Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE courses. Click below for details -
(1) Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude (2) Ancient, Medieval History, Art and Culture (3) Modern Indian History
(4) Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 (5) International Relations and Internal Security (6) Geography
(7) 200 Most Important Topics for UPSC CSE Prelims 2018
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now.

ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Law optional question paper 2017 discussion

Please upload law optional question paper 2017 and share your views regarding it. I hope our beloved optional would b spared this yearby upsc from being butchered unlike 2016

Comments

• MayShaw said:

Please upload law optional question paper 2017 and share your views regarding it. I hope our beloved optional would b spared this yearby upsc from being butchered unlike 2016

IMG_20171103_194437.jpg
    3456 x 4608 - 4M
    IMG_20171103_194434.jpg
    3456 x 4608 - 4M
    IMG_20171103_194449.jpg
    3456 x 4608 - 4M
    IMG_20171103_194424.jpg
    4608 x 3456 - 4M
  • edited November 2017
    Thanks nananana :smile: Pls upload paper 1 and also wts your take regarding this yrs exam
  • MayShaw said:

Thanks nananana :smile: Pls upload paper 1 and also wts your take regarding this yrs exam

pdf
    pdf
    compressed_images.pdf
    1M
  • A very balanced paper, I must say, however ipr's weightage is shockingly high!
  • Paper I was lengthy.
    Attempted 2.5 questions properly.
    Rest 2.5 questions just addressed the main demand of the question in points with pretty bad handwriting due to paucity of time. I answered them in very less words. I am afraid of the evaluation of these questions.

Paper II was good. Addressed all questions to my satisfaction.
  • MayShaw said:

A very balanced paper, I must say, however ipr's weightage is shockingly high!

Yes its balanced And contains all standard topics.
  • rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.
    Rest 2.5 questions just addressed the main demand of the question in points with pretty bad handwriting due to paucity of time. I answered them in very less words. I am afraid of the evaluation of these questions.

Beware of paper 1,it was the reason y many ppl were kicked out of the interview race last yr, Inc m
  • Paper 1 was moderate, paper 2 was quite difficult and many indirect questions were there ( last year paper 2 was so easy)
  • MayShaw said:

rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.

Beware of paper 1,it was the reason y many ppl were kicked out of the interview race last yr, Inc m
    How did your Paper 1 go last year?
    Did you attempt all questions?
    Were you satisfied with your performance?
    Did you address the main demand of the question?
  • Compared to last year, Paper 1 was of same or similar standards, i.e. moderate and satisfying, yet a bit tougher than last year because more generalist questions were part of the paper. Generalist questions = more vagueness = lesser marks in Optional. However, marks for Paper 1 in 2016 for almost all the candidates were unexpectedly low. Hence, nothing in concrete could be said about it.

About Paper 2, comparatively it was unconventional than last year. Compulsory section with Two IPR questions was challenging. But it is scoring too. So, yet again it depends on how examiner values. Last year was a black year for law. But, exceptions are exceptions. They wouldnt rule the day.
  • rudram said:

MayShaw said:

rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.

How did your Paper 1 go last year?
    Did you attempt all questions?
    Were you satisfied with your performance?
    Did you address the main demand of the question?
    I attempted all, yet scored in single digits. Addressed the main demand but not examiner's demand I guess, 777made m short of 10marks despite 400+ in GS and nearly 150 in essay
  • edited November 2017
    @Nananana sir there was a question in paper 2 that in all robbery either there is theft or extortion? Explain
    So do we need to define theft and robbery under their specific sections and then explain?
    What did you do? Plz answer
  • edited November 2017
    lexdelhi said:

@Nananana sir there was a question in paper 2 that in all robbery either there is theft or extortion? Explain
    So do we need to define theft and robbery under their specific sections and then explain?
    What did you do? Plz answer

I just wrote sec 390 as it is and explained it with illustration and that was sufficient to fill 2 pages one for thetf and other for extortion.
  • Nananana said:

MayShaw said:

Nanananaji defamation sale ka Kya answer kiya...whether we can claim grounds mentioned in pic or not
  • rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.

Paper II was good. Addressed all questions to my
    Rudram defamation sale ka Kya answer kiya...whether we can claim grounds mentioned in pic or not

• rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.

defamation wale ka Kya answer kiya...whether we can claim grounds mentioned in ipc or not

• rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.

defamation wale ka Kya answer kiya...whether we can claim grounds mentioned in ipc or not

• Nananana said:

MayShaw said:

Nanananaji defamation sale ka Kya answer kiya...whether we can claim grounds mentioned in pic or not
    Bhai wo grounds wala part nahi pata tha, maine first kiya achche se fir second wale me bakar pel di :neutral:
  • Nananana said:

Nananana said:

MayShaw said:

Bhai wo grounds wala part nahi pata tha, maine first kiya achche se fir second wale me bakar pel di :neutral:
    Same here
  • edited November 2017
    Nananana said:

Nananana said:

MayShaw said:

Nananana said:

Nananana said:

MayShaw said:

Nanananaji can u throw light on panchayati raj question ...wat have been gud answer for that
  • rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.

Look S.499 IPC Exceptions include either Truth or good faith.
    Truth is an absolute defense for tortious liability. While bona fide comment is also an absolute defence. Thus, IPC exceptions coincide with Tort law exceptions, to that extent they can be used.
    But, the question asked whether IPC Exceptions can be used as INDEPENDENT defences. The answer is no as Tort law does not recognise defences of Criminal law.
  • edited November 2017
    rudram said:

rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.

Truth is an absolute defense for tortious liability. While bona fide comment is also an absolute defence. Thus, IPC exceptions coincide with Tort law exceptions, to that extent they can be used.
    But, the question asked whether IPC Exceptions can be used as INDEPENDENT defences. The answer is no as Tort law does not recognise defences of Criminal law.
    Coincidentally i have also written same thing, can't say if it is true
  • rudram said:

rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.

I have also written same....thanx for replying.....did u attempt panchayati raj question in paper 1
  • rudram said:

rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.

Rudram please also throw some light on minority question. As to how you attempted it and also panchayati raj question in paper 1 if you have attempted it.
  • rudram said:

rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.

I have also written same....thanx for replying.....did u attempt panchayati raj question in paper 1
    I gave arguments for and against and concluded that for arguments are better.

Against:
    Ar. 14 violated : discrimination. No educational requirement for MP/MLA
    Undemocratic : choice of elected candidates restricted

For:
    Right to vote not curtailed.
    Educated PRI leaders---> better governance --> stronger democracy
  • rudram said:

rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.

Rudram please also throw some light on minority question. As to how you attempted it and also panchayati raj question in paper 1 if you have attempted it.
    Which question is 'minority' question ?
  • rudram said:

rudram said:

rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.

Which question is 'minority' question ?
    Paper 2 section B first question minority can be claimed as sheild but not as sword
  • edited November 2017
    rudram said:

rudram said:

rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.

Against:

For:
    Okay I have gone bit different in this......actually I started with 73rd and 74th constitutional amendment and then I told 3-4 highlighting importance of local governance.....then I discussed rajbala case saying that educational qualifications it will not affect local governance....please review it
  • rudram said:

rudram said:

rudram said:

Paper I was lengthy.

Against:

For:
    Okay I have gone bit different in this......actually I started with 73rd and 74th constitutional amendment and then I told 3-4 highlighting importance of local governance.....then I discussed rajbala case saying that educational qualifications it will not affect local governance....please review it
    I have done the same.
    Added Javed v State also. But mostly on those lines.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog