MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

IFoS DAF related query

Can anyone tell wat is d purpose behind Home state declaration in form (Town n state)...is it dat they don't post u there??Also what are d docs to upload for GEN category candidates....10th passing certificate, degree certificate, home state declaration n undertaking fro govt employees...4 docs ??? In d checklist in DAF govt undertaking is not given ..but it is given in DAF instructions....should v attach it or not ??

Comments

• Home state declaration got me thinking as well
  • Koi reply kardo bhailogo 20 SEP last date h
  • @maverick5924 Home state is relevant for cadre allocation. Every state has fixed number of insider and outsider vacancies. For your home state you are considered as insider. For eg. If my home state is UP and if UP has no vacancy for insider then I won't be allocated UP even though I may have topped the exam.
    For those of us climbing to the top of the food chain, there can be no mercy. There is but one rule: Hunt or be hunted.
  • Guys I am not getting summary sheet in my preview of DAF? is anyone else facing same problem?
  • Guys do we need to send the DAF by post also or online submission will suffice.
  • anyone please reply ...if you are facing the same issue of DAF preview not showing summary sheet?
  • In the Indian Languages section, is there any specific exam passing or is it board exam of 10th?
  • home state is for cadre alloaction. And yes once if u get ur home state as ur cadre u will not be posted in ur hometown its a convention that is normally followed.
  • is there any separate home state declaration format or we have to cut paste from page no.32 of instructions.
  • sachin21 said:

is there any separate home state declaration format or we have to cut paste from page no.32 of instructions.

Ya use the one given in that page.
  • sachin21 said:

is there any separate home state declaration format or we have to cut paste from page no.32 of instructions.

Ya use the one given in that page.
    dhanyawaad bhai
  • Can hometown in declaration n permanent address in DAF be different ....for eg if one writes Lucknow in permanent address n gives Jhansi as hometown (a rented address) to save d capital for future posting...oderwise one can miss out on a gud city/state capital?? Can one change permanent address after joining to sum Oder city??
  • Do we need to send hard copy by post?
    "Unpredictable" Public Service Commission and Uncertain Future.
  • Not required.
  • In home state declaration format its asking "Name of town & complete address"...there is not enough space for full address...will just giving town name and state name suffice?
  • The uploaded file is getting distorted... someone please tell me what to do?
    TIA
    Human choice is a complicated affair; cognitive biases:framing effects:Mental models:heuristics;
    Winter is Here.
  • Hey guys, what is this one "proof of passing the requisite qualifying Examination along with their application for the
    Main Examination"

please reply anyone
  • anyone else getting database connection failed on UPSC DAF link?
  • Hey guys, what is this one "proof of passing the requisite qualifying Examination along with their application for the
    Main Examination"

please reply anyone

Your graduation certificate
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog