ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

TV Series and Movies

Any suggestion for TV Series and Movies for next 1 Month..to further hone my hobby >:)
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.

Comments

• Just wait for few hours. This is the favourite topic of many aspirants. You will get so many suggestions...... Confuse ho jaoge ki kya dekhu kya nahi....!! ☺️☺️
  • "The man in the high castle". An alternate history series post WW-2
  • TV series-
    HIMYM
    FRIENDS
    TWO AND A HALF MEN
    SHERLOCK
    ELEMENTARY
    24, Especially season 5
    BREAKING BAD
    SUITS
    HOUSE OF CARDS
    HOMELAND
    THE WALKING DEAD
    DOCTOR WHO
    WESTWORLD
    GOT to dekha hi hoga.
    Movies in top 100 imdb are good.
    Same hobby btw
  • FARGO- a dark thriller. Keeps you engrossed till the end.
    based on true stories.
  • Wire
    Fargo
    Twin Peaks - very old and only 1 season
    True detectives
    Gotham
  • For politics and diplomacy - Madam Secretary
    For detective stuff - Elementary (here female charecters are amazing)
  • sc said:

"The man in the high castle". An alternate history series post WW-2

Oh I like Historic stuff could watch it..Thanks
    Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
  • Greenland said:

For politics and diplomacy - Madam Secretary
    For detective stuff - Elementary (here female charecters are amazing)

Thanks added to the list...
  • sc said:

Wire
    Fargo
    Twin Peaks - very old and only 1 season
    True detectives
    Gotham

Twin peaks nahi dekha baki toh dekha hai.. Thanks Dekhta hoon isko bhi
  • abhi44 said:

FARGO- a dark thriller. Keeps you engrossed till the end.
    based on true stories.

Ya have seen that..Thanks..Aisa kuch aur hai kya..Right now watching Narcos..
  • despirant said:

TV series-
    HIMYM
    FRIENDS
    TWO AND A HALF MEN
    SHERLOCK
    ELEMENTARY
    24, Especially season 5
    BREAKING BAD
    SUITS
    HOUSE OF CARDS
    HOMELAND
    THE WALKING DEAD
    DOCTOR WHO
    WESTWORLD
    GOT to dekha hi hoga.
    Movies in top 100 imdb are good.
    Same hobby btw

Isme se kaffi kuch dekha hua hai..Yaar walking dead ke bahut season hai..so will skip that..SUITS dekh sakte hai...aur WESTERWORLD
  • edited December 2
    Some of great seires out there (not mentioned above)
    1. Ozark
    2. Star trek discovery
    3. Designated survivor
    4. Berlin station
    5. Stranger things
    6. Marco polo
    7. Sense8 (now discontinued)
    8. Last man on Earth

• Some of great seires out there (not mentioned above)
    1. Ozark
    2. Star trek discovery
    3. Designated survivor
    4. Berlin station
    5. Stranger things
    6. Marco polo
    7. Sense8 (now discontinued)
    8. Last man on Earth

Haven't seen a single out of them..good list..hope to watch them soon.. Thanks
  • The Handmaid's Tale
    Alias Grace
    Babylon Berlin
    American Gods
    Legion
    Halt and Catch Fire
    Mr Robot
    Mindhunter
    The Crown
    Peaky Blinders
    Patriot
    Preacher
    The Americans
    The Young Pope
    Wolf Hall
    Black Mirror
    Happy Valley
    Catastrophe
    Bojack Horseman
    Godless
  • Bhai movies agr hobby he toh Satyajit Ray, Ritwik Ghatak,Tarkovsky, bergman, kurosawa, bresson, bunuel, kubrick, Asghar Farhadi, Majid Majidi ki at least ek movie toh bnti he.....or fir latest oscar nominated tih pakka dekh kr jaana
    signature
  • Bhai movies agr hobby he toh Satyajit Ray, Ritwik Ghatak,Tarkovsky, bergman, kurosawa, bresson, bunuel, kubrick, Asghar Farhadi, Majid Majidi ki at least ek movie toh bnti he.....or fir latest oscar nominated tih pakka dekh kr jaana

thanks
  • madam secretary.it is based on diplomacy and is a treat to watch.
    young sheldon,modern family.
  • edited December 2
    Deadpool :mrgreen:
    Madmax fury road :lol:

and Bhookha sher
  • Why not anime? I strongly recommend Haikyuu.
  • Why not anime? I strongly recommend Haikyuu.

Anime I have seen Naruto,One piece ,Fairy tail ,Death note..Is Haikyuu good??
  • Deadpool :mrgreen:

and Bhookha sher

Bhookha sher dekhni padegi..kaisi hai >:)
  • Deadpool :mrgreen:

and Bhookha sher

Bhookha sher dekhni padegi..kaisi hai >:)
    hahaah maine puri nahi dekhi kabi poorani hai bahut dharmender hai ... youtube pe hogi
  • prison break
    Harley and the Davidson's
    Spartacus
    Got
    The genius
    Friends
    Breaking bad
    All are top class...
  • Well, what kind of movies are you interested in?
  • Tarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma
  • Plz suggest me some good biopic movies of both hollywood and bollywood.
  • If you are interested in world cinema(bear in mind I am yet to explore the ocean of cinema! ), then these are my favorite directors so far -

~ Ingmar Bergman (the best - I've seen almost every movie except a few, PEAK of cinema as an art)
    ~ Wong Kar Wai (want to see what 'poetry in motion' looks like? watch his movies)
    ~ Andrei Tarkovsky (a combination of both of the above, but one needs a correct state of mind to watch his movies, and be extremely non-judgemental i.e. don't try to make sense of his movies, just sit back and enjoy the art of illusion that cinema brings )
    ~ Jean Luc Godard (intellectual, abstract)

I will also add Terence Malick here... and even Alfred Hitchcock : p

Some good Hollywood movies that you can look up and I personally found to be very inpsiring(only listing that which I can recall for now) -

~ Dead Poet's Society - THE MOST INSPIRING movie for me, as a student and a life-long learner
    ~ Remains of the Day - best movie to learn about discipline and sacrifice in the face of duty - will help you immensely in your CSE journey :tongue:

If you want to watch movies that have a dreamy quality to them, like ones that have alternate realities, mind-bending type, or Lynchian type of setting then -

~ Vanilla Sky
    ~ Mr Nobody (this movie is philosophical, again, helps immensely in your journey of CSE, would relieve stress IMO)
    ~ Mulholland Drive
    ~ The Machinist

Here's a list of "mind-bending" movies -

https://letterboxd.com/santannajess/list/99-mindfuck-movies-by-9gag/

I guess I can go on and on about movies.. have a nice time :) ..look up any good director and their most famous movie or select any movie with a plot that pleases you..

PS --- I never knew we could list "cinema" as hobby for personality test? Can we really do that?

• Elusive said:

If you are interested in world cinema(bear in mind I am yet to explore the ocean of cinema! ), then these are my favorite directors so far -

~ Ingmar Bergman (the best - I've seen almost every movie except a few, PEAK of cinema as an art)
    ~ Wong Kar Wai (want to see what 'poetry in motion' looks like? watch his movies)
    ~ Andrei Tarkovsky (a combination of both of the above, but one needs a correct state of mind to watch his movies, and be extremely non-judgemental i.e. don't try to make sense of his movies, just sit back and enjoy the art of illusion that cinema brings )
    ~ Jean Luc Godard (intellectual, abstract)

I will also add Terence Malick here... and even Alfred Hitchcock : p

Some good Hollywood movies that you can look up and I personally found to be very inpsiring(only listing that which I can recall for now) -

~ Dead Poet's Society - THE MOST INSPIRING movie for me, as a student and a life-long learner
    ~ Remains of the Day - best movie to learn about discipline and sacrifice in the face of duty - will help you immensely in your CSE journey :tongue:

If you want to watch movies that have a dreamy quality to them, like ones that have alternate realities, mind-bending type, or Lynchian type of setting then -

~ Vanilla Sky
    ~ Mr Nobody (this movie is philosophical, again, helps immensely in your journey of CSE, would relieve stress IMO)
    ~ Mulholland Drive
    ~ The Machinist

Here's a list of "mind-bending" movies -

https://letterboxd.com/santannajess/list/99-mindfuck-movies-by-9gag/

I guess I can go on and on about movies.. have a nice time :) ..look up any good director and their most famous movie or select any movie with a plot that pleases you..

PS --- I never knew we could list "cinema" as hobby for personality test? Can we really do that?

kuch zyaada hi high end taste hai. Salman khan nahi dekhte?
    boom, pow, hud hud dabangg dabanng
    The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.

Long live Revolution, Down with ForumIAS. Ban me Mods
  • GOT
    Vikings
    The Last Kingdom
    Marco Polo
    Rome
    The Shannara chronicle
    Da vinci's Demons
    Spartacus
    Barbarians Rising
    Black Sail
  • edited December 2

Plz suggest me some good biopic movies of both hollywood and bollywood.

Catch me if you can
    Lion
    The King's Speech
    Aviator
    J Edgar
    The Man Who Knew Infinity
    Theory of Everything
    The Imitation Game
    Into The Wild
    The Walk
    Black Mass
    American Gangster
    Megan Leavey
    Invictus
    Hacksaw Ridge

I must be forgetting some..
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog