Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
GUIDANCE IAS Geography(Opt.) @500+ Programme STARTS ON 26th JUNE 9:30 AM.
Venue:   11/5-B, Basement, Param Tower , Pusa Road, Delhi 110005. Call (+91)-9718793363, 011-45586829. Geography(Opt.) Online / Offline Test Series
& Daily Mapwork Program Online
To Enroll Click Here
Top 4 scorers in Geography (Opt.) are Guidance IAS Students: AIR 5 PRATHAM KAUSHIK (327 Marks); AIR 109 DHRUV MISHRA (318 Marks); AIR 411 SAI KIRAN D.N. (316 Marks); AIR 423 DHEERAJ AGARWAL (315 Marks)

Schematics for the dynamic portion of the syllabus.

Hey,
I want to know if anyone is interested in detailed discussion on the Geography optional questions from the past year and from the coaching Institutes. The discussion will mainly pertain to the dynamic portions which are either too tough or seems to be too easy (for example: "Outline the importance of land reforms on productivity", Anyone who has studied general studies will find this easy to attempt , but what makes our answer different from the general answer ? There has to be some element which must be incorporated to make it "optional" worthy. )

Anyone who wants to participate in this initiative, I urge you to write in paragraph rather than the short sentence and relevant to the discussion. I will Post questions form the previous papers and coaching Institutes which are worthy of discussion.

Sample questions are :

1. Explain how modernisation of Indian agriculture is affected by unfavourable institutional factors with suitable examples.
2. Analyse critically whether the existing cropping in different parts of India would need any change for the better agricultural performance in future?

More will come if we find enough enthusiastic members. Please do not PM me. If you want to participate, write in sentences not in "chalta hai " language.

Thank you

Regards,

Modernbudha

Comments

• The idea seems fine. But need participation in the thread
    Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1, Interview=0
    Essay-141 , GS-396 , PSIR Optional.
    Ex-Geography.
  • It seems no one is interested in this endevour.
  • I am,but lets make it a kind of closed group. Silent readers are not needed. The idea seems good.
    Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1, Interview=0
    Essay-141 , GS-396 , PSIR Optional.
    Ex-Geography.
  • edited December 2017
    My target is to score more than 320+ in the geography paper( scored 271 in 2016). From my attempt in 2016, I realized that most of my answers were from the general perspective and in introspection I realized that to score 320/330 my answers should include spatial element.

I thought having a detailed discussion on the otherwise " general" questions will benefit me as well as the community, but it seems I have to go solo.

I request the moderator to close this thread. @root

Regards,

Modernbudha
  • I am in..
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog