ForumIAS:Current Affairs & Newspaper Analysis 2018(Morning Batch)
Batch will be started on 23rd December Click here

UPDATE : Police Investigation against ForumIAS Members for selling content

Dear All,

Despite warning, people are buying and selling content here. Today a Delhi Police Constable came to us and handed over a summon, for disclosing the complete details of 7 users who have been selling courses here for commercial benefits. The case was filed by Neostencil India Pvt Ltd.

We will be forwarding all details to the Police and let us be very clear that no onwards we will not do the begging on your behalf.

Everytime, we end up begging on behalf of students and members that leave them this time. We will not do it anymore. This has become a regular feature.

If you continue doing such things, we will disclose your entire browsing history and ask the concerned parties to prosecute at least 2-3 candidates so that they cannot write the exam and it sets an example.

We will also go through all records and make available their mobile numbers and all details with us, as required by law.

Also, mobile number of members shall now be verified. If you plan to do any commercial activities that are forbidden by law or do any harassment of any person, irrespective of gender, this is not the right platform for you.

Comments

• root said:

If you continue doing such things, we will disclose your entire browsing history and ask the concerned parties to prosecute at least 2-3 candidates so that they cannot write the exam and it sets an example.

@root Did you mean comment history of forum or some thing else. What exactly is implied here?

• Uts good that forumias is concerned about piracy
    But at same time @forumias1 must ensure privacy of students
    End to end encrytion of data
    And mobile verifications for signup
  • Piracy must be curbed
    But at same time forumias must let users feel safer by taking proper privacy checks
    And provide encryption @root
  • A new version of the matrix forum is needed that takes care of all these things.
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
  • Forum is returning to its earlier glories.
    Good discussions are taking place.

Agreed with @Neyawn that forum needs some final curbs to check inappropriate users.

You can also subscribe my channel/page "Sleepy Classes" on youtube. All the best :)
  • I see many people who are here just for timepass and barge in on any decent conversation going on and mock/pass remarks on others. So please take note of such people who are not helpful in any way and instead create nuisance for others.
  • mobile number verification should be made mandatory for all new memberships, and existing users must be asked to verify numbers in a limited time frame. mobile number verification is easier to incorporate in coding. its already working for flavido.
    Decision toss karke liya tha, toss ka result dekh kar nahin...
  • I think forum should charge a small lifetime fees (100-500 Rs) for joining ForumIAS along with mobile number verification.
  • Dead Man said:

I think forum should charge a small lifetime fees (100-500 Rs) for joining ForumIAS along with mobile number verification.

+1

Prelims=1 ,Mains= 1* , PT=0

Geography Optional.
  • Dead Man said:

I think forum should charge a small lifetime fees (100-500 Rs) for joining ForumIAS along with mobile number verification.

not a good idea I believe.. an amount of Rs 100 would mean nothing to a person who is selling a course for, say 10,000..
    Plus, charging money for membership would make Forum just like your profile name. someone would jump in with the same idea and create a new ForumIAS sibling, albeit FREE..

Make mobile verification a must, and assign the Watch Duty to more number of students.
    Decision toss karke liya tha, toss ka result dekh kar nahin...
  • Requirements
    1. Make mobile verificatio nnecessary
    2. Captcha to post new discussions
    3. End to end encryption via letsencrypt or simpilar free services
    4. Strict action on commemts flagged (i flag lot of piracy/promotion posts but no action is taken , probably due to manpower crunch)
    5. More focus to forum its its the central peice of forumIAS community
    6. Imporvememt of servers atleast on result days
  • There are other technical issues , like a comment cant be editited (even withing 2-3 min windo) it shows string of random chracters when trying to edit
    @root @Neyawn comsider these points mentioned above
  • heyya ... gm ...

nothing new ... ur platform .. u have d sole right to decide how n what to allow ... n i guess u disclose only the so called " 7 guys/ girls " details ..... as u too " respect the your members privacy " ....

are " u 7 " marketing karni hi hai ..to koi aur jagh dhoond lo ... kyo kisi ko pareshaan krte ho .... mtllb ..forumias waalon ko ....
  • Finallyyyyyyyyy !!!! Kudos team FORUMIAS.

People don't listen to the Power of the Argument but the Argument of Power. Let the law take it's own course. Especially on bullying/trolling/gender- denigrating Manufacturing Defects here !

+1000 for step :smile:
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)
  • everyone on forumias should really switch to tor browser now if they repeatedly keep threatening others about disclosing our browsing details and all. Also, there are plenty fake sms generator verification methods available.

Atleast Forumias guys should try to stand up for their users once in a while rather than bending their knee to these money sucking coaching guys. Oh i forgot, you people are also now among one of them.
  • when it comes to survival, all the ethics forumias preaches go for a toss.
    Either strongly moderate the content by hiring full time mods so that no illegal file sharing can happen but disclosing privacy of people is not the right thing. You are shirking from your responsibility
    The day we decided that the worth of an individual was determined by their performance in an examination, that was the day Education failed us.

Long live Revolution, Down with ForumIAS. Ban me Mods
  • when it comes to survival, all the ethics forumias preaches go for a toss.
    Either strongly moderate the content by hiring full time mods so that no illegal file sharing can happen but disclosing privacy of people is not the right thing. You are shirking from your responsibility

:)
  • Please make it mandatory to register mobile phone number by OTP verification.
  • Please make it mandatory to register mobile phone number by OTP verification.

P.S. : Edit jugad works when "quote" pointer is opened in new tab. Thanks for this.

• Good plan, forum I am unable to login or even reset my password for over one month..

Now your plan of mobile number and otp will create trouble further.

Anyways, just one concern as a female member , will mobile number be visible to
    Moderators. If so, how do you get plan to secure safety and privacy of female members since mods are people only, not holier than thou.
  • anjus said:

Good plan, forum I am unable to login or even reset my password for over one month..

Moderators. If so, how do you get plan to secure safety and privacy of female members since mods are people only, not holier than thou.

use textnow.com for such concerns
  • realracer said:

anjus said:

Good plan, forum I am unable to login or even reset my password for over one month..

use textnow.com for such concerns
    I went through it, nowhere does it allow one to have a duplicate number or something. How would it help?

• mobile numbers of large number of upsc aspirants. just a privacy concern @root its a big responsibility to manage sensitive database, handle with care, otherwise good initiative.

and this forum is your property you have all the rights you dont need beg for members doing unlawful activities but still risking their future for the sake of setting example is not you should do.

people selling content on other platforms all the time like Facebook groups, whatsapp and telegram groups. you think Facebook give away details of those posting to police instead they remove content or handle it on their own.
    user protection and building faith is your job.even youtube removes videos and blocks users using any copyrighted content and not hand over users to police.

instead take precautionary measures beforehand, you can clearly see these people posting on forum and they can be easily managed provided enough manpower on your part which is clearly not up to the mark.

again you have all the rights, those 7 had done wrong and it is just a suggestion.
    keep it up. all the best.
  • Simple think is to not store anything on your severs
    Lot of responsibilty gets delegated
    Use encryption
  • assassin said:

mobile numbers of large number of upsc aspirants. just a privacy concern @root its a big responsibility to manage sensitive database, handle with care, otherwise good initiative.

and this forum is your property you have all the rights you dont need beg for members doing unlawful activities but still risking their future for the sake of setting example is not you should do.

people selling content on other platforms all the time like Facebook groups, whatsapp and telegram groups. you think Facebook give away details of those posting to police instead they remove content or handle it on their own.
    user protection and building faith is your job.even youtube removes videos and blocks users using any copyrighted content and not hand over users to police.

instead take precautionary measures beforehand, you can clearly see these people posting on forum and they can be easily managed provided enough manpower on your part which is clearly not up to the mark.

again you have all the rights, those 7 had done wrong and it is just a suggestion.

how does this person know "7 people had done wrong" ??? ;-)
  • anjus said:

assassin said:

mobile numbers of large number of upsc aspirants. just a privacy concern @root its a big responsibility to manage sensitive database, handle with care, otherwise good initiative.

i am no one to judge brother but to accept the facts put out by root, i am just believing what he had posted in the first place. and if root had set up some rules for the forum and someone broke them then they had done wrong on forum. not judging just rules you know..
  • Lionidus said:

Ok my view is that there must be an option to delete profile permanently all good sites have this option.

Ya , I agree 100%
    ehh what's up doc!!!!

Pre -4, mains -2 , interview - 2, Rank -None
  • assassin said:

anjus said:

assassin said:

i am no one to judge brother but to accept the facts put out by root, i am just believing what he had posted in the first place. and if root had set up some rules for the forum and someone broke them then they had done wrong on forum. not judging just rules you know..
    My apologies , if you misunderstood me. I was just saying it in light humour , as I did not see root mention the number "7".

So I was just trying to pull your leg.

I am no brother.
  • anjus said:

assassin said:

anjus said:

assassin said:

My apologies , if you misunderstood me. I was just saying it in light humour , as I did not see root mention the number "7".

So I was just trying to pull your leg.

I am no brother.
    "No brother"
    Root did mention"7"
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog