Does one need to follow PIB regularly?

I am following the Hindu regularly. Do I also need to follow PIB for current affairs or will Hindu suffice for both prelims and mains? As it takes about 1 hour to finish the Hindu, following PIB will add one more hour to it.
Do the monthly compilation booklets by Vision etc cover topics from PIB? I am asking this as I am a newbie and don't have much idea about these monthly compilations.

Comments

• The Roi on doing pib separately is not great. Vision compilations do incorporate some issues from pib but not all.
    Doing Hindu daily with a monthly compilation like vision would be sufficient. But if you do feel the need, then I would suggest go for Pib compilations from some coaching rather than doing the primary source.
    There is no peace for the living.
  • No need bhai....u ll get compilations for that and that ll suffice
    prelims 3 ...mains 2+3rd 2017...interview 1(no rank)
    cutoff----kejriwal's range(-+3)
  • Pib monthly magazines are available free..Just google search "pib monthly magazines" . Just 2 hours a month is enough instead of daily 1 hour.
  • Iasbaba gives pib monthly Compilations thatis very much sufficient
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog