january according to both chairman and secretary(in interview with etv news).
    Is it true that they will invalid papers who underlined answers?
    And how many of you underlined?
  • Did u guys attempt all the questions in all the papers?
  • drravi123 said:

how many here wrote appsc mains 2017

Hi guys,
    It's true that APPSC group1 2017 result will come in mid -january according to both chairman and secretary(in interview with etv news).

I gave mains this year. And I underlined too.
  • 3rident said:

Did u guys attempt all the questions in all the papers?

To me attempting all questions in all papers was not that easy. Questions were on tougher side. May be people who prepared religiously for group 1 might have tried to attempt. How many questions did you attempt and what is your opinion on the exam papers??
  • Hi guys,

I read somewhere that underlining is not going to be an issue.
  • 3rident said:

To me attempting all questions in all papers was not that easy. Questions were on tougher side. May be people who prepared religiously for group 1 might have tried to attempt. How many questions did you attempt and what is your opinion on the exam papers??
    Ap related syllabus asalu cover cheyya ledu..
    Economy paper was very tough.. 5 or 6 questions ki either left or couldn't write relevant answers.
    S&t section 2 was a disaster.
    Paper V section 3 em rasano adi correct o kado kuda teleetledu.
  • 3rident said:

3rident said:

Economy paper was very tough.. 5 or 6 questions ki either left or couldn't write relevant answers.
    Yeah naku alage anipinchindi. Enni marks expect chestunnaru? Anni posts kalipi 26 ye unnai kada for OC. Interview ki 52 members select avtaru. So competition chala tough ga untundi. Fingers crossed.
  • 3rident said:

3rident said:

Yeah naku alage anipinchindi. Enni marks expect chestunnaru? Anni posts kalipi 26 ye unnai kada for OC. Interview ki 52 members select avtaru. So competition chala tough ga untundi. Fingers crossed.
    yes, economics section 2 was disaster. couldn't write even one question correctly. And paper5 section 1 didn't attempt 3 questions but section 3 went smoothly.
  • competition will be very high!!! all the 50 candidates will placed in 15-20 marks difference thatsall
  • drravi123 said:

competition will be very high!!! all the 50 candidates will placed in 15-20 marks difference thatsall

How many marks are you expecting bro??
  • Can we get to know the marks after the results?I didn't have time to prepare and the only reason I gave was to get a decent idea on how the correction would be,so that I can give this year with better preparation(I believed that APPSC would stck to its calendar haha)

My papers went decent but not great as you can see below

More than satisfied with Essay paper

History and polity paper-Attempted all questions but answers for three questions were not upto the mark

Economy--section one was good but in sections two and three, answers for three questions were of poor quality

Science and Tech-Attempted 13 questions in total and was satisfied with answes of 12 questions.(wrote very well as time was left due to the unattempted questions.)

Quant Paper-90 marks for sure from sections one and two-But in third section I attempted all but answers were very brief not more than 50-60 words for each question (even less in for some questions)

I know my chances are very slim but just hoping in case(^-^).

And finally will there be a notification for group 1 this year at all?And also is it normal to take four months for mains results?Was there any particular reason for this delay this year?

• Can we get to know the marks after the results?I didn't have time to prepare and the only reason I gave was to get a decent idea on how the correction would be,so that I can give this year with better preparation(I believed that APPSC would stck to its calendar haha)

History and polity paper-Attempted all questions but answers for three questions were not upto the mark

Economy--section one was good but in sections two and three, answers for three questions were of poor quality

Science and Tech-Attempted 13 questions in total and was satisfied with answes of 12 questions.(wrote very well as time was left due to the unattempted questions.)

Quant Paper-90 marks for sure from sections one and two-But in third section I attempted all but answers were very brief not more than 50-60 words for each question (even less in for some questions)

And finally will there be a notification for group 1 this year at all?And also is it normal to take four months for mains results?Was there any particular reason for this delay this year?

I hope you have fair chances of getting selected for interview. Inspite of not preparing well your performance in all papers seems to be good. What were your sources for Andhra Economy and S&T in such short preparation. After final result they would release marks. Did u write 2017 civils mains?? Notifications for Group 1 and 2 are going to be released in few months. Am also new to APPSC. In state services delay is quite common. Results and Court Cases go hand in hand. So can't rely on state services. If all goes well you would get service.
  • UPSC preparation made it easier.Yeah I gave CSE mains this year.For Economy I referred AP socio-economic survey,budget,other macroeconomic data both aggregate and sector wise.)All available on AP finace ministry portal)I also bought some material for Andhra economy (muniratnam material) from Vikas bookstore in hyderabad.But the material was in telugu and reading it was time consuming but helpful nonetheless.Also AP government portal is also helpful.There are a bunch of PDFs I collected for economy and science tech.All(I repeat all) questions came from the pdfs I collected.But didn't find time to read them all due to CSE mains as well(For example I had read koneru report briefly but couldn't recollect more points in exam).In my opinion previous year papers were very helpful in guessing what kind of questions would be asked.

For science and Tech UPSC material was more than sufficient and also my optional is geography so that too helped.

you have decent chances of interview call i think
  • How many will be called for interview?
  • edited January 4

How many will be called for interview?

52 from open category

total 78 --> 156 people will be called
  • drravi123 said:

competition will be very high!!! all the 50 candidates will placed in 15-20 marks difference thatsall

How many marks are you expecting bro??
    with a quite good experience with UPSC mains in marks variations( as we predict )

and no experience with previous APPSC, I cannot expect some concrete number bro!!

all i can say that i have written decent enough and as of now fingers crossed
  • Manchidi bro ... Nenu matram Edo ala telisindi rasesanu
  • lets hope the results come soon!!!!
  • Just a comment to make this thread active
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog