Write the Prelims 7 Times before you write it on June 3
Write Simulator Test 2 at 9AM on April 8. Get Scorecard same day by 9PM. Enroll now ! Do not wait till its too late! Enrollment Links :1) Simulator Tests : 8 GS Tests 2) Simulator Tests : 8 GS + 4 CSAT Tests
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Revision of Economy through MCQs and Quizzes           (2) Revision Classes on Indian & World Geography
(3) Fast-Paced Revision Course of Indian Polity                    (4)Most important topics for Modern Indian History
(5) Crash course on Art and Culture                                       (6) Last minute Practice Course to qualify CSAT Paper 2
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

Reviews on SIAC Mumbai

I am waiting for mains results. Meanwhile is it good to join SIAC Mumbai? How is the environment there. Can any former SIAC students give reviews. Is it a problem if I don't get hostel.

Comments

• more than 70% seats are reserved..
    its worth only if u done with basic books atleast 1..
    dont expect them to teach any1..
    it is just like a library..
  • edited November 2017
    It has a good reading room and library nothing else. U can get help and guidance from senior players if at all they are present in Siac. Dont expect anything else from SIAC. No lectures no guidance.
  • Good test series (mains) in Pune?
  • Bhai Ye SIAC kya hai
  • Drona said:

Bhai Ye SIAC kya hai

State insitute of administrative careers, Mumbai- Maharashtra govt. ka training institute.

http://siac.org.in/admininfo.html
  • edited December 2017

It has a good reading room and library nothing else. U can get help and guidance from senior players if at all they are present in Siac. Dont expect anything else from SIAC. No lectures no guidance.

Warlord said:

more than 70% seats are reserved..
    its worth only if u done with basic books atleast 1..
    dont expect them to teach any1..
    it is just like a library..

Thanks for the inputs, do we have anything like daily attendance there? I have given 2017 mains so have completed basic books once. Hostel ka scene kaisa hain?
  • Rather a question ,which you guys consider as one of the best ias coaching institute in mumbai
  • Rather a question ,which you guys consider as one of the best ias coaching institute in mumbai

none..
    a a shah is worst..
    he was dukaan daar before he entered cse business..
    though he doesnt teach anything..he hires ppl who can fool students ..
    ek din vajiram ke hist proffesor ko bulaya and doing ad ki we have delhi 's faculty
  • SIAC is just a place to sit n study. Nothing else. For exam you need basic books which all of us already have. We don't need to do thesis with the material in their lib. It's good for state exam guys, they feel delighted with exposure n citylife,. Also,all category students are there who live in their own world,with less cut off expectations. Don't be friends with them. Plus it's in the heart of Mumbai, all good food n hang out places nearby, so easy distraction. State pcs people boast about siac bvos that's the best they can think of
    Decision toss karke liya tha, toss ka result dekh kar nahin...
  • edited December 2017

I am waiting for mains results. Meanwhile is it good to join SIAC Mumbai? How is the environment there. Can any former SIAC students give reviews. Is it a problem if I don't get hostel.

In siac u will rarely get coaching... i think right now they have bhushan deshmukh for history ... who teach every monday
    You can request the staff if u want someone they will get him for you ( they can arrange guest lec ) this year they also arranged lec for daf feeling which was really helpfull ...
    I dont know for prelims coz i joined for mains .. certainly if u want to prepare from mumbai .. it is the best place ... coz atleast u will get group for mains ... siac helped me lot in this attempt, as we form group for writing practice and last month group discussion... but this should be self initiative...
    about environment... hostels are not good ... gch is far away ... and u can not do late night study as it close down 10pm ... and siac hostel is not properly maintained.. specially the toilets... but reading facility is good ... u will get wifi and ac in reading facility
    The tiffin is also bad ... but nearby there are hospital mess which is good and cheap
    And problem of not getting hostel is upon you... as I already mentioned you have to leave siac at 10pm if u did not get siac hostel ... only student from siac hostel allowed for night study ...
    one more thing ... if want any test series for prelims or mains ... from any class ... u can talk with staff and they will arrange it ... they will also pay for it ... also for mains they arranged two full mock this year ...
    an last ... yes these days siac glory is decreasing... many times u will see state pcs guy studying in lib ... and staff allows that .. but dnt wrry u will get good group for upsc ... like this year they have 43 student preparing for mains ... its not hard to form group for study ...

Just remember its upon you how to get better benefits... bcoz every thing is self initiative
  • @arjungopal , Congrats on getting SIAC !!
    You must have given Yashada too, what is your scoring in it ?
  • me4IAS said:

@arjungopal , Congrats on getting SIAC !!
    You must have given Yashada too, what is your scoring in it ?

I had given yashada, but not too confident as very less seats for open category male.

BTW SIAC has revised its list due to some problems in corrections. So I maybe out of the revised list. :neutral:

I had decided to study from insights and join their core batch in bangalore for next attempt. Even their focus is on self study and groups.

Let SIAC now come out with the revised list tomorrow.

• om1135 said:

In siac u will rarely get coaching... i think right now they have bhushan deshmukh for history ... who teach every monday
    You can request the staff if u want someone they will get him for you ( they can arrange guest lec ) this year they also arranged lec for daf feeling which was really helpfull ...
    I dont know for prelims coz i joined for mains .. certainly if u want to prepare from mumbai .. it is the best place ... coz atleast u will get group for mains ... siac helped me lot in this attempt, as we form group for writing practice and last month group discussion... but this should be self initiative...
    about environment... hostels are not good ... gch is far away ... and u can not do late night study as it close down 10pm ... and siac hostel is not properly maintained.. specially the toilets... but reading facility is good ... u will get wifi and ac in reading facility
    The tiffin is also bad ... but nearby there are hospital mess which is good and cheap
    And problem of not getting hostel is upon you... as I already mentioned you have to leave siac at 10pm if u did not get siac hostel ... only student from siac hostel allowed for night study ...
    one more thing ... if want any test series for prelims or mains ... from any class ... u can talk with staff and they will arrange it ... they will also pay for it ... also for mains they arranged two full mock this year ...
    an last ... yes these days siac glory is decreasing... many times u will see state pcs guy studying in lib ... and staff allows that .. but dnt wrry u will get good group for upsc ... like this year they have 43 student preparing for mains ... its not hard to form group for study ...

Just remember its upon you how to get better benefits... bcoz every thing is self initiative
    Thanks. I have given this mains, so mainly I require a place to study and not coaching. Delhi is too expensive and not worth it. Bangalore is another option I am considering . The new insights centre is great. Will wait for yashada result as well. Now till this year mains results are out, not able to decide anything definitively!

• om1135 said:

Thanks. I have given this mains, so mainly I require a place to study and not coaching. Delhi is too expensive and not worth it. Bangalore is another option I am considering . The new insights centre is great. Will wait for yashada result as well. Now till this year mains results are out, not able to decide anything definitively!

Compared with siac yashda will give you good facility... i also considered banglore this year before going to siac ... but i thought not waste days , adjusting in new state ... and siac was closer from my home so i slected it ...
    but if u are opting for whole year go to Banglore ... it will be better than siac or yashda...
  • om1135 said:

om1135 said:

Compared with siac yashda will give you good facility... i also considered banglore this year before going to siac ... but i thought not waste days , adjusting in new state ... and siac was closer from my home so i slected it ...
    but if u are opting for whole year go to Banglore ... it will be better than siac or yashda...
    Is attendance or anything mandatory in Siac once we join? Do we have to compulsorily attend classes?
  • om1135 said:

om1135 said:

Is attendance or anything mandatory in Siac once we join? Do we have to compulsorily attend classes?
    Attendance is for stipen ... but its not strict ... they put register on main table of lib ... u can sign for as many days as u want ... just remember to sign at least once in month... bcoz at the end of the month they change the attendance sheet... and put new one
  • edited December 2017
    om1135 said:

om1135 said:

om1135 said:

Attendance is for stipen ... but its not strict ... they put register on main table of lib ... u can sign for as many days as u want ... just remember to sign at least once in month... bcoz at the end of the month they change the attendance sheet... and put new one
    And classes are also not mandatory... if u want u can attend... they ring bell if any faculty visit for lecture
  • Guys how is coaching scenario in Pune for Upsc ? Any suggestions for geography optional coaching in Pune.
  • edited December 2017
    Has anyone stayed in GCH Churchgate? How is the atmosphere there? Are the rooms single or in sharing?
  • Has anyone stayed in GCH Churchgate? How is the atmosphere there? Are the rooms single or in sharing?

toilets et all are unclean..
    if u cant afford rental in mum our pune then its good..
    but if u can, stay in pune n find a good lib...
    imo
  • Dead Man said:

Guys how is coaching scenario in Pune for Upsc ? Any suggestions for geography optional coaching in Pune.

IP Singh better than others bt not best .
  • Dead Man said:

Guys how is coaching scenario in Pune for Upsc ? Any suggestions for geography optional coaching in Pune.

IP Singh better than others bt not best .
    what about vision pune branch
  • @Warlord i attended some classes of AASHAH.They use to bring teacher from the school to teach history and geo .
    I advised other not to join as it is total waste of money
  • Anyone from Mumbai who wants Upendra IAS notes for Sociology, please ping me. I have some other books of Sociology as well.
  • @Warlord i attended some classes of AASHAH.They use to bring teacher from the school to teach history and geo .

aa shah is a big fraud..
    tat owner use to do sari ka business or something..
    now they do upsc ka business...
    most non serious candidates are gullible.
    sorry to be so harsh..
    but tat fraud person boils my blood.
  • edited April 24
    @hey guys, am teaching in SIAC, Yashada and Sankalp IAS Forum,Mumbai pune. Previously i was teaching in A A Shah too. Total useless is Shah institute. aj alag students, tomorrow koi aur. all I can say its a dukaan. similarly is success forum-fraud.

I would advice Sankalp IAS Forum, simply for being genuine and sincere, batch size 20, faculty from officers and from Delhi, settled in Mumbai Pune. They have weekly targets and personal feedbacks. Small batches serve the purpose.
    Of late they have launched students centrist courses like NCERT And revision batches. Watch for Santosh Sir, Jyoti madam.
    They lack good space but that covers up. No need for Delhi too. :)

• Warlord said:

@Warlord i attended some classes of AASHAH.They use to bring teacher from the school to teach history and geo .

aa shah is a big fraud..
    tat owner use to do sari ka business or something..
    now they do upsc ka business...
    most non serious candidates are gullible.
    sorry to be so harsh..
    but tat fraud person boils my blood.
    @Warlord @worktillinfinity
    guys, am teaching in SIAC, Yashada and Sankalp IAS Forum,Mumbai pune. Previously i was teaching in A A Shah too. Total useless is Shah institute. aj alag students, tomorrow koi aur. all I can say its a dukaan. similarly is success forum-fraud.

I would advice Sankalp IAS Forum, simply for being genuine and sincere, batch size 20, faculty from officers and from Delhi, settled in Mumbai Pune. They have weekly targets and personal feedbacks. Small batches serve the purpose.
    Of late they have launched students centrist courses like NCERT And revision batches. Watch for Santosh Sir, Jyoti madam.
    They lack good space but that covers up. No need for Delhi too
    . :)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog