ForumIAS Open Test 1: Results will be declared by 9PM, 12 th December.
Candidates can write Test till 2PM , 12th December by visiting Center or online by Clicking here Your OMR sheets are being manually evaluated.

How to enter private sector,which sectors are hot now

hey friends, after 4yrs of preparation, i am completely out of touch with requirements of private sector in NCR. I am clueless as to which sectors are currently offering more opportunities and good promotional aspects. I did my engineering in an obscure branch, so cant return back to it. It would be great if you can advise the specific sectors and what all skills and courses we need to know to enter those jobs. e.g. 2 days back, someone advised about data science offering decent opportunities. and how to go about that by learning r and python..it would be great if you people can post about those specific jobs and what we need to do to gain those skills. thanks a lot.

Comments

• Bhai u shud focus on interview to crave in ur rank in cse17....n for the private sector prospects tourism industry,data management, and as u have read sociology u can pursue in dis field also entering jnu and net exam etc
  • 1. Marketing / sales
    2. Screen writing
    3. Youtubing

First is mostlt a general job, wherein getting acquinted with many of the products is not rocket science. But you will need to get a marketing job.

Youtubing I perceive as a hot thing with significant quality deficit and scope for value addition that can come from a normal acumen. People have either a lot of free time or like to spend their time in an unpeoductive way. So there's a lot of scope even if your audience is unemployed.

Screen writing has great future for people with a flair for writing and a sensitive eye. It is the future of writing I think.

But all these would also depend on auxiliary skills of an individual.
    तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।
  • DhaNsu said:

Bhai u shud focus on interview to crave in ur rank in cse17....n for the private sector prospects tourism industry,data management, and as u have read sociology u can pursue in dis field also entering jnu and net exam etc

Bro unfortunately I didn't do that well in the GS paper. Need luck to get an interview call.
    Net exam will require M.A. which will take 2 yrs. It definitely is a good option for humanities optional guys. I was not aware Abt it.
  • 1. Marketing / sales
    2. Screen writing
    3. Youtubing

First is mostlt a general job, wherein getting acquinted with many of the products is not rocket science. But you will need to get a marketing job.

Youtubing I perceive as a hot thing with significant quality deficit and scope for value addition that can come from a normal acumen. People have either a lot of free time or like to spend their time in an unpeoductive way. So there's a lot of scope even if your audience is unemployed.

Screen writing has great future for people with a flair for writing and a sensitive eye. It is the future of writing I think.

But all these would also depend on auxiliary skills of an individual.

YouTube is a good option but again the problem is that it's not a regular job, a career option as such.
    I don't have a mba degree, I guess it would be difficult to enter a marketing profile in current scenario.
  • There is a group in facebook named Start Up Delhi.Lot of people are willing to offer many opportunity to non experienced persons.Try your luck there
    "If one takes care of the means, the end will take care of itself.
  • karan_004 said:

There is a group in facebook named Start Up Delhi.Lot of people are willing to offer many opportunity to non experienced persons.Try your luck there

thanks a lot, will join this group ..
  • Identify the App/Software skillset related to your engineering stream, and you may do a course in that.

Like,

Mechanical -
    AutoCAD, PTC Creo, CATIA, Solidworks.
  • Is there any scope in public sector consulting?? All big consulting firms have a dedicated government Advisory vertical....

Any comments??
  • Since we have extensive knowledge about issues, we can be a good candidate for it..
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog