How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!

give your views for civil service synopsis

edited November 2013 in Current Affairs
hello friends. i came to know about this magazine recently and want it to share with you guys to get suggestions. i think this is a nice magazine containing important articles from every major source and will help us in saving a lot of time..please give a look and give your valuable suggestion..i am attaching the soft copy of sept issue here.
pdf
pdf
cs synopsis september2013.pdf
8M

Comments

• From where have u downloaded it ?
  • they mailed me..your opinion ?
  • edited November 2013
    I do not know much about it , have started my prep recently . I hope sb who has followed the ca for sept will reply.

• I went through the sep edition of CSS.
    1) The number of topics covered is small for a monthly edition. Economics had only 5 topics, and environment had 2. But a lot more has happened in a month. They only included articles what they thought was important. So we cant solely rely on CSS. They should include more topics.

2) They have just copy/pasted the lengthy articles from hindu/frontline/kurukshetra, instead of concising it and giving only the important points. So Information density is less for the 70 pages. Compare that with "current affairs weekly", 30pages x 4weeks = 120 pages per month, has lot more information and topics covered.

3) no coverage from pib.nic.in

4) the background on each article is good. Reduces our time to do personal background check.

We can excuse CSS for now because it is a new inititative, and they are seeking feedback from readers for improvement. More to do before it can become a one stop magazine for Civil sercvices.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog